• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Mystery Server Showoff

alltus

Reaction score
(Hey guys, I have no idea how people print screen beautifully or some kind, so if someone knows any guide for it, I would be much appreciated.)
Hello everyone! From now on I'm going to showoff what I'm doing here in RME/LUA/XML.
I'm gonna make initially a continent called Aurora, then some isles to complete. Maybe this gonna be a server later on?? Let's see...

I'm new to these softwares, wanted to make cool things here so if you have something to suggest I'm gonna be pleased :)

Alright, before start with the photos, I'm gonna tell a little lore about the world itself:

"On the continent of Aurora, many creatures coexist or fighting, or peacefully.
In this world, there are countless mysteries, stories and missions to be solved.
Disembark today on the mysterious server!"

Alright then, let's start!

[1] This is where you begin. Welcome to Sahir!

screenshot_2020-08-14-9-10-53.pngscreenshot_2020-08-14-9-11-12.pngscreenshot_2020-08-14-9-11-19.pngscreenshot_2020-08-14-9-11-33.png

It's a small progression, I know. But the good thing is that I've learned a lot how to code, made the NPCs here, also that monk gives information about the mainland, about the character, etc.

For example, when the player start in the server, you will learn about Sahir (the village where you start) and about an orc invasion at Jahad (a city to the southeast) where you've been knocked out.

But yeah, that's it for now. It gonna be a slow-pace progression because I'm at the University, but everytime I do something in this project, I'm gonna post here.
Thanks for reading it! See you in the next chapter!

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-08-14-9-11-49.png
    screenshot_2020-08-14-9-11-49.png
    708.4 KB · Views: 73 · VirusTotal
I must say, i love reading this, man this is exactly how i started like years back!
I like your motivation and eager to be creative.

With that said, I want to give you some pointers to help you improve.
The maps are lacking, and there is a way to make it much better very quick, and thats Turning off autobordering.
This will make for a much less "boring" map, I'll tell you, my first maps looked pretty much exact the same as yours when i first started and as soon as i started using RAW, Game changer!
Another thing is learn by others and after you've become good enough do your thing. Everyone has their own kind of "style" with maps they make, thats why an experienced mapper can look at pictures of maps and tell who made it without even looking at the name.
Study others work!, and learn from them and learn the basics and "LAWS" of mapping and then go exploring with your own style.
and what i mean with "Law of mapping" kind of thing, is that it must be somewhat realistic and has some logic for it to look as good as it can. and well, for me both yes and no, Others might disagree with me, its personal preference.
when i map, i still kind of want some sense behind it, but i have no problem liking others work that goes all bananas if it actually looks dope.

anyway, I would love to see you post more, and follow your progression.
Also remember, stay humble even when you get to the top level, remember you started somewhere aswell, and your work, reminded me of that.
You got me inspired, hope i can inspire you.
If you need any help with technical, ideas and tips and tricks, You can always ask on the forum or in a PM.

Thanks a lot for the words Andreew, we've talked a bit in PM hehe.

So guys, after knowing about the RAW session, I've started the journey to improve it. There are a lot of things to learn, there are many sprites there to search o_O
Anyway, that's what I made today:

[2.1] The first image is a brief idea of what I intend to create here in RME.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-15 at 13.26.49.jpeg

[2.2] The Bank of Sahir. Way better than before, not gonna lie (also, I've made new shops, as you can see).

screenshot_2020-08-15-19-38-58.pngscreenshot_2020-08-15-0-34-19.png

[2.3] A bridge to the other side of Jade River.

screenshot_2020-08-15-19-37-20.pngscreenshot_2020-08-15-19-37-47.png

Post automatically merged:

[2.4] The troll camp. It's in the northeast of Sahir, probably it gonna have a quest there. It's still not completely made, but it's getting good, I think.

screenshot_2020-08-15-19-46-36.pngscreenshot_2020-08-15-19-46-42.png

I have just one question guys, do you guys make your maps 100% raw only or make stuffs like river, grass using autoborder on?
Thanks!! Hope to see you in the next chapter.

Your drawing on paper reminds me a lot of what I used to do when I first started getting into OTs...
I think your on the right path :) good luck on your server!

Pz8unPz8unCT9nfmQunVT8NPw.png

For example, 100% raw

Your drawing on paper reminds me a lot of what I used to do when I first started getting into OTs...
I think your on the right path :) good luck on your server!
Thanks a lot buddy! Hope to improve more and more... Just practice, hehe.

For example, 100% raw
Amazing view!! Yeah, while I was working with RAW here I saw the difference in the detail amount you can make in the game.

[3.1] Alright guys, today I've finished my first hunt ever, the "so famous" trolls. Like the Old John would say (The Bartender NPC in my city): "Filthy trolls"

screenshot_2020-08-16-19-52-51.pngscreenshot_2020-08-16-19-50-58.pngscreenshot_2020-08-16-19-52-23.png

screenshot_2020-08-16-19-51-11.pngscreenshot_2020-08-16-19-51-14.png

screenshot_2020-08-16-19-50-52.pngscreenshot_2020-08-16-19-52-34.png

I made a quest there and put a NPC from another dimension up there. Maybe a gemmed book/golden mug buyer, hehe.

[3.2] I also have made a little bar in the city but I think it's pretty ugly lol, don't know how to improve it. Maybe change the roof?

screenshot_2020-08-16-20-6-8.pngscreenshot_2020-08-16-20-6-14.png

[3.3] I've made almost all NPCs here in Sahir, it's getting pretty neat, hehe.

That's it for now, guys!! Hope to see you in the next chapter!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! That's a quick post showing some things I've changed/made while working here:

[4.1] I've made some changes in the Tavern and inside the Troll dungeon. Now it looks way better, I made some new houses and about the cave, there are more monsters inside it now.

screenshot_2020-08-16-20-48-22.pngscreenshot_2020-08-20-14-1-28.pngscreenshot_2020-08-20-14-1-19.png

screenshot_2020-08-20-13-59-22.png

[4.2] I've started the creation of Jahad, a village destroyed by the Orcs of the South. I've made a Speedmapping video if anyone likes it. It's still incomplete, but I made a good progress so far.

screenshot_2020-08-20-13-57-1.png

That's it for now. Thanks for reading/watching 😁

Hello everyone! That's a quick post showing some things I've changed/made while working here:

[4.1] I've made some changes in the Tavern and inside the Troll dungeon. Now it looks way better, I made some new houses and about the cave, there are more monsters inside it now.

View attachment 48981View attachment 48984View attachment 48983

View attachment 48982

[4.2] I've started the creation of Jahad, a village destroyed by the Orcs of the South. I've made a Speedmapping video if anyone likes it. It's still incomplete, but I made a good progress so far.

View attachment 48985

That's it for now. Thanks for reading/watching 😁
Vid 2 when o0 Im hyped to seeee

Vid 2 when o0 Im hyped to seeee
There we go buddy, haha!

Sorry for the long wait, everyone. These weeks I'm studying like crazy here, almost 12 hours a day until november (for a really important test I'm gonna make). Finally, I had a break on my schedule, so I could finish the village of Jahad.

[5.1]"Jahad was a small village of the Crestfall Empire, close to the Jade River, the natural division between the human lands and the elves.
Unfortunately, they've been attacked by Orcs, and you were there when they rushed to the village (Fortunately, someone rescued you and brang to Sahir). Until now, they don't know from where they came from. Maybe you can help us finding the solution for this problem, adventurer?"

screenshot_2020-09-6-21-39-0.png

[5.2] "The Royal Forces have built a defense close to the entrance of Sahir. Hope it will block the orc advance..."

screenshot_2020-08-25-22-25-20.pngscreenshot_2020-09-7-6-23-56.pngscreenshot_2020-09-7-6-25-37.png

Thanks, everyone! See you in the next chapter!!​

Last edited:
Its cool that you record while you map and share it but i dont really care for you style. Big city roads in in a city with that few houses just looks wrong, bushes and tree can clamped togheter instead of x-----x-----x----x It cam be alot more like xx--xxx--x-xxxx
The houses are fine, but the one with the ladder in side you should use another "Ladder" ground otherwise it will be black hole.
The road itself looks random but using that type should be more consistens.

Anyway keep up the good work and keep learning :)

There we go buddy, haha!

Sorry for the long wait, everyone. These weeks I'm studying like crazy here, almost 12 hours a day until november (for a really important test I'm gonna make). Finally, I had a break on my schedule, so I could finish the village of Jahad.

[5.1]"Jahad was a small village of the Crestfall Empire, close to the Jade River, the natural division between the human lands and the elves.
Unfortunately, they've been attacked by Orcs, and you were there when they rushed to the village (Fortunately, someone rescued you and brang to Sahir). Until now, they don't know from where they came from. Maybe you can help us finding the solution for this problem, adventurer?"

View attachment 49589

[5.2] "The Royal Forces have built a defense close to the entrance of Sahir. Hope it will block the orc advance..."

View attachment 49588View attachment 49590View attachment 49591

Thanks, everyone! See you in the next chapter!!​
Finally 😍

Hey guys!! We're back with another episode!!
Before we start, just gonna tell about what happened here one day.

I've literally worked 3 hours, made the entire ambient in the east, made some dungeons and... forget to save :/
But the problem is not that, the problem is when my RME crashed haha. Then I got so pissed and started to save every 3 minutes. Is there a way to auto-save the files??

Anyway, lets start!!

[6] This day, I've worked in some new caves in the server. I'd made the nature too, but I lost a high amount because my RME crashed. After the incident. I could still manage to do these things:

[6.1] The nature on the road to the Troll camp. I've made the trees close to each other, added stones, grass, etc. Now it seems we really are in a forest.
screenshot_2020-09-10-23-12-16.png

[6.2] A bat cave. Good for imbuiment, and a little secret there, hehe.
screenshot_2020-09-10-23-7-42.pngscreenshot_2020-09-10-23-7-48.png

[6.3] A sewer under Jahad. It would be nice to have something under the city, so I made that with weak mobs if players need it.
screenshot_2020-09-10-23-7-30.pngscreenshot_2020-09-10-23-7-2.png

That's it for today, everyone. Any suggestions, just comment below (I read everything :))
See you in the next chapter!!

BONUS: I've found today some old sprites I've made when I was young (6~8 years ago, maybe). I said I was new to the software but I made some stuffs here, but didn't remember them at all lol.
Here are the maps I've found.

[BONUS]

3PcpqEs.pngQG0aq6r.pngu72j34g.pngmCEROBi.pngOdIYx0c.png

[BONUS]

wUPowzV.pngDtE9C0F.pngifP9Ogo.pngNRGgjSu.pngship3.png

[BONUS]

jeXpLS7.pngDXIF3Qx.pngcme43eM.pngjQIMIxL.pngMTrjRWR.png

Hello again, everyone!! We're back to a new episode!!
Before that, I wanna say I'm interested in creating two starter cities here in this server: one is Sahir, like we're doing now, and the Nomad Realm, like the map you can see the continent in Chapter [2.1]. I thought about an idea where Dwarves were the rulers of the location, but long time ago, after the fall of the first King, they've entered in a Civil War, Breaking the continent in pieces, turning on the "Nomad Realm", ruled by no-one. But I'm not sure if this idea is good, so if you have some ideas an want to share (even about the other nations, like the Reign of Kirin, the Pirate Lands ) please write below :D

Alright, let's go to this Review I made:

[7.1] There's a new location where the players are going to start now. There, the players can choose go to the warm lands of the CRESTFALL EMPIRE, or adventure themselves in the broken NOMAD REALM.

Photo 1.jpg
[7.2] I've made almost 100% of the NPC I intended to create in Sahir. Now remains just the ones of quests, yet I still need to learn how to create them.

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg
Photo 4.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

That's it for now, guys, thanks for reading it. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. See you agains in the next one :)
Bye!!

It's looking good, keep going. The map is getting better, although streets seems too wide campared to number of houses and a size of a town in generall as someone above already pointed. I'll follow the thread for sure ;)

It's looking good, keep going. The map is getting better, although streets seems too wide campared to number of houses and a size of a town in generall as someone above already pointed. I'll follow the thread for sure ;)
Thanks man! I've fixed the path there, it's true that makes no sense having a big path there, so I made this conventional one, what do you guys think?

[8.1] Some changes in the visual of the road from Jahad to Sahir.

screenshot_2020-09-13-13-40-22.png & screenshot_2020-09-13-13-44-43.png

[8.2] And today I made another bank, in an upcoming city I'm gonna build (the capital city of the Crestfall Empire). It was a nice experience doing with stuffs you can only find in RAW (a bit painful to find them all, LOL).
Also I've made a video building it, if you like.

screenshot_2020-09-13-12-11-24.pngscreenshot_2020-09-13-13-48-48.png

And That's it for today. I hope to see you in the next week. Good bye :)

Good evening, everyone!!

Today I'm bringing new updates I made this week. After this post, I'm gonna take a break of two weeks. This is because I'm going to do some tests, so I'm gonna focus on them... After finish, I'm gonna be back doing my maps, hehe.
Alright, let's start!!​

[9.1] Some new pictures of Crestfall.

Crestfall1.png

Crestfall2.png

Crestfall3.png

Crestfall5.png

Crestfall 4.png

Crestfall6.png
[9.2] Just to show the in-game of Sahir with the stone path.

Sahir.png

[9.3] The World Map. I've stretched it a little bit for now, and if I need to put more content I'm gonna create more stuff on islands. Gonna focus on Crestfall Empire first, then in the Nomad Realm and the Desert of Karos.

WorldMap.pngWorldMap2.pngWorldMap3.png

With that, I leave you for 2 weeks. I hope you enjoyed the work so far :)
See you again soon... Bye!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!! I had a little time this week lol but I've made some stuffs here.
First of all, I want to thank some creators here: Andreew, Sajgon, Caesar, Slec, Cwiras, Neon, Blackstone and Xario.

They've made some maps and distributed time ago. I got some of them and gonna implement some parts to our continent. Also it gonna be great to see how other artists made their own maps. Thanks, everyone :)

Alright, let's start with the new stuff.

[10.01] Some improvements were made in Crestfall. Some houses were built, and I made the first Guildhall. Also we have a nice-looking bar and some shops.

Crestfall minimap.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-11-59-45.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-11-59-53.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-0.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-3.png

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-10.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-13.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-17.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-32.pngscreenshot_2020-09-24-12-0-35.png

[10.02] I'm gonna show some of the parts I've imported to this world. Thanks to all mappers I've mentioned before!!

a. City of Babel;

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-14-8.png

b. City of Jotunheim (I'm gonna put it inside a mountain and adjust it later);

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-12-15.png

c. City of Edinburgh

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-12-57.png

d. Orc Fortress I (It gonna be great there lol)

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-12-37.png

e. Little Mountain (I'm gonna use this style of cavy rock/mountain rock later, hehe)

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-14-36.png

f. Pirate Island

screenshot_2020-09-24-12-13-19.png

Alright, that's it for today!! I hope to see you again later. Good bye :D

Last edited:
Hello again, everyone! Today it gonna be super quick because I'm having little time this week, but I still made these three stuff, and I hope you like it.

[11.01] Crestfall Palace - The prince is gonna be on the throne, not the true king, because of the lore (and ongoing quest)

screenshot_2020-10-1-7-52-23.png

screenshot_2020-10-1-7-52-35.png

[11.02] Crestfall Blacksmith - I'm gonna make these places as guilds for each class. This one is for Knight (and to get Knight Addon)

screenshot_2020-10-1-7-52-46.png

[11.03] Crestfall Church - This one is for Paladin.

screenshot_2020-10-1-7-51-54.png

Alright guys, that's it for today. Hope to see you later. Good bye!!

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-10-1-7-51-58.png
    screenshot_2020-10-1-7-51-58.png
    443.1 KB · Views: 2 · VirusTotal
Back