• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua The NPC's I make with this script are answering all at the same time?

dejame

Reaction score
Greetings Otland!

If someone has a little time to expend on me, I need some help with this script :huh: :

Code:
focus = 0
 talk_start = 0
 target = 0
 following = false
 attacking = false

function onThingMove(creature, thing, oldpos, oldstackpos)

end

function onCreatureAppear(creature)

end

function onCreatureDisappear(cid, pos)
 if focus == cid then
 selfSay('Bye.')
 focus = 0
 talk_start = 0
 end
 end

function onCreatureTurn(creature)

end

function msgcontains(txt, str)
 return (string.find(txt, str) and not string.find(txt, '(%w+)' .. str) and not string.find(txt, str .. '(%w+)'))
 end

function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)
 msg = string.lower(msg)

if (msgcontains(msg, 'hi') and (focus == 0)) and getDistanceToCreature(cid) < 3 then
 selfSay('Hello, Would you like to obtain your Vampire Tokens for 300k?')
 focus = cid 
talk_start = os.clock()

elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'yes') ) then
 if getPlayerItemCount(cid,2152) < 30 and getPlayerItemCount(cid,2160) < 1 then
 selfSay('Sorry, but you dont have enough money.')
 focus = 0
 talk_start = 0 

else
 doPlayerAddItem(cid, 9020, 10)
 doPlayerRemoveMoney(cid, 300000)
 talk_start = os.clock()
 end

elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'hi') and (focus ~= cid) and getDistanceToCreature(cid) < 3) then
 selfSay('Excuse me, Im busy with someone at this moment.')

elseif (msgcontains(msg, 'bye') and focus == cid and getDistanceToCreature(cid) < 3) then
 selfSay('Alright, Hope to see you around here again.')
 focus = 0
 talk_start = 0
 end
 end

function onCreatureChangeOutfit(creature)
 end

function onThink()
 if (os.clock() - talk_start) > 30 then
 if focus > 0 then
 selfSay('I have no time!')
 end
 focus = 0
 end
 end

I really need an editable NPC script for my server because I could make a conversation with a player, add item, remove money/item, teleport, etc.
But this one has a problem, If there are 2 or more NPC's in range with this script, when I say "hi" the NPC's answer me at the same time, even if I'm not close enough to them.

For example, I have one NPC to teleport you and another NPC to give you an item, then when you say "hi, yes" to one of them, they answer both and therefore Teleporting you and giving you the item.

This is my first time working with NPC's, I try but I can't seem to be able to repair it myself :'d

Last edited:
I don't know much about NPC.lua because I don't have any script to use as an example, I guess I'll look for something about that tomorrow xd

Back