• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

This Error

amr shalapy

Banned User
Reaction score
i want fix this error i tried to fix it but didn't work
Code:
[20:40:35.420] > Loading creaturescripts... [Error - CreatureEvent::configureEvent] No valid type for creature event: joinchannel.
[20:40:35.420] [Warning - BaseEvents::loadFromXml] Cannot configure an event
[20:40:35.421] [Error - CreatureEvent::configureEvent] No valid type for creature event: receivemail.
[20:40:35.422] [Warning - BaseEvents::loadFromXml] Cannot configure an event
[20:40:35.456] done.
take a look on talkactions
Code:
<event type="joinchannel" name="GuildMotd" event="script" value="guildmotd.lua"/>
    <event type="receivemail" name="Mail" event="script" value="mail.lua"/>
and two scripts first guildmotd.lua
Code:
function onJoinChannel(cid, channelId, users)
    if(channelId == CHANNEL_GUILD) then
        local guildId = getPlayerGuildId(cid)
        if(guildId and guildId ~= 0) then
            local guildMotd = getGuildMotd(guildId)
            if(guildMotd and guildMotd ~= "") then
                addEvent(doPlayerSendChannelMessage, 150, cid, "", "Message of the Day: " .. guildMotd, TALKTYPE_CHANNEL_W, CHANNEL_GUILD)
            end
        end
    end

return true
end
and mail.lua
Code:
function onReceiveMail(cid, sender, item, openBox)
    if(openBox) then
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "New mail has arrived.")
    end

return true
end
iam using tfs 0.3.7_SVN

I guess you moved your old data to some new distro?
Go to your creatureevent.cpp file and search for a type you need. Should look like the one above, all lowercase in captions.
They might be registered differently.

I guess you moved your old data to some new distro?
Go to your creatureevent.cpp file and search for a type you need. Should look like the one above, all lowercase in captions.
They might be registered differently.
i got new distro :) and how to register different one xd?

I know this will sound really harsh, but you simply don't. Do not move your databack to incompatible distro. Why do I suggest this? Well, because if you can't read and analyze the error you encountered (and its self-explanatory really), then you will not go far with this. Even if you register the script to a new event, you will much likely face lots of other incompatibilities in your scripts that you will not be able to fix. This one comes up during loading, because it prevents to even load the script properly. But once any of these scripts get executed, you will probably see a wall of errors.

So, this is just a good advice, if you don't want to waste too much time.

Back