• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.7 clone, run 7.7 server or a 7.92 one?

I'd say 7.4-7-.7. Mid/highrate. I mean, if you want a permanent low-rate Medivia is the one to go for.

Unfortunately, I dislike high rate servers, but I'm thinking about a some what high rate server, on which actually being level 100 is a good accomplishment by also allowing people to have fun by getting to the mid game levels of the game, I'm more of a RPGish user you know.

I play real Tibia, and although it's x1, in 3 hours I can get a level being level 196 :rolleyes: yet people complain when they see things lower than x50 :eek:
Real tibia is not ot that will die when the owner just get idea to shut it down.

Nobody will waste so much time on ots, people are aware that it may die.

7.7 and then start adding your own custom content. Custom sprites, maps, quests etc.

I feel this is the best way to gain a popular older version.

I think I will need to setup a donating thing for those that want to see my clone up and running.

7.7 and then start adding your own custom content. Custom sprites, maps, quests etc.

I feel this is the best way to gain a popular older version.

7.92 is also an old version, but I get what you're talking about.
But I really, really like modern sprites a lot more, it's easier to develop and implement new content in comparison with oldschool, whenever I see a 7.7 server with copied Medivia sprites, included modern Tibia monsters, I feel like wtf kind of game is this.

7.92 low/mid rate RPG.
When are you planning to start?

No actual plans for the 7.92 one just yet, as the 7.72 version is pretty much complete in comparison.

If you're making good money off donations you may be able to hire a spriter and make 7.7 style sprites.

If you need money for hosting, I'm sure I can find you some scripting work.

Make 7.92, almost 8.0 version without hotkeys.

7.92 has hotkeys, they were included in 8.0

If you're making good money off donations you may be able to hire a spriter and make 7.7 style sprites.

If you need money for hosting, I'm sure I can find you some scripting work.

You aren't on Skype?

Given how long it would take for me to complete the 7.92 version of my clone, I've decided to run the 7.72 first, and within that one server, be implementing my RPG gamer knowledge to keep it entertaining for everyone.

Back