• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The UFC-chat

Are there are training clubs or w/e for this kind of fighting in Sweden?
I'm a bit interested

I don't mean the club as weapon, I mean like a place were you can go and train/fight..

I wouldn't recommend just entering the actual "Mixed Martial Arts"...I mean, I'd start with boxing, or kickboxing a year or two.

So you have a good base to start with.
(just my opinion)

I wouldn't recommend just entering the actual "Mixed Martial Arts"...I mean, I'd start with boxing, or kickboxing a year or two.

(just my opinion)
Agree.
And after Ji-Jutsi(????) :)

Agree.
And after Ji-Jutsi(????) :)

Ye wow, the unbelievably most boring kind of sport I've ever experienced, maybe a year and you're good at it, then you're too bored ! So you HAVE TO start MMA instead, haha :p
Nah but seriously, it's a good workout and all, but it isn't meant for everyone.

I trained boxing for like a year and a half, top of the class...wihu, hard when it's only a bunch of 11 year old fat kids that doesn't keep up :/ so I left that, cuz...it wasn't really serious.

I get twice as good of a workout at my gym than that boxing shit.

Boxing:
*Run 10min around the ring (warm up)
*Do 15x4 Push ups
*Do normal sit ups
*Jump rope for 10min
*Hit the bag for like 10min
*10 min of technique

My own training:
*I train 6 times a week, 2 hours atleast, max 3½ if I decide to do some condition too (breast,triceps,biceps,legs,caps,abs,shoulders,trapz,back)
*I run 2 times a week (either a mile in the woods, or I jump rope at home for 30min)
*I have my own punching bag at home to practice my technique and feet work

Hmm...which workout will I achieve most condition and fitness with?

I did just started to train. I'm going to ask you - pro?! What should I train first? And how much..
I've trained for a week without schdule.

I did just started to train. I'm going to ask you - pro?! What should I train first? And how much..
I've trained for a week without schdule.

Oh well...first things first :p

1. You need to know EXACTLY what all exercises are named and how to execute them !
(you're swe...so follow this)
http://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31071

Just for the record, kolozzeum.com is the best training site, just register and you can ask for advice about almost anything. There's plenty of people there that have trained for over 20 years, so they know their stuff :D

2. You need to know how many days a week you can train,

3-slit is hard, but doable.
4-slit is great, if you don't want 2 workouts for chest, I usually go chest & triceps, (monday) very easy, I pump like 5-8 reps, and on the thursday, without resting that day instead, I go to the gym and go raw heavy in the bench, 1 or 2 rep.

So 3 split could look like this:
Monday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps (abs)
Tuesday - FREE
Wednesday - Legs/Caps (alternative:abs)
Thursday - FREE
Friday - Back/Biceps (abs)
Saturday - FREE
Sunday - FREE

3-slit = 3 days of workout. But I don't like that kind of schedule, I go with my 5-slit.

Monday - Chest(light - high reps)/Triceps (abs - light)
Tuesday - Shoulders/Trapz (abs - hard)
Wednesday - Legs/Caps (alternative:abs)
Thursday - Chest(heavy - low reps) (abs - hard)
Friday - Back/Biceps (abs - light)
Saturday - FREE
Sunday - FREE

Actually, best is to start with MMA straight. The reason why most UFC fighters started with other things like kick boxing, muay thai etc is becouse MMA is a new born sport. The younger generation will be even better at MMA since they can start train MMA from the beginning. Ofcourse its good if you trained something else before but if you trained MMA instead of the other thing you would be better.

If you're new to MMA, you should mostly train standing technique and much grappling. Then you start with technique with strenght. Also you need to have very very good condition and endurance, you need a lot of sparring in order to harden yourself.

My training is 2 special trainers for 4 people, so we got 1 trainer for each 2 people. We train mondays and wednesdays 07:00 AM in the morning, and saturday 15:00 PM and sunday 19:00 PM
Also we go to the gym couple of days each week.

(just my opinion)
I get what you mean but thats mainly a plus :p
Anyways,I'm going to checkout the boxing club here and see if I'll start with it.

Back