• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia client crashes when loadin character list

Dragonista

Reaction score
Hello!
I just found a 8.0 kummerack server wich seems to be XML and not SQL, wich is exactly what I wanted(nostalgia).
I got the server working with ports etc and it starts up and runs just fine, but when I try to log in on an account the tibia client crashes. I get no error in the server log, I only get an error if you try to enter without entering an account or password but this does not crash the server.

I am not very good at all this stuff and would appreciate some help with this, want to open it for my friends for nostalgic reasons.

Yours,
Dragonista

Solution
In config.lua change motd = "" to: motd = "Welcome!" or whatever you want but don't leave motd empty.
42 EventTrigger type indicate that it create motd window, Child->getWidth() = 0 reason means that motd window is empty and it couldn't be empty. That is because older engines send packets for motd even if the string is empty on TFS it got fixed that's why it working if you leave motd empty. The reason why it is working for M0ustafa is probably because he already logged in with that client to working server which changed his last motd number to 1 so the client skip motd for this server(it is only checked if last motd number is different from the one you receive).
What account you are trying to connect to? Can you post the Account.xml/Player.xml you are trying to login to?
When you try to login only Tibia crashes? or Server too?

I'm trying to log in to the account manager, I've attached the files, I check coordinates and they seem to be correct.
Only the tibia client crashes, the server is fine.

Attachments

It is named 1.xml inside the Accounts folder? if so change it to 111111

I changed the account to "111111" and pass "tibia" as it was before, it still crashes.
Here is what it shows if I just press enter without entering an account number or password.
thanks alot for your efforts

Attachments

Your account manager doesn't have any issue, I just tested it in 8.0 XML server and it logged in without any crashes, I believe it might be wrong tiles/sprites in the login/temple area's map.
With 1.xml server got crashed but when I changed to 111111.xml as I told you above everything went alright.

but if it would have to do with sprites/tiles, wouldn't I be able to get into the character list? because the problem is the tibia client crashes as soon as I hit enter after entering "111111" and "tibia".

the server I have is the one posted in downloads called "sand kummerack", if you want to check it out.
I have only changed the IP adress basically, nothing else changed.

Try uninstalling then reinstalling your client because it looks like this Sand Kummerack working properly, so it isn't server-side issue.
Worksgood.PNG

I reinstalled the tibia 8.0 client, even downloaded another loader and it still crashes, it crashes for my friend aswell.
I will try deleting the server and extract it again, to make sure.

edit- it still crashes for both me and my two friends.

and it crashed when you tried to login or when you tried to get character list?

check world name in config.lua

@zbizu the worldname is "kummerack", I didn't change it.
Got any clue? seems to work for M0ustafa but not for me nor my friends, we all get crash when trying to get into character list.

try contacting him and doing same things (from new database to full server) step by step to reproduce this problem

all I did was download it and change the IP in the config and run it, and he downloaded the very same ot and ran it without the problem I have :/

In config.lua change motd = "" to: motd = "Welcome!" or whatever you want but don't leave motd empty.
42 EventTrigger type indicate that it create motd window, Child->getWidth() = 0 reason means that motd window is empty and it couldn't be empty. That is because older engines send packets for motd even if the string is empty on TFS it got fixed that's why it working if you leave motd empty. The reason why it is working for M0ustafa is probably because he already logged in with that client to working server which changed his last motd number to 1 so the client skip motd for this server(it is only checked if last motd number is different from the one you receive).

Solution
@fabian766 yeah it solved my problem, however, now it crashes when I try to enter the accountmanager? but it doesn't crash for my friend(he can go onto the account manager)

edit- seems to be working after I ran it as administrator. thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Back