• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

This new project (needs of feedback/suggestions/inspiration)

Mjmackan

Mapper ~ Writer
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Whatsup! As some might know, I mean its not a secret. I have started up a new project from scratch based of the The Forgotten Server 1.3 pack.

In this thread I will mainly ask the community on Otland about Ideas, thoughts, perspectives on my project.

To clarify what my wishes of this server to have or be in short:
-Advanced vocations (All normal start classes will be there, when reaching a specific level a second class will appear by choice.)
-Pet system (similar to summons, they have their own attack, levels. They also "evolve" on several levels with the help of evolve-stones. Pets will be tradeable between players)
-Advanced fishing (Fishing will be available by fishing real monsters within the water, fish-type monsters will have their specific level and their difficult set by that.
-Quest zones (Quests will divided into individual zones, where finishing a zone will reward you with a boost to your character. All quests will have a daily reward and a standard quest reward.)
-Outfits, addons & mounts (All these will be divided into secrets, there will be a "outfit adventure" island as in GameFate where you gain majority of your outfits however.)
-Unique spells (Main part of tibia's classic spells will be kept, such as: utani hur, exura, exiva etc. However mainly attack damage spells will contain custom/unique spells.)
-Rates (Experience rates will be set "kind-of-low?", botting will be available but cavebot will not. The average level after a couple of days grinding will be around 300~)
-Dungeons (Making dungeons & fullfilling tasks aswell will be the main thing to progress your character further.)

To start out with one thing I feel stuck on is the basic construction of a quest room, I have tried several different building types but I cant for the world get something that is playable and satisfying to watch. Below you can see the latest edition.

This edition has no details, walking on the tile with green arrows will take you up a floor and red, will take you down a floor. Take into consideration, yet again that this has no details added and unfinished sprites even. The main focus is the building itself, how its constructed. I'm not sure on how to continue with it or if i even should continue with it, if you have any suggestions about literally anything I've said in this post, or maybe you got some inspiration etc don't hestitate.
wadya.png

Kind regards,
Mjmackan/wave and smile

BAAARDS AND CRAAABS
Post automatically merged:

BAAARDS AND CRAAABS
Go Go Go Running GIF

On a more serious note than crabs and bards xd
I would like to see a more interactive and stream lined enchanting system added to the server. I've been thinking about it and come up with a rough suggestion on how a system like this could work.
First of all have the enchantment be tied to a NPC. Secondly make the enchantments be 1 per pieces. This way you make you enchantment choice matter more than being have to put 3 of them on each piece. Would also love to see (not sure if this is possible) but make the enchantments be pieces specific, Like Chest armor only being able to have protection enchantments(-% death, holy, etc. or hp/mana) Books being able to have MP5 stats, etc. Would also like the see the system involving more than just money, and being more level based. So perhaps you'd need to farm certain items to get certain enchantment scrolls. I think this might be enchantments be more of an even playing field compared to just having it be money based.
To summarize make the enchant system more complex yet with a more even playing field.
(Hope all of this made sense if not... you know where to find me ;) )

On a more serious note than crabs and bards xd
I would like to see a more interactive and stream lined enchanting system added to the server. I've been thinking about it and come up with a rough suggestion on how a system like this could work.
First of all have the enchantment be tied to a NPC. Secondly make the enchantments be 1 per pieces. This way you make you enchantment choice matter more than being have to put 3 of them on each piece. Would also love to see (not sure if this is possible) but make the enchantments be pieces specific, Like Chest armor only being able to have protection enchantments(-% death, holy, etc. or hp/mana) Books being able to have MP5 stats, etc. Would also like the see the system involving more than just money, and being more level based. So perhaps you'd need to farm certain items to get certain enchantment scrolls. I think this might be enchantments be more of an even playing field compared to just having it be money based.
To summarize make the enchant system more complex yet with a more even playing field.
(Hope all of this made sense if not... you know where to find me ;) )
First of all, thanks af for responding.

I'm just looking on this in the moment i'm writing & reading this. Its very dull but my idea is pretty much as you specified, make the grinding a bit more interesting.
I'd like to see a combination of forcing people to farm creatures in order to upgrade their items aswell as some npc that sells something that within the combination of the two can upgrade your equipment. I really liked the upgrade part of GameFate, where you use an item on eq and keep your attributes but maybe make it a bit harder and involve farming creatures into it. Not just putting a grade upgrader in a quest and thats it, I was onto something when making several pieces and putting them into daily quests but I believe you can make it far more interesting than that.

This time I have decided that we will add way more attributes than those we used before, I don't want it to be too advanced or complex however, not just coding wise but for new players aswell. Something like adding "charm-parts", "grade upgrader-parts" & "equipment attribute-thingys" into the loot of mobs. Then make everything upgradeable with the process of you leveling up your character.

And.. sorry if this didn't have a good red-line through the text, imagination takes over a bit I feel, but it needs to.

Back