• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia and Cryptocurrency

Coz little kids dont use those currencies
To be fair I'm having a hard time changing my PayPal into Bitcoin. Tried VirVox didnt work somehow. My wallet is at blockchain...

As the server owner, prolly too much hassle to convert bitcoins back to money (most likely they still need $ to pay for server fees or take out their spare money)
You need good enough revenue to even make it worth the trouble.

2018 Argardhs in-game gold-currency will be bound to Argardh-coin(a cryptocurrency, more like Litecoin than Bitcoin), which in turn will be trade-able into any cryptocurrency and thus any real currency.

2018 Argardhs in-game gold-currency will be bound to Argardh-coin(a cryptocurrency, more like Litecoin than Bitcoin), which in turn will be trade-able into any cryptocurrency and thus any real currency.

Wow that sounds very interesting indeed.

Well yes it is indeed, very interesting.

Imagine if CIP-soft created a cryptocurrency instead of or to replace the Points. Instant riches for everyone who buys in..

I have started to work on a game environment with a cryptocrrency (IOTA) circulating as money inside the game environment.

That's the challenge I've decided to take. Something that for a long time I've been wondering if would be possible, and I have suggested "everywhere" and no one seem to have gotten enought interest on: A game environment with a cryptocurrency circulating as local money seems to be fantastic for me! But as I am a coding semi-illiterare, I have never been bold enough to do it a start... but now, with IOTA, my boldness seem to have grown ;) And as the support here at the OTland is amazing, I believe this is a quest possible to complete XD

Having met an old friend from Tibia times, this idea came back to my mind, and we have decided to create an Open Tibia server, as an experiment to see how far we will be able to go :)

I have put a blog online at blog.raganius.com, which I'll try to keep updated with the progresses (but to be honest, the game server creation will be the easiest part, as we really don't know if it will be possible to integrate a IOTA wallet into the players' game interface).

At first I imagine that the cryptocurrencies would run as parallel currencies in the game environment (as the game "gold" is a very inflated currency, too easy to earn, it will be like the game's fiat or "government money"). So the idea is users being able to make payments directly with crypto, inside the game to other players or npcs (and maybe the game system acting like a escrow). DASH/BTC will be used during users trades, and the game "gold" still used as a game token.

2605z7p.jpg

An option that seems to be viable is adopting IOTA (a Internet of Things currency) as the inside game currency (for all trades between player-npc or player-player). Also, DASH/BTC for trades between player-player outside the game environment, website market, etc.

Any help, suggestions and ideas are precious, and welcome :) (TBH, help is really wanted)

How about OTland coin? For tipping scripters with faucet and possibility to collect them or for OTS SMS shop could be done this way 100OTland coin = 1cc etc

How about OTland coin? For tipping scripters with faucet and possibility to collect them or for OTS SMS shop could be done this way 100OTland coin = 1cc etc

It would actually not be hard to be made. But the thing is "value": A currency will only hold a "price" (like 1c as in your example) if enough people give value to it. A perfect way to do it was if the "mining" of the coin was in some way attached to the gameplay itself - like a distributed Peer to Peer Open Tibia server - that would be great, for it would be creating a worldwide "silk road ebay like ;)" market inside the game. And as it was a distributed (P2P) server, it would be unstoppable...

On the other hand, adopting an already established cryptocurrency (with strong market value) would be of course much easier, because the "price and value" part is so important, and the less under control of the issuer.

As an example, a good idea would be that people here start getting to know about bitcoin, iota, doge, etc. It could benefit this community: people could have their own tip addresses, and tip one another for scripts or support shared with the community/users.

I see that many users here are very helpful, and contribute a lot solving other less experienced users in their issues. That is great, and is making me love this community. I am sure that if the users had tipping addresses, thankful users would be happy to send some coins.

Anyway it is so simple to send and receive payments that no one will want to use paypal or mercado pago anymore.

Last edited:
you know we could just balance it on with some otses first i mean get world-Trade as OT-Trade :) where its handled items = coins coins = items

It would actually not be hard to be made. But the thing is "value": A currency will only hold a "price" (like 1c as in your example) if enough people give value to it. A perfect way to do it was if the "mining" of the coin was in some way attached to the gameplay itself - like a distributed Peer to Peer Open Tibia server - that would be great, for it would be creating a worldwide "silk road ebay like ;)" market inside the game. And as it was a distributed (P2P) server, it would be unstoppable...

On the other hand, adopting an already established cryptocurrency (with strong market value) would be of course much easier, because the "price and value" part is so important, and the less under control of the issuer.

As an example, a good idea would be that people here start getting to know about bitcoin, iota, doge, etc. It could benefit this community: people could have their own tip addresses, and tip one another for scripts or support shared with the community/users.

I see that many users here are very helpful, and contribute a lot solving other less experienced users in their issues. That is great, and is making me love this community. I am sure that if the users had tipping addresses, thankful users would be happy to send some coins.

Anyway it is so simple to send and receive payments that no one will want to use paypal or mercado pago anymore.

Value would be up to the people buying and selling the currency, both to in-game money and irl money. The obvious thing with this is that the miners put their effort not into solving algorithms(also, but less focus) but instead co-host the gameserver itself(p2p as you say). The payment they would get would then be Argardhcoin for example, which should be locked to the in-game gold-currency to make sure it has a more fixed value(fluctuation of price/value is most cryptocurrencies weakness).

And yes, oh my.. if bitcoin/cryptocurrency started being used here on OTLand.. tipping back and forth.. money would go to the right place for the first time since OT started :p

You can pay otservlist with bitcoin, he gives you a 10-20%~ discount

Nice! That's a good way to start. The more merchants and services accept cryptocurrencies, the more it will make sense that users here tip each other with crypto, and more and more OT servers will start accepting it (instead of paypal, for instance).

For example, to sell VIP, premium time or items is much simpler and safer using cryptocurrencies, because the seller will receive his payment instantly, without fees, and with no risk of a chargeback by dishonest buyers.

IMO, it is a tendency: the cryptocurrencies will be a dominant payment option very soon. Be ready ;)

you know we could just balance it on with some otses first i mean get world-Trade as OT-Trade :) where its handled items = coins coins = items

Yes, cryptocurrencies make it easier the integration of different otses, because there are no barriers, limits or bureaucracies to the transfer of money. Making money easy to send and receive is revolutionary: so many things will change in our benefit.

Value would be up to the people buying and selling the currency, both to in-game money and irl money. The obvious thing with this is that the miners put their effort not into solving algorithms(also, but less focus) but instead co-host the gameserver itself(p2p as you say). The payment they would get would then be Argardhcoin for example, which should be locked to the in-game gold-currency to make sure it has a more fixed value(fluctuation of price/value is most cryptocurrencies weakness).

And yes, oh my.. if bitcoin/cryptocurrency started being used here on OTLand.. tipping back and forth.. money would go to the right place for the first time since OT started :p

That would be great.

The only problem with "locking" or backing the cryptocurrency by the in-game-gold, as it seems, is on how to control the amount of issued money (as I said here - in Portuguese, sorry.): would the cryptocurrency, in your case Argardhcoin, be created the moment a spawn drops some gold to the player? This option came to my mind at first, but one of the things that made me look for some other solution was when I thought about the "botters", as there would be an incentive for "money farming", flooding the economy with a huge amount of currency, causing imbalance.

For me, a better (easier) solution is to have a cryptocurrency independent from the game gold, because the more there are bots farmig it, the less will be the in-game gold value. And that would not directy affect the value of the cryptocurrency, which issuance rate will always be under control as planned.

Actually, for a cryptocurrency, fluctuation in price is something expected, and healthy, because that's the natural consequence of the "law of supply and demand". The cryptocurrency price will fluctuate just like gold price fluctuates, oil price fluctuates... wheat, coffee, etc. It behaves like the commodities. And originally, commodity is money. So that is not a weakness, to be honest. The thing is that we perceive price fluctuations as bad because we have been kept unaware of this fact (that commodities are monies) due to government's manipulation, since the States disingenuously decided to monopolise money and imposed their fiat currencies.

So, in the case of a P2P OTserver, a great solution, as it seems to me, would be having the "miners" putting their effort into co-hosting the gameserver itself (as you have said), and being remunerated with the cryptocurrency (Argardhcoin). This cryptocurrency will circulate inside (and even outside) the in-game environment, gaining adoption, and with adoption gaining utility, and with utility gaining value. That would really be great.

In this regard, there is Huntercoin (huntercoin.org). They have been working on, more or less, what we're talking about here.

Last edited:
how about tipping per ip address per account per day :)?

Do you mean on a forum? An usual way to do something alike is the forum users renting their signature space for advertisers. This happens a lot in some other forums where providers of services relevant to that community pay some amount of BTC per "constructive posts" by the user during a certain agreed period.

Back