• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The server turns itself off

Dorianek

Reaction score
if the message at server startup has been executed as root user, please consider running it as a normal user. can it cause the server to turn itself off after about 5-6 hours? because at night I run 23 PM. / morning in the morning 6-7AM the server is off I do not know where to look for reasons will someone advise? tfs 1.3 hardware is a dedicated rl map 24gb framework

And are you pointing me where this log is located? because at /var/ log / I do not have the log you wrote me

Man.. as i said on pm, show us console screen, what you see after that crash/shutdown. When engine going offline or crash happen linux screen still is online, so just enter putty, type 'screen -r' and show what you see there. Segmentation fault = crash, Shutdown done - shutdown. Is it really that hard to enter screen and look last engine console message?

launch your server with such command
ulimit -c unlimited && screen -LS srv ./server_binary

then after crash do gdb server_binary core preferably followed by bt and show us the results.
Additionally you can attach the screenlog.0 file that will be generated afterwards.

Last edited:
someone will explain to me how to enter correctly

gdb server_binary core or bt ? an example?
untitled-jpg.37074
yy? You closed screen as you can see on your own ss.
backtrace is gdb function, so you call this after enter gdb.

Log
ScreenLog.0

Otservlist.org
Last online server : June 19, 2019, 5:54 am CET

Saved house items in: 0.375 s
Saving server...
Saved house items in: 0.299 s
Shutting down...Saving server...
Saved house items in: 0.358 s
done!

Autosave

C++:
local shutdownAtServerSave = false
local cleanMapAtServerSave = false

local function serverSave()
    if shutdownAtServerSave then
        Game.setGameState(GAME_STATE_SHUTDOWN)
    else
        Game.setGameState(GAME_STATE_CLOSED)

if cleanMapAtServerSave then
            cleanMap()
        end

Game.setGameState(GAME_STATE_NORMAL)
    end
end

local function secondServerSaveWarning()
    broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in one minute.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)
    addEvent(serverSave, 60000)
end

local function firstServerSaveWarning()
    broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in 3 minutes.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)
    addEvent(secondServerSaveWarning, 120000)
end

function onThink(interval, lastExecution)

broadcastMessage("Server is saving game in 5 minutes.", MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING)
    Game.setGameState(GAME_STATE_STARTUP)
    addEvent(firstServerSaveWarning, 120000)
    return not shutdownAtServerSave
end

Last edited:
Back