• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten

Linxsis

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
We need a day at least one day out of the year to show love to all the (or just our favorite) developers which have contributed soo much to this community over the years.

On this day do something something special, send them an e-card, kick them a few bucks to their paypal or just a friendly hi or hello on their profile... and please don't forget to like their threads!

Likes are important maybe not to everyone but to the ones just getting their feet wet (it builds their self esteem), it also allows potential clientele to see that this person is well loved and known to community.

@Elime has 193 posts and only 160 likes yet his Editor has been viewed over 12k times. This person deserves an infinite amount of likes!

@Gesior.pl has been making contributions to this community long since 2007 and yet he only has 662 likes but his aac is synonymous with ot servers.

@Znote has also been around and contributing to this community since 2009 and like Gesior.pl's acc Znote's is also synonymous with ot servers yet he only has 984 likes.

@Mark who is the backbone behind TFS has been around since 2007 and only has 1,344 likes...

According to otservlist's current data there are there is 16,572 players playing an ot server (yes some of those could spoofed numbers or an mc) but still there is 384 servers online right now with 588 servers in their database and these developers who provide support and updates to their projects for no money at all should be praised!

Give or take that could possibly be 588 servers utilizing open source software, not to mention all the countless non-published projects.

I couldn't find who built object builder, rme or the item editors on otland, but the point is i see something seriously wrong with this community. The great developers which have passed through otland's doors and left their mark seem to have been long forgotten or just ignored, yet we continue to use their creations with little to no innovation on our own part.

And then people demand updates to existing systems, applications or protocols but refuse to share as people of the past and some (but not many) of the present still do.

I love to learn and if there is something someone wants to teach I am game (all ears). But that doesn't seem to be the goal of this community it seems to me that not many want to learn anything at all and are encourage to be dependent. As if education is intentionally stifled.

I guess that is all I have to say thanks for reading and thanks to all the developers who made otland once a great community! :)

Last edited:
There is so much talent here. It's amazing.

For what it's worth, here's a big thank you from me!

This whole community, and open tibia in general has been the most fun part of my online life for ..... probably 12-15 years?

You guys rock. I truly hope we can keep this alive forever :)

Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge, time and patience with everyone else. This project/community wouldnt have gone so far without all of you who contributed to it.

I can only hope that this project keeps going and growing for many more years.

Remember that every bit that you can help its one step closer we are as a community to a bigger goal.

Last edited:
Back