• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia.dat corrupt data

Zenolijo

Reaction score
Hello!
I just started looking to play some OT for the first time in many many years, but have since switched to linux.
It's nice that much more is supported on linux in the tibia world nowadays, but goddamnit nothing works.

I am running Arch Linux.
First i tried the compiled version, added the 10.31 dat and spr. Before i added the dat and spr the console said unable to open file, but after i added them it says "ERROR: Failed to read dat '/things/1031/Tibia.dat': corrupt data".
I'm pretty sure that the data is not corrupt. First i tried using the linux dat and spr, but even though i'm pretty sure that the files are the same, i also tried installing Tibia via wine and added the spr and dat from the windows client, still the same bug. Any help?

I also tried compiling the lates source both from the AUR and Github, but both failed
Also, since the dotnet3.5 is uninstallable on wine, i couldn't use the otland ip changer for the stock client neither.

Here are my sha256 sums of the files
51875c0151458864428aa6f292b82e2ed59c72f85c7905fec3aa47e6eb1e2513 ./Tibia.dat
6fc82be2c1c78cdff0468c62458dd3d0fcc22e2ad85e0eb9afcf4d166914631d ./Tibia.spr

EDIT: This is just silly, it was easier to get forgottenserver, phpmyadmin and mariadb up on linux than getting the client to work...

EDIT2: Tried running the compiled windows build under wine, but that returns "FATAL ERROR: Unable to fund workd directory, the application cannot be initialized". Told my friend to try it on his computer with windows 7 and it returns the same error.

EDIT3: The otland ip changer worked under wine even though dotnet35 wasn't installed in wine, so i got it running now. Still would prefer the otclient though

Last edited:
Back