• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TheImaginedServer & TheImaginedClient (custom TFS and Client) - Updated 1/16/2015

Get all Monsters by name: Would it be possible to create a lua function grabbing all monsters and optionally filtering them autmaticly by name, like this?
Lua:
-- somewhere in a function
local monsters = getMonsters() --returns a table of every living monsters
local demons = getMonsters("Demon") --returns a table of every living demon
local dragons = getMonsters("Dragon, Dragon Lord") --returns a table of every living dragon/dragon lord
Something like this?

Oooh and maybe something like additional combat stats as:
Damage percent: both magic (can be divided in all magic types (fire,ice etc..)) and physical damage
Dodge chance: a chance to dodge an attack
Block chance: a chance to block an attack
Block value: the amount you block for
Crit chance: (already exists somewhat but I'd like to see additional functions with it)
Crit damage: the damage you crit for
Damage reduction percent: Reduces damage by a %.
Damage reduction: Reduces damage by a flat amount.

These stats should then be addable to items like any other stat in items.xml and maybe monsters should also be able to have these, and ofcourse changable by lua functions.

getMonsters(NAME) would be very easy to make. Truthfully I could make it in LUA but I'll make it in the sources.

as for the additional combat stats...
I will add in Dodge. This will be configurable in vocations.xml, items.xml, and you can set values per player under getPlayerStorage(cid, "dodge")
I have added a new section in the Thread Topic for "Combat Modes" that will be configurable in the config.lua

I also will add all damage reductions to player storage values. Ex: getPlayerStorage(cid, "firepercent") getPlayerStorage(cid, "firevalue")
Crit Chance//Value/Percent will also be added to storage values and configurable in vocations.xml, items.xml, and config.lua Ex: getPlayerStorage(cid, "critchance") getPlayerStorage(cid, "critpercent") getPlayerStorage(cid, "critvalue")
Both of the above changes are so you can easily customize items, players, vocations, or the entire server in which ever way you want with any value you want.

I have edited the main topic with these features.

I disbanded all my current projects to work on this new version of TFS (I probably won't work on them again)
With this new TFS I will be able to do WAY better things with my servers, so i've been designing plans for a new server.

Current Projects I am working on:
New Species RPG (This is going to be incredible)
Raisa's Server (I love how her mind thinks up new ideas)

I play all my own servers, because if I don't have fun on them, I know you guys won't.
I am actually excited about BOTH of these servers.

What is the IP for the new Species RPG?! Also, whats the story on the old species war server? That server had so much potential... it still resides in my top 3...

What is the IP for the new Species RPG?! Also, whats the story on the old species war server? That server had so much potential... it still resides in my top 3...

For now, the only server I have up and running is a Concept server.
Basically it is a small town, with 1 house, 1 depot, 1 shop, and a temple for testing purposes. the gate exit to the town has a guard, and outside we have a small variety of hunting areas with different monsters (to test the different AI)

Once we have the concept server looking good enough, we will release a bigger public version you guys can run around on and see our progress.

getMonsters(NAME) would be very easy to make. Truthfully I could make it in LUA but I'll make it in the sources.

I will add in Dodge. This will be configurable in vocations.xml, items.xml, and you can set values per player under getPlayerStorage(cid, "dodge")
I have added a new section in the Thread Topic for "Combat Modes" that will be configurable in the config.lua

I also will add all damage reductions to player storage values. Ex: getPlayerStorage(cid, "firepercent") getPlayerStorage(cid, "firevalue")
Crit Chance//Value/Percent will also be added to storage values and configurable in vocations.xml, items.xml, and config.lua Ex: getPlayerStorage(cid, "critchance") getPlayerStorage(cid, "critpercent") getPlayerStorage(cid, "critvalue")
Both of the above changes are so you can easily customize items, players, vocations, or the entire server in which ever way you want with any value you want.

Imo damage reductions should be stored in player class, and be accessed by a lua function or a lua player object.

Would it also be possible to create a creatureevent of when you dodge, crit or block?

I will release a readme with a changelog, along with instructions on how to configure and use all the new features when I am ready to release.

To me, Instances is very Anti-Tibia and Anti-MMO personally I would never add this system into my version of TFS.

Who cares if it's "Anti-Tibia"? I thought the point of this thread was to come up with new and fresh things for tibia which instances would be. Btw, isn't the new fury gates in tibia pretty much instances?

Also some cool things you could add is:
cooldown reduction on items, for example exori mort is 2 seconds cooldown normally, but if you wear a 25% cd reduction item it would be 1.75 sec.
items that improve how much mana/health you get from items+potions with a percentage.
items that give you mana/health after each mob you killed.
I know all of this is already possible with some easy lua scripts but it would be nice if all of these could be implemented as lua functions and item attributes.

Who cares if it's "Anti-Tibia"? I thought the point of this thread was to come up with new and fresh things for tibia which instances would be. Btw, isn't the new fury gates in tibia pretty much instances?

Also some cool things you could add is:
cooldown reduction on items, for example exori mort is 2 seconds cooldown normally, but if you wear a 25% cd reduction item it would be 1.75 sec.
items that improve how much mana/health you get from items+potions with a percentage.
items that give you mana/health after each mob you killed.
I know all of this is already possible with some easy lua scripts but it would be nice if all of these could be implemented as lua functions and item attributes.

Great Ideas:
I'm going to need to make a whole new section just for new Conditions:
Cooldown Reduction, Damage Multiplier (can be changed by damage-type including healing).
Both will have Percent or base Value options so you can do either 25% or 500ms cooldown reduction.
Or +20% healing or +100.

Also, I created a new thread to discuss Instances. So no more talking about it here please:
Should Instances be in Tibia?

Last edited:
Update:
We are taking a break from coding TFS to create what I call a "Concept Server".

This server will be run just like any other OT Server, the difference is there will be little to no progression (we will not be adding MORE content, only different content).
This server will show off what you can do with TFS.

Current Features:
Lively Town
: NPC's walk around, talk to you and each other, they can be attacked and killed, guards will defend the town and are effective at their job (against both players and monsters)
Player Houses: Houses are no longer Protection Zones, You will be able to have Player-Owned items (such as chests) that other players cannot use or move without permission.
Day/Night Cycles Matter: During the day the town is lively and NPCs walk around, at night the NPCs return home (or log off). Different creatures will also appear at night and some can only be encountered during sunrise or sunset.
Monsters
Delayed Death: Before you die you will become Incapacitated for a 60 seconds. You can choose to die and respawn at the temple, or wait and see if another player will come resurrect you.
Monster Randomization: Each monster (of the same type) will have multiple randomized features based on levels. A level 1 orc may be normal. but a level 5 orc might know whirlwind throw, have extra damage and health, and slightly faster movement speed.
Monster View Range: Monsters will have a longer View Range where they can "notice" you from off screen.
Player Threat Level: Players will have a Threat Level that monsters will recognize. This will determine which player a monster attacks first, or if a monster attacks at all.
Monster Aggro: Monsters will keep track of players damage, healing, movement, level, speed, range, and more to determine who they target or if they need to switch targets to a different player.

What do you think of these features? Will you play the concept server and give feedback? Any other features you would like to see?

It seems really good but.. Could you tell me where I can find a source code or scripts that you wrote?

I will be releasing it once it is "ready"

I don't feel comfortable releasing it right now since it isn't complete and has a few issues.

Nice features, but easy to implement it. How about really "hard", professional tasks?
I am have a idea for that distro.
Tibia have a some large ship sprites, not boats. So, how about conversion Ultima Online: High Seas feature - Galleons?:)
Features TODO (server code mods req. for that):
Player can control ship by comands.
Player can walk, when ship moving
Ship can moving, player can store items on that. Player can set acess for ship (as House control system).
I am wanna travelling on that ship in seas! Combat vs another ships by using my ship-weapons. Are you?
g0mJjEw.jpg

Original idea from UO:

Nice features, but easy to implement it. How about really "hard", professional tasks?
I am have a idea for that distro.
Tibia have a some large ship sprites, not boats. So, how about conversion Ultima Online: High Seas feature - Galleons?:)
Features TODO (server code mods req. for that):
Player can control ship by comands.
Player can walk, when ship moving
Ship can moving, player can store items on that. Player can set acess for ship (as House control system).
I am wanna travelling on that ship in seas! Combat vs another ships by using my ship-weapons. Are you?
g0mJjEw.jpg

Original idea from UO:

OH! I really like this idea.

The whole ship thing on Ultima is really fun.

We've actually tried this before (not thinking of Ultima though).. to make a boat move/sail... only problem was the massive amount of server lag.. weirdly enough, the people on the boat didn't notice(since they were moving, I guess), but other players in the game were basically frozen while the boat was moving.

That doesn't mean it is impossible, it just means the system needs scripted better.

It was done in lua

I think Ultima Online has a few other good ideas we could port as well

OH! I really like this idea.

The whole ship thing on Ultima is really fun.

We've actually tried this before (not thinking of Ultima though).. to make a boat move/sail... only problem was the massive amount of server lag.. weirdly enough, the people on the boat didn't notice(since they were moving, I guess), but other players in the game were basically frozen while the boat was moving.

That doesn't mean it is impossible, it just means the system needs scripted better.

It was done in lua

I think Ultima Online has a few other good ideas we could port as well

There is no other way to make boats work on tibia.
The map is tile based, To make boats move you have to transform tiles, transforming hundreds of tiles for just 1 boat is a huge task, plus relocating all items on the boat, plus it would be impossible to walk while the boat was moving because it would be teleporting you with the boat.

We have explored this and it is impossible on tibia, sorry.

So, i know the way how to reliase it, on server - client side. There really lots amount of work (but that possible without laggs).
One of Way.
No need make a over9000 tiles. and replace them. We should declare of new type of objects. (Object, not a Tile!). So primary params for object:
From Tile - walkable, and etc. Support a cluster-tiles. So, here need function, for lua_table (tileset base) and for server it should have association as ONE tile. And server move a one object (not a over9000 tile-object), and tiles - only for client-side draw them, as 3D Matrix... Yeah, that is no-simple way, but technically - that is great feature.

There is no other way to make boats work on tibia.
We have explored this and it is impossible on tibia, sorry.

How about - That system to 50% released on Ellestia Kingdoms server? :)

Last edited:
So, i know the way how to reliase it, on server - client side. There really lots amount of work (but that possible without laggs).
One of Way.
No need make a over9000 tiles. and replace them. We should declare of new type of objects. (Object, not a Tile!). So primary params for object:
From Tile - walkable, and etc. Support a cluster-tiles. So, here need function, for lua_table (tileset base) and for server it should have association as ONE tile. And server move a one object (not a over9000 tile-object), and tiles - only for client-side draw them, as 3D Matrix... Yeah, that is no-simple way, but technically - that is great feature.

How about - That system to 50% released on Ellestia Kingdoms server? :)

Pretty sure this isn't capable on the normal tibia client. And if it is, and you know how to do it, you must know WAY more than I do about coding.

Pretty sure this isn't capable on the normal tibia client. And if it is, and you know how to do it, you must know WAY more than I do about coding.
10 years of expirience (commercial software), Lead programmer in some gamedev company. =) But very lazzy... :D:D:D

So, agree - that is not possible for default Tibia client. That req. client sided modifications too. Hmmm... great feature, but... non for default clients.

Hmm, how about another feature for you server? Build you own house like in Ultima Online. As i remember, Mock do that once here, but system uncomplete. But wait tell about - "man, that is lua code!" That idea should be like in UO. With place houses not in special zones... Place it on map, where we have a free place. And with chests (for player items) acess and etc. Maybe it nice addon for future modification you house system? (It should be saved on server down, and store items, etc etc etc. as Classic Tibia house, but custom, and placed by player in any free map place, where player whants to see him house)

add: some function used in lua script for create\remove house zone, when that house placed?

Back