• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 7.7 PVP-E Original #NoChanges except for Skulls/Exhaust

Kungenn

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hello

I've been working with the original files (cipsoft engine) for what feels like ages now.
Done several changes and modifications to them to make it be like 7.4 and so on.
However, a friend of mine @ond approached me and said you should really try just going for a pure 7.7, there is no options for it and I think a pure version with PVP-E would be great!

So we talked a bit about it, my concerns with the original PVP-E version of Tibia is;

There is no skulls what so ever, this could potentially make people kill each and everyone they were encounter making it almost impossible to start on the server if you didn't get to start on launch and anyone that is high level would be able to just exterminate everyone as there is no consequences.
Second thing is that on PVP-E the exhaust of offensive abilities is 1000 ms instead of the 2000ms that normal and non-pvp server got.

It might sound fun but also think about if you run across a sorcerer that can use UE twice or even 3 times in a row.
The first UE happens after 0 seconds, no delay on first one.
The second UE happens 1000 ms (1 second) after the first one.
And then they potential third UE could happen after a total of 2 seconds.

You might say yeah but if you cannot react in 1 second you deserve to die, yeah I mean sure, but that also means you would need to be on your toes 24/7 whenever moving around the map and not standing in PZ.

My suggestion was, which isn't a problem to do.

Set the amount of kills per day for redSkull very high or removing skull all together.
Second solution is to make it the "normal" exhaust which is 2000 ms (2seconds).

We discussed a bit of experience rate, loot, skill & mag rate.

Considering how strong mages are in 7.7 due to mana regen is higher and manafluids give double mana but cost 50% of what they did in 7.4.
While instant spells remain the same mana cost (exori vis 20 mana etc). UE is 1200 mana instead of 800 but still.
It makes sorcerers/druids very potent.

Making it 8x SkillRate and 3x MagRate would make it a bit easier for knights & paladins to gain their skills to be threats.
The experience rate would be great if my formula worked that I got working on my current server Nova, however, it breaks at level 89 and we cannot seem to find the reason why.
We are currently working on adapting a system of stages to the experience and if we do manage to bring in stages it would probably be something along the lines of
1-8 8x (You need to get some gear in rook to be able to even stand a chance in main)
9-20 20x
21-40 15x
41-60 10x
61-80 5x
81-100 3x
101-120 2x
121+ 1x

As for loot @ond said he didn't think it matters too much even if it is 1x ,3x or 5x.
Right now I run a 7.4 version of this with 5x loot and players still think it's a low lootrate cause they simply are used to incorrect values on OTS that then say they have 3x when they infact have closer to 10x.

The idea is also to make the servers "season/fun" where we'd start a server and have a set date to when it ends.
When it ends it would be transferred to a new server and everytime a season ends the servers would merge.

No time set for how long a season would be but somewhere around 2 to 3 months?

So the whole reason behind this thread is to get some inputs & thoughts.

Thank you for your time!

opikejra was pvp enforced. first day 110 online second 30 and pretty much that made it dead. highrate + pvpe is not great and no protection on boats + easy cash gain are just a kill those servers have no chance to last more than week because of peoples destructive behaviour its like releasing 110 creepers from minecraft into a beautiful landscape

That is partially what I think, even though the plan is to keep it seasonal it still need to have somewhat of a lifespan to be fun.

i would say weekly resets and some frag/killing limiter e.g you need soul points to kill players half of your levels of lower or just gm presence so players dont abuse it during wars.

OTS it's not real tibia , and no have many players like old times + fact pvp enforced servers in old times have populations like 240/290 players per day.

Besides, if you do not have free spells on the server, people simply will not even enter such server, because they have a choice of other servers where spells are free.

Servers have different hit formulas, the players you want to get, i.e. players focusing mainly on pvp are not interested to attack hitting 1 installment for 5 minutes with a regular club, and later collecting for a few hours with a spell trap for further game.

To attract such players you must have:

1. Good advertising

2. fast gameplay, free spells and jins without completing quests.

3. quick exp stages so that you don't have to focus on boring monsters for a long time + good loot to avoid wasting a lot of time making runes.

4.The server without skulls will not work, because large teams will kill single units and these will leave the server because it is not a real tibia and the population of players is too small to spread the fights and focus only on single players by larger teams.

that is exactly how opikejra was ran. no djinn just lvl entry etc and free spells all that. still day 2 1/3 of playerbase ot dead because frags are unlimited and cost nothing to bully low lvls
OTS it's not real tibia , and no have many players like old times + fact pvp enforced servers in old times have populations like 240/290 players per day.

Besides, if you do not have free spells on the server, people simply will not even enter such server, because they have a choice of other servers where spells are free.

Servers have different hit formulas, the players you want to get, i.e. players focusing mainly on pvp are not interested to attack hitting 1 installment for 5 minutes with a regular club, and later collecting for a few hours with a spell trap for further game.

1. Good advertising

3. quick exp stages so that you don't have to focus on boring monsters for a long time + good loot to avoid wasting a lot of time making runes.

4.The server without skulls will not work, because large teams will kill single units and these will leave the server because it is not a real tibia and the population of players is too small to spread the fights and focus only on single players by larger teams.
Post automatically merged:

1. Good advertising

that was exactly opikejra and still died because of point 4.

Last edited:
I hear your suggestions Tampik but I've listened to you in the past and not everyone likes your type of server either.
But again the point of the thread is to open a discussion to hopefully gather what people do want :)

Id really like feedback as to what you'd want;

Things that is already decided.

• A pure 7.7 with minor modifications to boost paladins & knights viability
• High skill rate around 8x, medium high mag rate around 3x
• Fairly high loot rate, probably around 5x
• Djinn Quest is just to walk to Melchior and start the quest then decided what faction you want to join and you are done
• A shorter version of postman quest
• PVP-E with or without skulls.
• Exhaust for offensive abilities will be 2000 ms (2 seconds)
• Wands & Rods will work, just like they did in 7.7
• Weapons will have a boost in their ATK (around +3 to +5)
• Light bolts will exist with 35 ATK instead of the regular bolts 30 ATK and they will weigh less.

Stuff I need help with to decide;

Experience Rate?

As you know if you read the topic post this is the real server engine from CipSoft so changes is hard to make.
I made a formula that is around 12x in the start and at level 100 you are down to 2x exp, however this formula breaks at level 88 and it happens even if I modify it slightly.
I've spent many hours trying to fix the formula but I cannot get it to work.
We are currently trying to adapt experience stages instead however this also proves to be a challenge.

Would you rather have some what staged server like from level 1-8 20x 9-20 15x etc and then it ends up at 2x at 100 or 1x at 150?
Or would you rather have a constant experience rate like 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or even higher?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

@Davidominator What amount of kills for RS etc do you think is reasonable in that case?
As an example my server Zanera runs 5 kills per day for RS 10 for ban. And it resets every serversave so you can 5 new etc etc

Considering how strong mages are in 7.7 due to mana regen is higher and manafluids give double mana but cost 50% of what they did in 7.4.
While instant spells remain the same mana cost (exori vis 20 mana etc). UE is 1200 mana instead of 800 but still.
It makes sorcerers/druids very potent.

CIPsoft only used the 7.6 mage formula for one year (7.6-7.7). When I played around 2008-2011 most servers mixed 7.4 and 7.6 to create the strongest possible version of mages. For example, every iteration of Ryan's Oldera servers had Exura Vita cost 80 mana. The cost of UE was 1200, but that isn't very important because it's a finisher.

At some point, 7.4 became the big version to use and people moved away from 7.6 formula. In this version, most servers use a boosted mana regen like in 7.6.

Has the true 7.6 mage formula really been tested in OTS?

CIPsoft only used the 7.6 mage formula for one year (7.6-7.7). When I played around 2008-2011 most servers mixed 7.4 and 7.6 to create the strongest possible version of mages. For example, every iteration of Ryan's Oldera servers had Exura Vita cost 80 mana. The cost of UE was 1200, but that isn't very important because it's a finisher.

At some point, 7.4 became the big version to use and people moved away from 7.6 formula. In this version, most servers use a boosted mana regen like in 7.6.

Has the true 7.6 mage formula really been tested in OTS?

There isn't any "true" 7.6 mage formula. If you mean mana system - it was changed in 2005 and is still in use today. And if you mean damage from spells - 7.4 and 7.6 were the same and this was only changed in 8.1.

Last edited:
The problem I face right now is that the experience formula we added to the engine breaks at level 88 for some reason, it breaks even if I modify the values
With my formula lv 88 is around 4.2 mill, if I change it so be say 15mil for lv 88 it still breaks at level 88 and I have no clue why and it is so frustrating.

We are currently trying to inject the engine similar to dll injection in windows however the libs breaks making some functions of the server stop working.
It's a freaking hassle to work with but I am both dedicated and determined.
To me, the real feeling of Tibia is in the client and the engine. I'd say there is possibly 1 OTS that managed to recreate it properly and it's Tibiantis. The rest while still being good is for me atleast too inaccurate. And I know that I am looking at details that the majority of players don't even know about nor think about.

But those details, again, for me is what gives me the authentic feeling

The problem I face right now is that the experience formula we added to the engine breaks at level 88 for some reason, it breaks even if I modify the values
With my formula lv 88 is around 4.2 mill, if I change it so be say 15mil for lv 88 it still breaks at level 88 and I have no clue why and it is so frustrating.

We are currently trying to inject the engine similar to dll injection in windows however the libs breaks making some functions of the server stop working.
It's a freaking hassle to work with but I am both dedicated and determined.
To me, the real feeling of Tibia is in the client and the engine. I'd say there is possibly 1 OTS that managed to recreate it properly and it's Tibiantis. The rest while still being good is for me atleast too inaccurate. And I know that I am looking at details that the majority of players don't even know about nor think about.

But those details, again, for me is what gives me the authentic feeling
Only Tibiantis?

There isn't any "true" 7.6 mage formula. If you mean mana system - it was changed in 2005 and is still in use today. And if you mean damage from spells - 7.4 and 7.6 were the same and this was only changed in 8.1.

I'm talking specifically about spell costs. Back when I played every single 7.6-7.72 server had 80 mana Exura Vita (160 mana in CIP 7.6).
Has this changed in recent times? Do 7.6-7.72 servers have the correct spell costs now?

I'm talking specifically about spell costs. Back when I played every single 7.6-7.72 server had 80 mana Exura Vita (160 mana in CIP 7.6).
Has this changed in recent times? Do 7.6-7.72 servers have the correct spell costs now?

I don't know what ots you played. Ot servers have whatever their owners set.
But you said that what you called the "true 7.6 mage formula" cipsoft too had used for one year only. While those spell costs set in 7.6 update were in use for many years. And for some spells like exura vita for instance - still are.

All 7.7 I have run has had the correct mana values for the spells, even though most players are quick to hate on it as it is in a lot of the cases 4x mana to conjure etc.

Back