• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 3d in Autodesk Maya

Ingens

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
If one were to create a game identical to tibia using the same items, spells and maps but all were created from scratch and obviously; under a different name. What would cipsoft be able to do against it?

Lets say that I had made a rookgard map in 3d, all the spawns and all the npcs, could cipsoft actually make a lawsuit?

I don't think they'd be able to do anything about the texturing etc, but perhaps NPC names and what the npc's say etc then yes.
I'm not 100% on copyright things.

If the map is copyrighted then yes.
And I believe the map is infact copyrighted, therefore you could get a lawsuit.

They cant sue if its all new 3d sprites. Since the aspects are completely different. They also can't sue on the map placement as long as it is different via 3d. Since all the textures will be different to create a 3d perspective then they cant start a case. However, if you copied the names/questline exactly then you could stand liable.

So if your question is "can i make tibia 3d legally" then the answer is no.

Put it this way, if you make a pokemon 3d game- do you think you will be sued? Yes.

Chipsoft wouldnt have any rights lol. Simply by putting in same names would totally give tham rights to fuck em up. but a 3d area is not compareable with a COMPLETE diffrent 3d area

Hi! Cipsoft don't give you any lawsuit, because it's your 100% game 3D, no no, if you are using own textures of course, you may name the game: Tibia 2, Tibia 3, Tibia 4, but never Tibia. I think idea is great. I named my game (ots) Unreal 2D, I use the opensource textures from Epic Games forum, and nobody know about lawsuit. Epic Games know about this game, because a lot of people use these tags like "Unreal". I have using also Alexander Brandon Soundtracks for my game, I have commited very large crime, I give on this forum gg number and my face in channel and they never fucked me. Cipsoft law is joke.

@quashinio you have error, badly I've seen it there, "Chipsoft"

i didnt.. really understand what you wanted to say but i agree (?) and well the owners of Metin 1 , 2 , 3 have nothing to do with each other. still same name addition of a number behind

Hmm, @up Company Nokia may caused lawsuit for company Nokia, but never for Nokja, or Nokia 2

My goal is to use the real map for a simple reason; I'd love to explore the real map in 3d in the same way, spells, and items that one use in the actuall game to make it to those hard areas.

So what I've understood from this thread I should not use the same npc names nor copy any textures. What about item names and spells? I suppose those should be different aswell. Doesn't matter much thought since you'll be able to know what they are just looking at them.

However, I still wonder about the creatures. I want them to look identical with the original names. It would be a loss if that had to be changed aswell. I want people to be able to recognize everything without a problem just by looking at it. Can I get some views on this matter? Many, of not all in this thread may aswell be wrong and don't know what they're actually talking about but if that is the case I'll just have to throw the project into the lake (so to say) if it actually comes to a lawsuit. It would have been a good experience even if it comes to that anyway.

Just make your work BASED on tibia but AVOIDING the strict copy of their ideas in quests lines and other stuff people mentioned here. I dont think there will be a law suit if you're doing a completely new concept of the game using the original as an inspiration. That's what I think.. Instead of doing the same tibia just take it to a whole new level... some people could appreciate leaving mainland for a new continent. (based on tibia)

Back