• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia dieing?

How long will Tibia last?

• 1 Year.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 2 Years.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • 3 Years.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 4 Years.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • 10 Years +

Votes: 63 74.1%

• Total voters

Sync

Ø,ø
Reaction score
I've been inactive from the OpenTibia community for awhile now. I always come back and take a look at Otservlist and Tibia.com to see the numbers and I see now that it is at a all time low. Do you guys think Tibia will permanently die? Any suggestions to bring it back? Im curious.

CipSoft is genereting more revenue with every year, does it look like dieing?
Yes, look like dieing to me.
More money, but less players. They focus on profit, not gameplay.
We have recolored sprites and low quality maps now, soon we will get more and more shitty updates. Look how World of Warcraft is now, just after revenue records.

Been a long time bro, @EvulMastah Enlighten me with how there gaining more revenue, been a quick look and onto the next site for me.

Been a long time bro, @EvulMastah Enlighten me with how there gaining more revenue, been a quick look and onto the next site for me.
- They implemented Tibia Coins, which are sold for real life money and you can buy a lot of stuff with it. Mounts, outfits, boosts and so on. They monetize everything that used to be an unlockable within the game. So even if there are less players, their income is higher, because lots of players buy microtransactions.

- There are less bots than in 2007 (which means more actual players in terms of total percentage)

- Nowadays premium account is a must, so pretty much everyone playing regularly has to get one.

- As its riding on nostalgia and habits, the playerbase age got higher - adults are more likely to pay in order to skip stupid grind, because they have more disposable money

Yes its dying, There is no 16 year old players, no one new comes to the game, as a matter of fact if you make Pol about age, You will notice that only 1985-1995 Players are left, There is no screaming kidos, times of mummble-ventrilo are finished, Servers on otservlist are all about business-making quick income in favelas Lets not forget Tibia was a game mostly famous in countries with low income BRAZIL-POLAND. As for streamers, they also hate what they do, Most of them just stream for few hours, get donations, do the numbers, and they are happy that the stream is over. There is no servers that can actually provide nostalgia, Most of the OPEN TIBIA SERVERS are just weekend ots. Gte fast lvl do few wars, teams crumble out, server dies, Each year Ots-And Tibia global are losing their players base. TIBIA DAYS ARE COUNTED.
And as for those who treat tibia as side hustle, its also slowly ending, No on e wants to spend 10 bucks every month on servers, As for global tibia, people play it casually, there is no bots, there isn't that spirit to chase lvls, since when you click high-score you see lvls 1900. Better to just buy chars on char bazar. Tibia is dead.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 61307

They earn more, because tibia players are adults now, who can afford it. Less players, but more revenue, because bigger % of active players spend their money.
True, most of tibia players are people full time employed, No more times wheer you had to resell stuff to get Premium scrolls or tibia coins, Tibia is full pay to win, skills for cash,exp for cash, chars for cash. As someone who earns decent money in Uk, i mean decent enough for me, .1600£ a month, for em to buy 20.000 tibia coins its a weekend out type of cost. So the player base drops, but amount of items you can buy goes up, also the graph above doesn't just show TIBIA.COM income. They also have Another game TibieMe that generates a lot of cash. Also adverts, site traffic, and side hustle jobs they do. Lets just say that durin lives in 2.4mln mansion that explains how pumping pixel addicts pays of.

Last edited:
Gte fast lvl do few wars, teams crumble out, server dies, Each year Ot
Eloth/Kasteria/Tibijka does that for 4 years and there is no decrease in number of players on start. Players just like that. As @SCREECH said, tibia players are changing, not leaving. Players ready to spend months on making exp left in 2010.
There are less players, they are less interested in making 'exp', they got full time jobs, they want to spend evening/weekend on server, not next 2 years.

Tibia and ots are long dead, even the most well worked servers with a lot of time and money investment look like completely garbage when compared to other MMOs out there.

It's not just the graphics, the whole concept is wrong and unfitting.
Understand your public, talk to your public, suit your public. This has never happened in this community ever since I joined it on 2006.

We are not united, we are not working together to keep each other invested in the community, we are ~RARELY~ making any real progress or being innovative.
The era that we live, is adapt or die and I can surely say we haven't adapted.

The best ots we have in this community still manage to BE WORSE than RL Tibia, that is possibly the worst game that exists at the moment.
The user experience of tibia client/otclient is so bad that it actually is a barrier for your gameplay, can you imagine that?

I can speak from experience when I say this community was great for me, I've challenged myself constantly and I did learned a lot but I'm into a point where there are more legwork than challenges nowadays. Not that I would mind doing the hard work, but I'm alone in anything that I try to create, and for what? 10 likes? being trash-talked about my code or the idea? Common...
I've moved to another project, it's also a very old game (11 years) that never leaked (until now) and I'm doing a lot of things fairly new in terms of reverse engineering and security so I'm thrilled by every new discovery, something that Tibia/OTs can't provide me anymore. The game is open with almost 0 effort, I don't have competitors and the community is great. We all work together to maintain a single repository and I have involved several players to gather feedback and even work on updates for the game.

From this new project, I can only feel sad when comparing to how far from this ideal world OTs are.

It's true, Tibia has been hunted by cip since 7.6 and will eventually die, it definitely has life left though, at some point the internet will 'find' it and it will become more popular than ever probably. It's already kind of popular on twitch... CIP aren't just going to let their cash cow die without a bang.

OT will last several times longer, already even if all the forums and lists go offline right now OT will not die, there's simply too many resources already in the hands of the many. People like me will always have these files and always be working on their current or next project until they can no longer use their computers.

In terms of playing/making ots for the purpose of community, expecting more than 3 real players and re-living the old days, then yes, full dead. It's not different, it's dead. Reanimated by corruption.

Tibia and ots are long dead

You guys saying that since 2012 and keep playing tibia :/

I play because it is my favorite game and I don't give a damn about other games, this is a hobby for me <3 i love Tibia
same for me

I think that open tibia is in a good moment :)

There's great tools released nowdays, and forgotten server is more complete than ever.

fact +1

----------------

And tibia is still alive like 10 years ago

I bet Tibia will survive WoW dying first. No jokes.

I play because it is my favorite game and I don't give a damn about other games, this is a hobby for me <3 i love Tibia
+1
There are maany players like us, there are players that never really played other games/other games are not as thrilling for them.
They may leave but eventually return, like all of us do.
We all love that game and there is no real substitute for a drug that it certainly is.

People like me will always have these files and always be working on their current or next project until they can no longer use their computers.
Exactly! When I'm working on my server I'm thinking about it being a time capsule, and even if I'll have to stop someday (which is rather unlikely xd)
I'll be able to come back to it after X years and relive it again.

PS:
Just to let you know, in 2008 (a year after the peak, golden days hurr durr) I've been running around 40 clients total on my PC's, and I wasn't the only one.
Their numbers were even more inflated than some current-gen's OT.

no idea about cipsoft tibia but regarding OTS..
depends on your definition of 'dead'. Too many unfinished passion projects around this community for it to "die". 10+ years imo

I think the days of copy/paste and half assed OTS are dead. I think the only successful ones going forward will be ones run by capable teams or people with no day job... its hard to go it alone nowadays.

So many ppl have jobs/kids nowadays its hard to find the time to get OT related things done.. on my own.. that's my situation
I would be hosting right now if I wasn't working so much irl. However through freelancing, i've been making progress.

Last edited:
Low level on old servers of rl tibia feels like single player experience. I rarely run into other players even though the server is quite populated (~300 online during day usually).

By world type, retro hardcore pvp seems to be most interesting to players nowadays. My guess is that they messed up the pvp system rework. Two biggest giveaways are:
  • the players don't like it
  • the ot devs didn't implement it either (probably also because they didn't like it)

Last edited:
Back