• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 6.4 OT Server

neptuno

Solutions
Reaction score
First of all I would like to say that this is not Jopirop's TOSServer. Some months ago I started leaning C and I want it to be useful, so I decided to start a Tibia engine project in pure-C (not C# or C++ I mean C like the engine Cipsoft had at 6.4 times). I know people who played 6.4 back then, and I'm using them as a source to gather information about Tibia at that age. This is a server meant for people who played 6.4, not for 7.x lovers.

I know the nowadays uber rares were looted at a rate of 2 or 3 a day, and that no bosses existed, so demons, dragon lords and dragons were the most powerful monsters. If you could help me by naming every feature that you can remember you would help me to create a perfect copy of what Tibia was in 6.4 times. If you have videos/cams it would also be very useful.

Here are some resources:
Not everything is written down on Tibia Wiki but it's a good place to start. It has all the big changes (like when cities were added and major feature changes, as well as all dates/years for different updates). Tibia History is Taghor's website and he is one of the oldest oldskool players, who took upon himself to document the old times. For example he has a video where he walks around the entire map of Tibia in 2002 (6.4 came at the end of 2002). On Tibia.de, which was both the main forum as well as wiki back in the day you can find,among other things, a wiki of all items and some screenshots. Keep in mind that not all images and links will be stored but you can try to click yourself around and see what you find.

Last edited:
Another thing I remember hearing from old times is that back when the levitate spell was introduced (which I guess is in 6.4, the same update in which premium account was added) the interaction between floors worked differently. The thing I can put my finger on is that if someone blocked off the +1 floor with an object (like a chest) or a player, you could not use 3 parcels to get up there – but you could use the levitate spell.

I also believe that the 6.x client didn't allow you to organize your backpacks as in newer clients which meant that players often dropped uh runes on the floor to open another panel instead of the backpack. And back then there were no health bars, but you could see an indication in the battle list. It just said "healthy/barely wounded/wounded" and things like that (I assume with the same intervalls that later became fully green hp, half green hp, yellow hp etc).

Of course loads of the information you gather will be hard to vertify since it's often rumors and even first hand-information fades and details becomes vague like 20 years later.

Yeah, 6.4 is a neat memory for some players at most, why would you want to emulate it? I as a player would spend 10 minutes on such a server for the lulz and leave. What makes much more sense to me is picking the best mechanics and sprites from past versions and make like, "official" OT protocols.

Just my few cents.

....in pure-C (not C# or C++ I mean C like the engine Cipsoft had at 6.4 times).
Lie.
BC450RTL.DLL: MS-DOS executable, NE for MS Windows 3.x (driver). - Borland Runtime.
TIBIA.EXE: MS-DOS executable, NE for MS Windows 3.x.
OWL = Object Windows Library - Wikipedia
Also you may find it on = OWLNext: C++ Application Framework
(Yeah, it's still exists).
It's written on ancient C++ and compiled via Borland C++ 4.5 with OWL 2.5. (Before Borland C++ Builder,
probably CipSoft, bought/has them before Tibia, cuz in 1997, Borland reliaze their Builer, but stop support OWL (but them still included into C++ Builder). Tibia 3.0 compiled with using them 100%, Related 6.4 - they are using Borland C++ Builder 5.0).

Another less important things:
That is 32 bit application (not a 16 bit too, cuz 16 bit app has MZ header, and also, can be runned on wine nowadays), but not COM and not PE. It's NE.
It's using precursor of "opengl32.dll" for rendering - i.e. Operating system legacy driver via Borland buildings.
OWL - it's precusor of Windows Forms, and it's used for "UI".

P.S And yeah, i have a Tibia ~6.4 CipSoft source code. Dont ask me how.

Last edited:
P.S And yeah, i have a Tibia ~6.4 CipSoft source code. Dont ask me how.

You can't just say that and expect nobody to be curious. :rolleyes: Did you work with it somehow or was it obtained later? Just server, or data files too?

You can't just say that and expect nobody to be curious. :rolleyes: Did you work with it somehow or was it obtained later? Just server, or data files too?
That is long story... If be short - got them accidentally with some old HDD, from server.
One small company (fast-food business company) bought "second-hand" hardware for their website, they found me via freelancer.com (in the past i did a small freelance jobs) for maintain their webpage. After i'm got access, i found on hard-drive alot of files, and simple backup them before format those HDD, for sort it laters (at that time, i was think - that is some kind of their documents).
"Hey guys, as you may see - your webpage is functional! But old OS has been removed, files are on my PC, full backup. Where i can upload it?"
- "We dont know what is that, because we just bought some old PC for server... Maybe those files is from old owner, anyways we dont need anything from it."
"Okay".
And i am foget about those files for long time. Maybe 2-3 years. And never look on it. But at some "cleaning" day, i'm take a look, and found Tibia ~6.* (it's not fully 6.4, a some trunk with changes, probably it's different to any "public" servers hosted by CipSoft, becuse it's development trunk) source codes. Borland "project" files, and other things. There is no any "binary" version, but source code contains server side, tool, client and their data. I never tried to compile them, because it's strongly outdated. And nowadays guess no way to compile them again. Possible only if you find & download an old Borland somewhere, Windows 3.1 and other bullshit (and no downloads for it, cuz that is really ancient relics... they currently maybe exists somewhere on old CD's in some museum)...

That is long story... If be short - got them accidentally with some old HDD, from server.
One small company (fast-food business company) bought "second-hand" hardware for their website, they found me via freelancer.com (in the past i did a small freelance jobs) for maintain their webpage. After i'm got access, i found on hard-drive alot of files, and simple backup them before format those HDD, for sort it laters (at that time, i was think - that is some kind of their documents).
"Hey guys, as you may see - your webpage is functional! But old OS has been removed, files are on my PC, full backup. Where i can upload it?"
- "We dont know what is that, because we just bought some old PC for server... Maybe those files is from old owner, anyways we dont need anything from it."
"Okay".
And i am foget about those files for long time. Maybe 2-3 years. And never look on it. But at some "cleaning" day, i'm take a look, and found Tibia ~6.* (it's not fully 6.4, a some trunk with changes, probably it's different to any "public" servers hosted by CipSoft, becuse it's development trunk) source codes. Borland "project" files, and other things. There is no any "binary" version, but source code contains server side, tool, client and their data. I never tried to compile them, because it's strongly outdated. And nowadays guess no way to compile them again. Possible only if you find & download an old Borland somewhere, Windows 3.1 and other bullshit (and no downloads for it, cuz that is really ancient relics... they currently maybe exists somewhere on old CD's in some museum)...

I want to believe, but hard :(

It is remarkable how many fansites Tibia had already in beta stage.
Nightmareknights.com /Old sites, /Old screenshots together with archive.org gives a lot of information.

Magic

Spell use
Find Person
"So you can locate the general direction of a person. Speak to him, and you see the name of the person in the area of the screen in the direction you have to run."
JY25UqX.jpg

Creatures

Dragon
Summon: 670 mana
Convince: 450 mana

Cyclops
HP:200
Summon: 370 mana
convince: 150 mana
Loot: 0 - 40 Gold, Ham (...?), Halberd, Threeblader sword, Plate shield
Xv5gpad.png

Maps