• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia AntiCheat Engine

How do you think about a tibia hack shield?

• Total voters
I think it's a good idea but it could go one of two ways. Either a lot of people play the server knowing there won't be any botters or no body plays the server cause they can't play without a bot.
Imagine 7.6 without bots, just awesome.

How do you ever imagine a server-sided prevention of botting? Imo you just can't prevent it anymore.

You can check if player shoot under the roof, and a few more things.

(of course this has only sense on servers without client hotkey bot)

I voted "Nice Idea".
Honestly though, i don't think it'd actually work exept maybe for 7.6 & under servers, Tibia is basically only playable with a bot now, well it isn't, but it is only fun because the only real thing Tibia has going for it is its PvP & the minority that actually like the "shitty" questing side of tibia are the only people that would get full advantage of this.

That's not even counting the RPing side of Tibia who are an even smaller audience, that probably don't even play Tibia anymore or are still stuck on Non-pvp servers. (Am talking about real Roleplaying, not what you guys like to catagorize people who "Like doing quests")

What I don't get is why people won't just design there servers to be unbottable to begin with, like making the server be raid-based/random event based, quest based, exploration based. It's hard to bot a server where leveling doesn't mean hunting in certain caves for certain level ranges.

Well, you can always have some kind of special token system as a custom packet, if server doesn't receive special packet with the token it would automatically disconnect the client after a short period of time (This would prevent only the third-party application from being terminated, easily by-passable with otclient though).

A custom client (e.g. otclient) could handle that custom packet as well, just like how we handle all of the current original Tibia packets, as you've stated.

Really, if you seriously plan to make this, tell us the magic behind it, how it could work, how to prevent bypasses etc...

A custom client (e.g. otclient) could handle that custom packet as well, just like how we handle all of the current original Tibia packets, as you've stated.

Really, if you seriously plan to make this, tell us the magic behind it, how it could work, how to prevent bypasses etc...

I don't plan to make this, I'm just coming up with an idea how could it work. Also I'm trying to point it out from the beginning that otclient could easily by-pass the anti-cheat software thus to prevent by-passing it we would have to somehow allow only original Tibia client.

I don't plan to make this, I'm just coming up with an idea how could it work. Also I'm trying to point it out from the beginning that otclient could easily by-pass the anti-cheat software thus to prevent by-passing it we would have to somehow allow only original Tibia client.

And again I don't understand what the sense behind that is. How would you build a server to only allow Real Client?
Wouldn't you be able to edit Otclient so it seems like Real Tibia client to the server then?

The last sentence wasn't towards you, but to the TS. :p
I don't see how this could be working.

And this thread still isn't about how to make this working, it's about how it would be.

Bring this up =)

How does it looks like by creating something like Punkbuster for the clients?

If we could this running, there could be 7.6 servers without any users using bots.
Would this be great or boring?

Regards

As long as everything is server-sided and everything in code is written correctly - the game is "unglitchable". There is no such thing as cheating, it's botting only.
If you consider auto-loot and dash cheating, you may add exhaust between these actions. I see no point in tracking cavebots.

Yeah well, cheating is actually not the correct word.

But image you could't cavebot and this shit, wouldn't this be an awesome feature for OTS?

Just try it, making a poll here is useless...
Just risk it and look if it would run nice..
I just think a Anti-bot Server is a dead Server, just risk it..
Theres like 300-400 oldschool players left, they all wont vote here anyway...

Seriously, what the problem with you guys?
Bot has destroyed tibia and the most fun thing in it, war. paralyze don't have any mean because you simple use the bot to get way from it. Wins the war the team which use the bot better. There is no server that players play the war with true hability instead of using bot. Wins who use bots, period.
Of course auto loot is cool, because looting using hand is boring as hell, but hunting with bot is horrible. Look at shadowCores, or, ShadowBotters, there is people selling bot keys on the server, ridiculous.
Servers already have skills and level stages, making very easy to get level and fun on war, killing monsters etc. Servers give money and items to make even more easier to play the server. Seriously, botting destroy the GameDesign of Tibia. Of course the Game Design of Tibia has flaws and Bots sometimes can solve this flaws but as we run the server and develop it we can solve this flaws.

Back