• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia for busy people

1711980854838.png

"tHe SoLuTiOn Is To GiVe Up... ThAt'S yOuR sImPlE lIfE"

It's seems like I see. A bunch of troll people hating for nothing!

Well, just playing a lowrate is fine? I started playing on tibiantis recently. Sure I can't compete with the people without jobs or obligations. But I don't really care, I don't need to "compete" to own the server with a team.

There is plenty to enjoy in tibia either way.

Anything you do with your spare time that makes you happy, I say keep doing it. Regardless if it's for ten minutes per week or 6 hours per day. Play some Ravendawn if you want something similar; pretty sure the beginning stages are quicker paced don't quote me on that though.

With that in mind, I'm working on my server, bringing the old school but adapting it to today's life, so I'm thinking about setting a very low stamina to balance those who can play a few hours a day or only on weekends. (Of course, idlers will be able to level two or more different characters this way, they will still have an advantage.)
I'm still thinking about a cool stamina value for this

I am one of the people that have played Tibia around the 7.6 version and nowadays live an adult life. The desire for a good play in Tibia still exists in me. I imagine it exists in the same group of people too.
I keep thinking about an Open Server focused on busy people. One that wouldn't give too much advantage to people that grind 12h daily over people that plays 1~2h daily.
I want to hear your thoughts and ideas on that.

I have no idea exactly how it would be. People say Guild Wars 2 can be casually played. Playing it to "steal" some ideas would be a plan.
why not make a level 50 war server? there's no advantage only for fun. it's perfect for retired players imo

And I never said I don't have time, I just talked about creating game for people that don't have time. I only said that my life is upside down and I'm passing through a lot. But I'll fix it soon.

So read stuff before you make jokes of it :mad:
nobody was talking to u, read ops post... jesus christ

I am one of the people that have played Tibia around the 7.6 version and nowadays live an adult life. The desire for a good play in Tibia still exists in me. I imagine it exists in the same group of people too.
I keep thinking about an Open Server focused on busy people. One that wouldn't give too much advantage to people that grind 12h daily over people that plays 1~2h daily.

I have no idea exactly how it would be. People say Guild Wars 2 can be casually played. Playing it to "steal" some ideas would be a plan.
Play war servers

I've been building a server for 2 years, and it's still not online, but I have friends who say that the server should be easy because they have little time, so I'll tell you the same thing I told them. Players who don't have time to play simply either don't play, or play for as long as they have. because even if the server is 1x or 1000x the proportion of your level to that of the top level will be the same. Those who have time gain an advantage, those who don't, lose. It's like you say, "I work 12 hours a day, so my friend who works 1 hour a day must have the same salary as mine... that doesn't exist, you understand? ?

I've been building a server for 2 years, and it's still not online, but I have friends who say that the server should be easy because they have little time, so I'll tell you the same thing I told them. Players who don't have time to play simply either don't play, or play for as long as they have. because even if the server is 1x or 1000x the proportion of your level to that of the top level will be the same. Those who have time gain an advantage, those who don't, lose. It's like you say, "I work 12 hours a day, and my friend who works 1 hour a day in the same position earns more than me. How can I get the same salary with the same position?... that doesn't exist, you understand? ?
I've also been building my server project for a year and a half, and it's still not online. My players think I'm crazy for just tweaking and editing without ever releasing, and they even laugh at me. That's fine by me, but I see someone else doing the same thing with their project. They rushed to build it and rushed it online. As a result, many players encountered bugs, some features didn't work, etc. Players stopped playing, and the owner decided to stop the project and close it, haha. It's better to build the project with more time and put everything online without bugs and errors, rather than rushing the launch and complicating everything, that's why xD.

I've also been building my server project for a year and a half, and it's still not online. My players think I'm crazy for just tweaking and editing without ever releasing, and they even laugh at me. That's fine by me, but I see someone else doing the same thing with their project. They rushed to build it and rushed it online. As a result, many players encountered bugs, some features didn't work, etc. Players stopped playing, and the owner decided to stop the project and close it, haha. It's better to build the project with more time and put everything online without bugs and errors, rather than rushing the launch and complicating everything, that's why xD.
I'm almost finished, thank God, now just waiting for the site to be ready, and to start a beta... otherwise I tested almost everything myself.

About the "1-2 hour and want to start a server?"
I am gathering ideas. I am not sure whether opening the server would be worth it. And even if it is, I can work on it for like 2 years before releasing it.

About the "do X instead".
Thank you for worrying but I don't want advice on what to do with my life.

There is no such thing as a tibia for busy people neither any MMORPG which progression will wait for people who only play 1-2 hours a day or week or month.

But you are welcome to try shadecores which is opening 24 april.
It is a very slow paced and to try mimic old times with just few quality of life that i bet even cipsoft would want to add it if they had the knownledge or resources to do so in those times. The server itself will be hard so most hardcore players will be somewhat delayed on trying to powergaming 12hours or 24/7. Account sharing might happen tho and few rmt since these are stuff pretty hard to handle in ANY MMORPG, but it will still be hard. Never the less they will still be ahead, but it will feel like old times when took years to eternal oblivion to get lvl 300 or bubble or other ppl which i not remember names now.

There is no such thing as a tibia for busy people neither any MMORPG which progression will wait for people who only play 1-2 hours a day or week or month.

But you are welcome to try shadecores which is opening 24 april.
It is a very slow paced and to try mimic old times with just few quality of life that i bet even cipsoft would want to add it if they had the knownledge or resources to do so in those times. The server itself will be hard so most hardcore players will be somewhat delayed on trying to powergaming 12hours or 24/7. Account sharing might happen tho and few rmt since these are stuff pretty hard to handle in ANY MMORPG, but it will still be hard. Never the less they will still be ahead, but it will feel like old times when took years to eternal oblivion to get lvl 300 or bubble or other ppl which i not remember names now.
This kind of server like Tibiantis favour a LOT the crackheads with lots of free time to play.

This kind of server like Tibiantis favour a LOT the crackheads with lots of free time to play.
It depends mostly. I would say easy servers are really not for casuals who play 1-2hr a day, unless they just don't like to progress or have some sort of progression feeling achievement in a MMO at all.
I would assume he wants to have a progress achievement, but if he justs wants to war log or something of the sort, few baiak or orshaot are easy find in otservlist, like realera, nolstarius etc

Please just don't do a MMORPG. The last time I had fun with MMO was when I had free time.
Basically this. MMORPG and grinding are almost Synonyms, and grinding means that crackheads with free time gets ahead. I am yet to find a MMORPG that won't rely on grinding, doubt there is any. Only this tibiaidle.com project seems promising so far as it could mean nobody grinds for XP , just idles

Back