• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Tibia error code 1

vennedek12

Reaction score
hi, i open tibia and yes it open but does not open properly due to the fact that when it opens it just stays blank! i can only minimize and maximize and close and all that.... i run the trouble shoot and when trying to open when it tells me the tibia error code 1 comes up.. saying cannot find file 'C:/Windows/system32/tibia.dat'.(error code 1) please re-install the program.. ive did re install and nothing, ive tried to copy tibia.dat into system 32 and nothing:mad:... opened as administration and nothing!... please someone help??? Thanks!!

hi, i open tibia and yes it open but does not open properly due to the fact that when it opens it just stays blank! i can only minimize and maximize and close and all that.... i run the trouble shoot and when trying to open when it tells me the tibia error code 1 comes up.. saying cannot find file 'C:/Windows/system32/tibia.dat'.(error code 1) please re-install the program.. ive did re install and nothing, ive tried to copy tibia.dat into system 32 and nothing:mad:... opened as administration and nothing!... please someone help??? Thanks!!

LOL'd

they're! it was just a solution i found in another post here, with someone who had the same problem...

- - - Updated - - -

copy tibia files to my documents?

Delete System32

just kiddin'

put the tibia.dat file into the same place you extracted the client to (C:\Program Files(x86)\Tibia or something like that.

sentilo... my first post was because i saw your problem and saw that someone recommended you to do such things... LOL i hope that works let me try it... thank you ^^

For the flamers and haters. Don't flame on a thread if every noob can see this is not a fucking copy and paste issue, but a windows issue.

Totaly agree with this. If the tibia.dat file was simply missing from the tibia client folder, then it would give an error about that folder, not about system32. This error obviously shows it's a problem with windows.

yes i do, sorry never has this problem before and im not a big computer freak ;/...
Put files into error msg file jesus christ u need to be spoon feed u noob?

- - - Updated - - -

do you mind sending me a website where it explain how to do this? thank you
Re-install your operating system.
Works in most of cases.

Hmm it should work. That step helped me on that time..

Try this: Uninstall tibia > download latest version of tibia (but run it as an administrator) > Save it just on programme files > Also put the minimum of security level on control pannel user accounts > Reïnstall tibia and try if it works.

Last edited:
Hmm it should work. That step helped me on that time..

Try this: Uninstall tibia > download latest version of tibia (but run it as an administrator) > Save it just on programme files > Also put the minimum of security level on control pannel user accounts > Reïnstall tibia and try if it works.
sorry for the late response, that also didn't work :(...Thanks alot tho for trying to help! tibia worked before idk what happened ;/..

Back