• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The stairs...

Baron

Reaction score
I've made a little mountain and on it is a house where you will spawn etc, but the stairs won't work if you wanna go down, but if you wanna go up they work.
Someone got a good idea?

I believe that this may be in the wrong section. I've notified a moderator.

As to your issue at hand, mind you I haven't mapped in probably 5 years, but are you forgetting the ground for the stair to go down. If I remember correctly its a yellow sprite that goes on the same x, y coordinate, but +1 y coordinate.

n1PvSv5.png

The invisible stairs is id 459, you have to place it like Peroxide showed on the picture.
You can find it in Terrain Palette -> Stairs (fourth), or press J on your keybord to look for the id.
The mountain stairs in Terrain Palette -> Nature adds this automatic, so if you forgot the id or where it is, you can also click select raw on the invisible stairs.

You are using modified spr? Are you using the same files in client and map editor? Can you see that wooden ground on map editor too?
In editor i see only yellow square not the tile. Yes im using modified spr but i use the default one just added new sprites at the end.

In editor i see only yellow square not the tile. Yes im using modified spr but i use the default one just added new sprites at the end.

Double check your files just incase you messed up something and I'd recommend that you use the same files in both your server and map editor to avoid issues.

Ok so i took items.otb and xml from servers to map editor. Spr loading from the client directory. I can see ID 459 in RAW palette like stairs. However after placing it on the map i see only orange transparent tile.
1683637101418.png
But in game i see it normally like sprite from the palette.
1683637144525.png

But in ItemEditor i dont see the sprite under ID 459. EDIT***:"i change client id .otb for 459 ID that's why it has no sprite here. But the default one that i tried aswell is showing the sprite at 459. Same sprite as 460
1683707647314.png

Weird im using TFS 1.5 Nekiro's downgrade with default .otb

Attachments

Last edited:
Back