• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Lost Kingdom Revival (Custom Vocs, Indepth RPG Map) Discussion/Feedback

Tonight at 22:00 CET for better or for worse I'll put up a very small test. It'll be one of the the 2 towns, 1 spawn and 3 quests inside the town and spawn and most likely every vocation except the Alchemist.

I'll post the IP and a short intro in this thread when it's available.

(Basically, it'll be tourist mode.)
i will try it out! :D

I have put the test on earlier than expected.

I have to emphasize that the server barley has any features at the moment. This is more to give me a platform to develop on and push daily patches on. I intend to add new part of the map every day as a form of progress, since I want the server officially open before march.

Basically, I've been very against testing this early into development, but I feel it'll help progress if I have it on constantly and it also lets people try out the new things I've added as I post in this thread. Basically, it's an extension of this thread.

Tomorrow I'll add an NPC that boosts your char to 100, and puts it in a testing area so you can test spells. For now, I suspect the server will feel much smaller than it actually is since you'll be constricted to few spells and things to do due to the map size and spawns blocking progress.

Things to note:
- There are only 3 active vocations for this testing phase.
- There is only one real hunting spawn filled with undead. There is also a hunting spawn with rotworms, but it is hidden and is rather small.
- The Undead spawn WILL be hard. Especially for warriors. Try the rotworm spawn first.
- If you want to test spells etc, tomorrow evening might be a better idea, once the test area is added.
-If you're blocked by a level wall, try to see if I'm on(Test-server chat) and I'll just tp you through it.
- Most NPCs have multiple keywords. Try some obvious words.
-Use the ingame Test-Server chat to talk to me, I'll be on while working on the server etc, and obviously testing a lot myself.
-Vocations have been redone quite a bit since the first post. Mostly more flavour and spells. Archers now have an animal companion for example.

A short beginners guide to this extremely small server at the moment.
Start by going west out of the temple, talk to the Guide for some quick map marks.
The undead spawn in the crypts is going to be very hard at the start. You could try it, or you could go straight to Hubert and start his quest. Figure it out and you'll find the rotworm spawn at the same time.
- There is Huberts quest, then there are 3 quests in the undead spawn. If you have friends, try it with a team.

Hopefully you've read it all and dont log on and get all disappointed.
Protocol is 10.77. IP/Website is: 185.15.244.52

Last edited:
How do i create an account? Or i am blind enough to not see it?

Edit: nevermind im blind

hwakcl.jpg

I had a fun little adventure. I enjoyed playing my own server quite a bit and it motivated me. Tomorrow I'll add atleast a tomb and a new rotworm cave.

We've entered the crypts, Wolfie! Lets do this!
SUHzC5t.jpg

NOO, WOLFIEEEE!!!!
VYFz3o4.jpg

Lets not bite off more than we can chew.
iJFX7di.jpg

Well, i've been playing the sorcerer for some time and i really enjoy it so far (even when there are only a few quests). I really see a bright future of this project and i hope you will keep up the good work you've done so far.
As playing a sorcerer i had a chance to test the familiars and can say i few words about them:

Fire Familiar(aoe damage?): dealing a constant 50-60 damage with his fire strike and sometimes throwing a fire blast with the same damage it has the lowest DPS of all familliars i've tested. Its survivability is low aswell, needs some adjustments.

Energy Familiar (Supposingly very squishy, and getting the highest dps on a single target?): Well its a familliar with the lowest survivability indeed but the damage need readjustment. He regurarly does 9-13 damage with his regular strike(fast atk speed) and cast a beam of 100+ damage sometimes.

Earth Familiar(The Tank?): Having a good survivability count for a decent tank, its damage is too high compared to the familliars above. It deals about 40-60 with his melee damage and about the same damage with a rock throw. Aaaand he has this earth exori which deals a 100+ damage. The damage of this familiar is too big in my opinion and needs to be fixed.

Ice Familiar(Crowd Control?): This is the familiar with survivability compared to the earth elemental AND the damage of his is the biggest of them all. Having a melee strike of 40-60 damage, ice strike of 40-60 damage, weird aoe spell of 150-250 damage, and his weird explosion spell of 100-200 damage. Needs some big adjustments.

My thoughts: Its a really good server, i encourage everyone to test it out! Personally i would nerf the damage of ice elemental and give it some crowd control/supportive spells like paralyzing the enemy or giving a shield to the summoner. i think that the mana cost of Utevo Sio (Call familiar) should be lowered cuz 100 is way too much.

Kind Regards
Shiros

Last edited:
dlkte3.jpg

Me and my cold friend George having fun exploring places

Oh wow, you made it that high already? That is the hardest quest on the server at the moment. I'll be finishing up the patch I'm working on (Releasing Paladin and fixed all the bugs reported today) and updating before I head to bed.

A short teaser on what I'm working on before going to bed.
Light of the Heavens - Paladin spell.

Last edited:
Kyou, I miss the old TLK map. It is a part of the nostalgia. I wish you would add your new map content to that map instead and work from it from there :)

Kyou, I miss the old TLK map. It is a part of the nostalgia. I wish you would add your new map content to that map instead and work from it from there :)

The TLK map files are not good enough. Really, they're horrible.
I should know, I made them. :p
The map will have a very similar layout as the old TLK.
The main town will be called Sevan and resemble it, but obviously in a much higher quality.

----
I've done a writeup on the current status of vocations. The focus atm is Map, so this will probably stay like this for atleast a week on the test server. Spam me with ideas if you get any.

Also Paladins are now enabled.

TLK: Revival v0.32
---
Summons Melee is now melee.
Blitz Strike no longer targets players or creatures inside houses and protection zones.
Barrage no longer targets players or creatures inside houses and protection zones.
Multiple Map Bugs Fixed

Familiars & Companions:
All familiar & Companion summoning spells now have a 60 second cooldown.
All familiar & Companion summoning spells now cost 10% of your maximum mana.
All base damage lowered by 75% - Scaling damage increased by 3%
Added Spell: Kill Command (Archer) [Commands your pet to attack the target viciously.]
Added Spell: Banish Familiar (Mage, Archer) [Kills your summon.]
Changed Spell: Call Summon (Mage, Archer) Mana cost down to 50 from 100.

Classes: -- Remake in progress for the non-custom mage spells. --
Mage:
Weapon Type: Rods, Wands, Spells and Powerful Familiars that scale with your character and empower your elemental abilities.
Flame Strike (level 12, 20 mana) - A basic fire strike. [exori flam] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Frost Strike (level 12, 20 mana) - A basic frost strike. [exori frigo] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Energy Strike (level 12, 20 mana) - A basic energy strike. [exori vis] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Death Strike (level 12, 20 mana) - A basic death strike. [exori mort] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Earth Strike (level 12, 20 mana) - A basic earth strike. [exori tera] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Strong Flame Strike (level 50, 60 mana) - A strong fire strike. [exori gran flam] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Strong Frost Strike (level 50, 60 mana) - A strong frost strike. [exori gran frigo] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Strong Energy Strike (level 50, 60 mana) - A strong energy strike. [exori gran vis] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Strong Earth Strike (level 50, 60 mana) - A strong earth strike. [exori gran tera] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Ultimate Flame Strike (level 90, 100 mana) - An ultimate fire strike. [exori max flam] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Ultimate Frost Strike (level 90, 100 mana) - An ultimate frost strike. [exori max frigo] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Ultimate Energy Strike (level 90, 100 mana) - An ultimate energy strike. [exori max vis] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Ultimate Earth Strike (level 90, 100 mana) - An ultimate earth strike. [exori max tera] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!

Blitz Strike (level 20, 200 mana) - It's a cool spell! Try it. Teleports you to your target, zaps it and teleports you back. [exori vis zoom]
Gravity Pull (level 42, 420 mana, 10s CD) - Pulls your target infront of you. [exevo sio hur]
Elemental Barrage (level 65, 220 mana, 25s CD) - A barrage of every single element. [exori elementa]
Inferno (level 50, 800 mana) - An inferno of flame strikes around you 3 times. [exori gran mas flam]

Flame Blast (level 30, 120 mana) - Like a GFB on target. [exori mas flam] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Frost Blast (level 30, 120 mana) - [exori mas frigo] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Energy Blast (level 30, 120 mana) - [exori mas vis] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!
Earth Blast (level 30, 120 mana) - [exori mas tera] !! Empowered by Familiar of the same Element !!

Energy Beam (level 23, 40 mana) - [exevo vis lux]
Great Energy Beam (level 29, 110 mana) - [exevo gran vis lux]
Great Earth Beam (level 29, 110 mana) - [exevo gran tera lux]
Great Fire Beam (level 29, 110 mana) - [exevo gran flam lux]
Great Frost Beam (level 29, 110 mana) - [exevo gran frigo lux]
Great Death Beam (level 29, 110 mana) - [exevo gran mort lux]

Force Wave (level 38, 170 mana) - [exevo vis hur]
Creeping Death (level 38, 170 mana) - [exevo mort hur]
Dragon's Breath (level 18, 25 mana) - [exevo flam hur]
Ice Wave (level 18, 25 mana) - [exevo frigo hur]
Practice Fire Wave (level 10, 5 mana) - [exevo dis flam hur]
Strong Ice Wave (level 60, 185 mana) - [exevo gran frigo hur]
Terra Wave (level 40, 210 mana) - [exevo tera hur]

Blizzard (level 60, 1050 mana) - [exevo gran mas frigo]
Hell's Core (level 60, 1100 mana) - [exevo gran mas flam]
Rage of the Skies (level 55, 600 mana) - [exevo gran mas vis]
Wrath of Nature (level 55, 700 mana) - [exevo gran mas tera]

Summon Familiar (level 20, 10% mana, 60s CD) - Summon a familiar of chosen element. [utevo (flam/tera/frigo/vis) res"]
Call Summon (level 25, 50 mana) - Teleports your summon to you. [utevo sio]
Heal Summon (level 25, 185 mana) - Heals your summon. [exura utevo]
Destroy Summon (level 25, 0 mana) - Destroys your summon. [exevo mortum]

Haste Friend (level 20, 100 mana) - Casts Strong Haste on targetted player. [utani sio "name"]
Time Warp (level 36, 325 mana)- Casts a long lasting haste buff on party in an area. [utani mas res]
Evocation (level 15, 0 mana, 60s CD) - Restores 25% mana. [etura vita]
Cancel Magic Shield (level 14, 0 mana) - Cancels your magic shield. [utamo axi]

Enchant Party (level 32, 120*targets mana) - A temporary magic level buff to your party. [utori mas sio]

Classic Support Spells:
Find Person,
Food,
Haste,
Strong Haste,
Magic Rope,
Levitate,
Light,
Great Light,
Ultimate Light,
Magic Shield,
Creature Illusion,
Invisibility,
Cancel Invisibility,
Light Healing,
Intense Healing,
Ultimate Healing,
Cure Poison,
Cure Burning,
Cure Electrified,
Cure Curse,
Cure Bleeding,
Curse,
Electrify,
Ignite,
Envenom,
Lightning,
Apprentices Strike,

----------------------

Archer:
Weapon Type: Ranged weapons. Can conjure and enchant any ranged weapons. Can also summon an animal companion.
Call Wolf Companion (level 10, 10% mana, 60s CD) - Summons an animal companion that scales with level. [utevo sura]
Kill Command (level 10, 45 mana, 10s CD) - Commands your animal companion to attack viciously. [exori sura sio]
Call Summon (level 25, 50 mana) - Teleports your summon to you. [utevo sio]
Heal Summon (level 25, 185 mana) - Heals your summon. [exura utevo]
Destroy Summon (level 25, 0 mana) - Destroys your summon. [exevo mortum]

Ethereal Spear (level 23, 25 mana) - [exori con]
Volley (level 40, 250 mana, 20s CD) - Shoots a volley of bolts over an area. [exori vita mas con]
Barrage (level 20, 225 mana, 30s CD) - Shoots a barrage of arrows on nearby targets.
Strong Ethereal Spear (level 90, 55 mana) - [exori gran con]
Frontal Bolt Burst (level 43, 540 mana) - Needs fixing. [exori con lux]
Aimed Burst (level 65, 185 mana) - A burst of arrow on a single target. [exori max con]

Sharpshooter (level 60, 450 mana) - A short duration distance skill buff. [utito tempo san]

Intense Would Cleansing (level 80, 200 mana) - Strong heal based on melee and ranged skills. [exura gran ico]
Would Cleansing (level 10, 40 mana) - Heal based on melee and ranged skills. [exura ico]
Recovery (level 25, 100 mana) - A heal over time effect. [utura]
Intense Recovery (level 70, 200 mana) - A stronger heal over time effect. [utura gran]

Swift Foot (level 55, 400 mana) - A strong haste buff. [utamo tempo san]

Classic Support Spells:
Find Person,
Food,
Haste,
Strong Haste,
Magic Rope,
Levitate,
Light,
Great Light,
Magic Shield,
Creature Illusion,
Invisibility,
Cancel Invisibility,
Light Healing,
Intense Healing,
Ultimate Healing,
Cure Poison,
Cure Burning,
Cure Electrified,
Cure Curse,
Cure Bleeding,
Curse,
Electrify,
Ignite,
Envenom,
Lightning,

----------------------

Continued in next post..

Last edited:
Warrior:
-- Weapon Type: Melee.
Annihilation (level 110, 300 mana) - A strong extra strike. [exori gran ico]
Berserk (level 35, 115 mana) - Its exori. Seriously [exori]
Rend (level 25, 90 mana) - AoE bleed. [exori kor]
Shockwave (level 35, 145 mana) - Its a line attack. Will be updated. [exori moe hur]
Brutal Strike (level 16, 30 mana) - [exori ico]
Flurry (level 20, 195 mana) - A flurry of blows. [exori sura ico]
Whirlwind Throw (level 28, 40 mana) - Weapon throw. [exori hur]
Inflict Wound (level 40, 30 mana) - [exori kor]
Groundshaker (level 33, 160 mana) - Slam the ground enough to create shockwaves around you. [exori mas]
Fierce Berserk (level 90, 340 mana) - [exori gran]
Front Sweep (level 45, 200) - [exori min]

Harpoon Pull (level 22, 120 mana, 10s CD) - Pulls your target infront of you. [exori sio hur]

Blood Rage (level 60, 290 mana) - A short lasting large offensive skill buff [utito tempo]
Glorious Defender (level 40, 290 mana) - A long lasting shielding buff [utito tura san]
Protector (level 55, 200 mana) - A short lasting large shielding buff [utamo tempo]

Taunt (level 20, 30 mana) - Taunts a single target. [exeta sio]
Challenge (level 20, 30 mana) - Taunts creature in a circle around the user. [exeta res]

Berserker Charge (level 35, 200 health) - A very strong haste buff. [utani tempo hur]
Enraged Regeneration (level 20, 200 health) - Sacrifice some health for intense regeneration based on % health. [utori kor]
Would Cleansing (level 10, 40 mana) - Heal based on melee and ranged skills. [exura ico]
Intense Would Cleansing (level 80, 200 mana) - Strong heal based on melee and ranged skills. [exura gran ico]
Recovery (level 25, 100 mana) - A heal over time effect. [utura]
Intense Recovery (level 70, 200 mana) - A stronger heal over time effect. [utura gran]

Protect Party (level 32, 90*targets mana) - A temporary shielding buff to your party. [utamo mas sio]

Classic Support Spells:
Find Person,
Food,
Haste,
Magic Rope,
Levitate,
Light,
Great Light,
Light Healing,
Cure Poison,
Cure Burning,
Cure Electrified,
Cure Curse,
Cure Bleeding,

----------------------

Paladin:
-- Weapon Type: Melee, Distance, Magic. All rounders, but you always prefer to use a shield due to scalings. Spear + Shield is the archetype but anything goes.

Rage of the Heavens (level 50, 330 mana. 15s CD) - A divine area attack. [exevo mas san]
Holy Nova (level 35, 215 mana, 25s CD) - A nova of holy right eminating from the paladin. [exori mas san]
Divine Missile (level 25, 35 mana) - A holy missile. [exori san]
Blinding Flash (level 40, 75 mana) - A blinding flash exploding from your target, damaging and paralyzing foes. [utori san]
Retribution (level 45, 155 mana) - A spell that changes form depending on weapontype. If you're using a melee weapon it's a quick 3 strike melee attack. If you're in range mode, you shoot holy missiles on nearby targets.

Glorious Defender (level 40, 290 mana) - A long lasting shielding buff [utito tura san]
Protector (level 55, 200 mana) - A short lasting large shielding buff [utamo tempo]

Challenge (level 20, 30 mana) - Taunts creature in a circle around the user. [exeta res]
Taunt (level 20, 30 mana) - Taunts a single target. [exeta sio]

Divine Healing (level 25, 135 mana) - A strong heal. [exura san]
Salvation (level 60, 200 mana) - A very strong heal. [exura gran san]
Prayer for a Friend (level 25, 135 mana) - Heal a friendly target. [exura san sio "name"]
Light of the Heavens (level 36, 325 mana) - Heal friendly targets in an area around you. [exura mas san]
Prayer to the Light (level 33, 100 mana) - Pray for a blessing, healing you over time. [utura san]
Communion with the Light (level 60, 150 mana) - Pray for a strong blessing, healing you over time. [utura gran san]
Bless Friend (level 60, 220 mana) - Bless a friendly target. Healing them over time. [utura san sio "name"]

Protect Party (level 32, 90*targets mana) - A temporary shielding buff to your party. [utamo mas sio]

Classic Support Spells:
Find Person,
Food,
Haste,
Magic Rope,
Levitate,
Light,
Great Light,
Light Healing,
Intense Healing,
Cure Poison,
Cure Burning,
Cure Electrified,
Cure Curse,
Cure Bleeding,

----------------------

Alchemist:

-- ALCHEMISTS are VERY MUCH a Work in Progress. I have great ideas, but at the moment I'm focusing on the map. I also have some very original ideas in the works.
-- Weapon Type: Rods & Wands. Runes.

Cancel Magic Shield (level 14, 0 mana) - Cancels your magic shield. [utamo axi]

Enchant Party (level 32, 120*targets mana) - A temporary magic level buff to your party. [utori mas sio]

Alchemists can make the following runes:
Missile Runes:
Stalagmite
Heavy Magic Missile
Icicle
Holy Missile
Cursed Missile
Burning Missile

Ultimate Runes:
Sudden Death
Blizzard Blast
Thunderbolt
Magic Rockthrow
White Destruction
Inferno

Fields and walls:
All of them.

AoE Runes:
Great Fireball
Avalanche
Thunderstorm
Stone Shower
Cursed Explosion
Mass Healing Runes

Healing Rune:
Intense Healing Rune
Ultimate Healing Rune
Mix Mana Potion
Mix Strong Mana Potion
Mix Great Mana Potion
Mix Health Potion
Mix Strong Health Potion
Mix Great Health Potion
Mix Ultimate Health Potion

Classic Support Spells:
Find Person,
Food,
Haste,
Strong Haste,
Magic Rope,
Levitate,
Light,
Great Light,
Magic Shield,
Creature Illusion,
Invisibility,
Light Healing,
Intense Healing,
Ultimate Healing,
Cure Poison,
Cure Burning,
Cure Electrified,
Cure Curse,
Cure Bleeding,

Please tell me we can expect tons and tons of custom items/monsters. Having custom vocations is very cool indeed, but you need to have all the pieces of a puzzle to put it together otherwise it's an unfinished mess.

is there going to be some type of assassin class? i love those if their done right

Please tell me we can expect tons and tons of custom items/monsters. Having custom vocations is very cool indeed, but you need to have all the pieces of a puzzle to put it together otherwise it's an unfinished mess.

Custom monsters will definivitlvey be implemented. Especially custom bosses and stronger monsters with advanced spells.
I'm going to rebalance weapons at a further stage of development, other custom items other than rods/wands and weapons is undecided.

When it will be online again? Im thirsty for testing tho stuff

WOOPS. I had updated some things last night and simply forgot to put the server on after updating. Fuck. It's back on.

is there going to be some type of assassin class? i love those if their done right

This is something I want to do, something like the TLK Brawler/Ninja. However, it's very hard to get right while balancing other vocations so I'll be adding it once we got a beta big enough for players to reach level 100 with the other classes without being crowded or too bored.

pQXm5Dt.jpg

Part of the new dragon spawn I'm adding in next patch (0.4). It's in an hour or so.
Edit: It's live. And the server should be on this time, rofl.

Kill Command fixed once again.
Summoning Elementals and Companions now cost 50% max mana.
Added offline trainers
Updated the west part of town. NPCs being added in 0.41
Added a rotworm cave northwest of town.
Started one of the djinn quests.
Fixed a few map bugs.
Added a hidden area, Dracona. With a few small quests and two major ones. It's sadly very very hard or impossible at current levels.
Added the entrance to a tomb so players can find it, the tomb itself is still closed off though. Redo Nimea's quest on a new character for the hint if you have already done it.
Added more quests.
Changed level requirement and mana cost on a few spells.

Here's some of the ideas I'm working on for 4.1
A summon regen spell
Finishing the Carass tomb.
A wider questline for Dracona (prequest for one of the big quests)
Deeper area of Dracona (with an attunement quest)
Crypt of the Necrodancer in Crypts of Radania
Expanding the Crypts of Radania with an area for higher levels and another quest
Adding Undead Creatureproducts to Zann
If you eat the tomato, Hubert will no longer talk to you.
Finishing Erlands contract quest once one of the djinn quests is added.
Djinn quests
More spawns
Updated Familiars (Revised spells, formulae)

Last edited:
Tonight at 22:00 CET for better or for worse I'll put up a very small test. It'll be one of the the 2 towns, 1 spawn and 3 quests inside the town and spawn and most likely every vocation except the Alchemist.

I'll post the IP and a short intro in this thread when it's available.

(Basically, it'll be tourist mode.)
keep usupdated on this thread

Are sorceres supposed to start at level 10 with 50 mana and 200hp?

Last edited:
keep usupdated on this thread

Are sorceres supposed to start at level 10 with 50 mana and 200hp?

For testing at the moment, yup! The first spawn implemented was the Radanian crypts and it's a bit hard straight out of character creation.
You'll probably end up starting either at level 1 or level 8 with worse gear once map is a little bigger.

Back