• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

~~~Tibia 3D~~~

Zasranets

Alan
Reaction score
I was looking at old school tibia war servers and I saw this video over to the side and I though it looked interesting so I decide to share and discus how awesome or unawesome this would be. Post what you think, and if you don't like it please dont post troll comments. (Btw this is not me, and nor did I make this)

[video=youtube;zmasph2-tVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmasph2-tVY[/video]

[video=youtube;Q1xr8PiRCgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1xr8PiRCgc&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
hmm sprites are still in 2d, you can see it on 2nd vid when camera is circuling around orc

Yeah they do, I like Tibia cause it is like it is. Got me? ;)

Tibia is changing for the worse every update as it is, changing it from 2D to 2D and a half? would be retarded lol. keep it the way it is in my opinion.

I never said it was a good or bad thing I just thought it was interesting, in my opinion I liked old school tibia the best, tibia now a days completely suck, mostly why I don't play much. But the reason it caught my attention was if you look at the comments in the video, ill just post what it said.

How to play in 3D?
(erbello 3 weeks ago)

@erbello You can't; CIP asked us to design this concept, then fucked us over and tried to hire other artists to create it.
Unfortunately, other artists don't know the game nor can figure out how to make an Oblique perspective become 3d as it is (technically) impossible.
Basically, they need me to make it, but they already fucked me over for it and don't have the balls to admit they realised that they really do need me, so this isn't going to happen.
ttoonnyy1 2 weeks ago

So pretty much if they never screwed him up this could of been real tibia in maybe a year or so, but now it prob won't.

The idea was that from a top-down orthographical (or simulated orthographical view for a changeable FOV), that it be indistinguishable from Tibia in 2D, which it is. The FOV could be something you can change while playing. The main reason was to be able to see further when higher up, make the view from tall towers or high cliffs to be worth it; since it's relatively soft on resources to render, there could, for example, be made a tower from which, at the top, you could see half to continent, yet still looking like 2D tibia. Could even be a possibility for a method of getting maps.
Not to worry though, it's definitely not happening; this was years ago, the time has come and gone. If they haven't finished it by now, then they failed at it by themselves if they even tried it.

I would try this out, and even try to play it a bit.

I hope someone atleast tries to do a 3d! Good Luck

Sincerely, Denix

Hi I am Robin Kari. I am from Pakistan. I really very happy to join this forum for disucssion. I found this forum very interesting and informative about discussed topics. I like it.

Back