• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia - CipSoft never checked IPs

pierroth

Mar Co.
Reaction score
After someone hacked the Zanera server, it was opened publicly. Actually, it has been posted here.
Someone is hosting it right now, and we went to the GM Area/GM Island, and we found letters about Players MCing or botting, they never actually checked IPs to verify if someone was actually MCing.

screenshot_54.png

How shitty is that? No wonder Botters and cheaters always got away and ruined the game.

I just can't imagine that they were this bad at get rid of botters.. wow man nice piece you found here

Zanera? When? Did it happend recently or you just found 7.7 thing?

For example: all PCs in one school have mostly THE SAME IP.
They never checked ips for mc botting becouse they are smarter then the average noob ots admin.

After someone hacked the Zanera server, it was opened publicly. Actually, it has been posted here.
Someone is hosting it right now, and we went to the GM Area/GM Island, and we found letters about Players MCing or botting, they never actually checked IPs to verify if someone was actually MCing.

screenshot_54.png

How shitty is that? No wonder Botters and cheaters always got away and ruined the game.
And how do you draw the conclusion that they did not check IPs?

This topic have no sense. It shows how many ppl don't know how Cipsoft's company structure and internet/network works. GMs never checked IPs, they had no way/rights to do that!

The only known way which is still used, is checking for suspicious packets sent by the client. Cip is gathering all info from GMs and tutors about players behavior and then Cip is checking it correcly, marking an account as a cheater or not. To reduce chances for cheaters which are writing cheats to find which packets are 'suspicious' for Cip. Cip is banning all cheaters at once, once per month. Banning someone right after he launches hax would be better for cheat's programmers, very fast undetectable hacks would appear.

Tibia lost a lot, not becouse of cheaters, but becouse of poor Cip's policy and vision how the game should looks like.
First cheat for Tibia was a simple light-hack. Cip didnt cared about: "i hate torches, they are heavy and disappear very fast", "i cant look at my monitor when game is so dark, my eyes hurt". We had to wait for over 4-5 years for option "set abmient light". So, becouse of that policy ppl started writing cheats to fix shits made by Cip.
Also there were alot of shits which gaves unfriendly players awesome adventage and many ways to scam and harass other people. Even now, in 2016 year, thier Optional PVP servers (non-pvp) is a S H I T. Tottaly made by someone without enought iq in Cip's company. Random troll can destroy magic walls by walking trought them, becouse of that you can't trap boss, and cooperate in PVE etc. Such trolls abuses and breaks Tibia's rules and they should be banned for that behavior. But Cipsoft doesn't care. So, this policy of non-pvp servers is a mix of stupidity and hipocrism of Cips. The another hipocrism of Cip is they will not ban you if you wrote something like "i love fuck your mum" seperated in two or more messages. Like: "i love fu" + "ck your mum". But when a harassed player answered "no! fuck you" he will be banned in few hours/days.

All that policy made Open Tibia growing so extremally fast. When you start calculating you will notice, that OTS have more players in total then real Tibia. Which is a top1 game with the most 'lost players becouse of devs' in the world for me. 75% players plays OTS, 25% RL.

Right now real Tibia's comminity is a REST of all players which are:
1. very sentimental or
2. too lazy to learn new game or
3. 'pathologically conservative' which thinks all new games are sux and
4. small amount of business players which aren't playing, they are only selling gold farmed by a bot on ebay - "easy assets, easy fixed income".

For me, Open and real Tibia comminity was (and still is) a big mix of
1. very smart people or
2. lazy people which looks for easy casual game or
3. very stupid and annoying trolls and scammers.

Few months ago, Cipsoft published informations about Tibia's players. From that informations you can deduce that Tibia haven't new players in last 7-8 years. From 2007 Tibia started dying which average player's age of 16, right now is 24.

Last edited:
I agree on mwalls - they are shit.
Walking through shouldn't remove mwall when someone is standing on it.

I am not sentimental. This game is one of its kind. I already know too much to just quit.
TFS devs did a very good job. Server engine gets more and more customizable. You can script almost everything yourself without source edits.

There is a reason they don't give a shit about us.
They silently copy our ideas.

Walking over pvp arena, in-game premium coins, training rooms and upgrading were on opentibia first.
We were first. We did it better. How could I leave such great community?

Back in the day I had a few gm's teleport to me and my rl bro or friends playing together and make us dance together. Just a cool little memory, happened more than once.
around 7.4-7.6

The only known way which is still used, is checking for suspicious packets sent by the client.

There are a few valid points you bring up in your wall of text, but you're wrong about this.
If you've ever heard about data mining, then you'd realise how stupid this sounds. It's of course not only limited to data mining, but a large variety of data combined into determing whether or not you're using cheats. That's how their automatic system work, and like most other anti-cheat softwares work as well.

Last edited:
Newer versions ruined the game, and yeah player mentallity too, cheaters everywhere, even shitty OTs have a better 'protection' vs botters than global shitsoft servers.

Get real, tibia used to be something... it sucks nowadays.

Back