• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thunderia OT - Development Thread

Marshall_

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

The
map of my project has progressed quite well, and therefore I have decided to create this thread to share some other steps of the development of Thunderia. I will still post images of the map in the thread dedicated to the map, and this thread will focus on sharing features e.g.

I hope to receive input to what kind of RPG server you would like to see Thunderia become, some of my thoughts are that the server will offer the following:

• Low to medium experience stage, you'll reach level 100-150 in a week of effective playing,
  • A meta that gives valuable items, gold and runes (runes are expensive in shop to promote rune making),
  • As you discover new areas and spawns, you will be able to travel to them for a small fee (a modern teleport system),
  • No P2W features in the shop,
  • Only exlusive content, you will not be able to recognize the content of the server anywhere else

Developer post #1:
  • Configured VPS and compiled TFS:
DKUeDtd.png

Please note that this project is solely a hobby, and that I'm not an experienced OT developer in any way.

Yours,
Marshall.

Hi everyone!

The
map of my project has progressed quite well, and therefore I have decided to create this thread to share some other steps of the development of Thunderia. I will still post images of the map in the thread dedicated to the map, and this thread will focus on sharing features e.g.

I hope to receive input to what kind of RPG server you would like to see Thunderia become, some of my thoughts are that the server will offer the following:

• Low to medium experience stage, you'll reach level 100-150 in a week of effective playing,
  • A meta that gives valuable items, gold and runes (runes are expensive in shop to promote rune making),
  • As you discover new areas and spawns, you will be able to travel to them for a small fee (a modern teleport system),
  • No P2W features in the shop,
  • Only exlusive content, you will not be able to recognize the content of the server anywhere else

Developer post #1:
  • Configured VPS and compiled TFS:
DKUeDtd.png

Please note that this project is solely a hobby, and that I'm not an experienced OT developer in any way.

Yours,
Marshall.
Grats on a couple first big steps. Stick to it :)

Low to medium experience stage, you'll reach level 100-150 in a week of effective playing,

If you ask me I would make it faster to get higher level
peoples are lazy + its kinda boring if u need years for such a amount of level :D

good luck

If you ask me I would make it faster to get higher level
peoples are lazy + its kinda boring if u need years for such a amount of level :D

good luck
Well, I would say exactly the opposite - let people don't rush with level too much, because it mostly makes them miss a lot of content for lower/mid game.

Well, I would say exactly the opposite - let people don't rush with level too much, because it mostly makes them miss a lot of content for lower/mid game.
I totally agree. If people gets level easy, they miss A LOT of contents for lower and mid level + the hunts will be always literally the same, as people will rush fast and go to further game kinda easy. Not fun at all! I love custom maps with lower exp, the most important thing is to show to the players whats the essence of the server and what people can expect from it.

Interested in working on Thunderia with me? I intend to have the server online by the summer and hope to share the journey with someone. Send me a PM if you are interested!

Developer post #2:
  • Configured all houses and guildhalls on the map,
  • Created and implemented 5 NPCs for the city,
  • Received first draft of website (too early version to reveal),
  • Improved and created new areas on the map
1mJKVjf.png
Dj1mNbd.png

nMww97d.png
mCEAJ9Z.png

I need reinforcement in order to finish Thunderia and put it online, please send me a PM if you would be interested.

Back