• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia market discussion

hisoka fail

Reaction score
The otservers have survived time, but over time it is increasingly common to see otservers emptying out, either due to players 'frustration or the managers' lack of competence. In view of this, I have some doubts about the otserver market in general.

1- Is there still room for new servers on the market ???

2- Is the Otserver still profitable ??

3- How to grow an new otserver these days ??

4- Good and innovative servers are really rewarded by the community (considering that many play tibias that are simply download of datapack, while servers that demanded more time and effort are empty ...)

5- Which countries are stronger in the tibia market

1. yes
2. If the only reason is money to make a server, good luck.
3. Advertisement. Or players talking about your server because its good and you built it with passion. Its easy to see what kind of owner it is.
3. Do not 'fake online players'. Be true and honest.
4. I believe that players wish to play Tibia, and if you change Tibia to Open Tibia and then change Open Tibia to Custom Game, its not Tibia anymore. And that player base is smaller than people who wish to explore latest content to real tibia.
5. no idea

1. yes
2. If the only reason is money to make a server, good luck.
3. Advertisement. Or players talking about your server because its good and you built it with passion. Its easy to see what kind of owner it is.
3. Do not 'fake online players'. Be true and honest.
4. I believe that players wish to play Tibia, and if you change Tibia to Open Tibia and then change Open Tibia to Custom Game, its not Tibia anymore. And that player base is smaller than people who wish to explore latest content to real tibia.
5. no idea
Money is not the only reason, but to do a decent thing, youy need reciving money for that, i don't think that one thing you do in your spare time, when you're not tired, becomes very good.

There are plenty of people waiting in the wings for something they are interested in.

I would say the best way is a good story line, new systems for unseen content. Plenty of character advancements. It should be amazing to get a new item to make your character stronger. No pay-2-win.

The only donations should be for cosmetics. You can do VIP for access to new areas of the map but it shouldn't give any advantage over non-vip (less populated areas). You could even make VIP spells, ect. that are strictly cosmetic (look cooler, w/e)

The main problem is most server open when they are like 10% done. People don't wait around for them to be fixed. People get lazy and don't create new/great content because they already have a player base, so they decline.

If you actually take your time, create an amazing server with a lot of features and don't release it until there is plenty of content, ect. It will go great and plenty of people will come out of retirement for it.

You can spend 10 years working on something that isn't great in the first place so no one will join. Thats just how it works. Either you have a good idea or you dont.

There are plenty of people waiting in the wings for something they are interested in.

I would say the best way is a good story line, new systems for unseen content. Plenty of character advancements. It should be amazing to get a new item to make your character stronger. No pay-2-win.

The only donations should be for cosmetics. You can do VIP for access to new areas of the map but it shouldn't give any advantage over non-vip (less populated areas). You could even make VIP spells, ect. that are strictly cosmetic (look cooler, w/e)

The main problem is most server open when they are like 10% done. People don't wait around for them to be fixed. People get lazy and don't create new/great content because they already have a player base, so they decline.

If you actually take your time, create an amazing server with a lot of features and don't release it until there is plenty of content, ect. It will go great and plenty of people will come out of retirement for it.

You can spend 10 years working on something that isn't great in the first place so no one will join. Thats just how it works. Either you have a good idea or you dont.
You can say, whats the best datapack for beggining? (without crash, and most comums bugs).

What I meant with the #2 was that money shouldnt be the only thing driving someone to host a server :)
I know that it cost money to keep it running, with electricity etc, and thats fine, get a shop and sell a few cosmetics, but if it goes out of hand with god-like items. nah.

1- Is there still room for new servers on the market ???

2- Is the Otserver still profitable ??

3- How to grow an new otserver these days ??

4- Good and innovative servers are really rewarded by the community (considering that many play tibias that are simply download of datapack, while servers that demanded more time and effort are empty ...)

5- Which countries are stronger in the tibia market
1. yes
2. anything is profitable if you know how to do it
3. just make a decent/different one and people will spread the word, and paid advertisement
4. there are many kind of players, the "most populated" servers are the ones that allows bots and encourage multiclient in order to players to get some kind of bonus, they have just numbers but not much real players, you need to chose what kind of number you want to have
5. the same as always, br, pl and the rest

Back