• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Tibia client - "downgrading" a 7.72 client/engine to run otherwise as a 7.6 client

Download

Reaction score
So here's my issue: I've got 20FPS in 7.6 (DX5), and 100-300FPS in 7.72 (DX9).
I've done the Googling (i.e. read Worr's tutorial on otfans for "improving fps on old Tibia"), tried updating my GFX drivers in every way, but no.

Solution: downgrading a 7.72 client to run as a 7.6, but with DX9 and OpenGL available.

I have a couple of simplifications which I don't know if is right, so I'd like to mention these to make clear if maybe I have oversimplified something and that the problem lies there:
So I imagine that when I packet capture, I actually get/capture all information/packets that are sent through X adapter to anywhere (restricted by protocols of course - but as far as I know Tibia uses only TCP, or alternatively TCP and UDP only), and I also imagine that when you hex edit a program, you have all the information that is to that application right there (except for libraries if those are not loaded by the hex editor), i.e. including the ICO(n) and program version.

Now, my approach: I'm trying to simply locate the program version information somewhere in the Tibia.exe (or/and Patch.exe, but I guess Patch.exe's only purpose is to patch the client in case of automatic updates through the client). I've searched simply for '7.72' and '7.7' and got only two results with both of them; edited both to 7.60, but this did not affect the client version (yes, I know I edited the "Info"-window's 'client' field to 7.6 ;P).

Next I fired up Wireshark and tried connecting to a 7.72 server on a 7.6 client (this way (7.6 client on 7.7 serv instead of 7.7 client on 7.6 serv) I will get an error message from the server instead of a client crash, meaning in the former case that the server must have gotten a package that contains the identity or pseudo-identity ("pseudo-identity", i.e. checksum, RSA key, etc) from the client/Tibia.exe) under the capture of my networking device.
I got the error I wanted and thus stopped capturing. I'm a complete newbie at both hex editing and packet manipulation, but I'm not stupid so I get around basic usage; read all of the packets prior to the "You need to use Tibia version 7.72"-or-whatever error, but I saw nothing interesting in any except for one package that contained data, but except for the password-part I can't decode it, and I did not find any of the packet-data inside the client by cross-reference.
Here's the packet data (it's the packet right before server sends me the error-packet):
0000 1d 00 01 02 00 f8 02 33 5a 9d 43 be 52 98 43 75
0010 81 e6 42 86 7a 08 00 06 00 01 02 03 04 05 06
The 6 last hex values, 01 02 03 04 05 06 is a replacement of the password I entered (which actually is my password on a OT, so I don't wish to reveal it)

As this didn't work I went to try something else:
Actually, I should mention that I've already replaced my 7.72 Tibia.* (all except Tibia.exe) files with 7.6 ones, and this doesn't seem to have caused any further issues (I can still run 7.72 Tibia.exe, login and play on OTs, BUT on 7.72 servers - even though I'm using 7.6 tibia.dat, tibia.spr, etc).
But what I tried after, because I don't really know the function of the Tibia RSA key but have heard about it, was to replace the 7.72 RSA key with the 7.6 RSA key.
But it seems that 7.6 doesn't have a RSA key (at least I didn't find one at the same location I had found the 7.72 one).

So now, yeah, I don't really know where to go from here.
I could download a debugger and see if there's more information there, but I was hoping this would be easier -- I don't really wanna spend my time tweaking, I just wanna play 7.6 atm with 30+ FPS :p

Anyone got a clue? :D

Back