• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia not Tibia - Development Thread

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
k9wdMyb.png

Tibia not Tibia (TnT) is a server that I've been working on in my free time for the past month. Today I want to share some stuff and get some opinions. Overall due to my private life situation and not much time to spare o such side projects, development is slow so there is no expected release date at all. Also I'm not gonna bother with mobile client.

What is TnT? Well... its not Tibia as you know. There are no items, no monsters, no map to explore, no quests to do and no NPCs to talk to. What there is however are bunch of games that you can play. As of now, there is 1 game that is finished and 2nd is in development. You can also play multiple games at once.

1. Tibia Idle Adventure, TIA
This one is pretty simple. You create your character, select specialization (bonus perks) and start playing. There are multiple locations that you can travel to, each location having unique list of monsters that you can encounter. Battle is automatic, you character moves on its own and occasionally encounters monster(s) (up to 3), basic attack is used automatically and spells can be cast by hand or set to auto cast. Killing monsters gives you gold, exp and sometimes diamonds (universal currency across all games). There are tasks to complete, there is crafting, merging items to for better ones, upgrading stats, hatching mounts and more.
otclient_gl_Q0tTzEqukN.gif
otclient_gl_dxichVsFs4.gif
otclient_gl_KA8jffwRHY.gif
otclient_gl_ujNmiGctGz.gif

2. Tibia Dungeon Crawler, TDC (in development)
This one is way more complex and supports party (co-op) play. You enter dungeons that have randomly generated road with various events: monsters encounter (1-3, boss), wandering merchant (sells and buys items), statue of power (different statues, different effects) and random event (won't know what's there until approached). Currently 6 classes are available, each having own unique bonus and different starting attributes. There is a Forge available that can be used to unlock more items that you can find on your adventures (and in merchants stock). Battle is turn based so its a more active gameplay compared to TIA.
otclient_gl_1AAuCTarVB.gif
q3Mn8VZ.gif
Battle

3. Tibia Cards Game, TCG (todo)
4. Tibia Auto Chess, TAC (todo)
5. Tibia NPC Simulator, TNS (todo)
... and more

Last edited:
k9wdMyb.png

Tibia not Tibia (TnT) is a server that I've been working on in my free time for the past month. Today I want to share some stuff and get some opinions. Overall due to my private life situation and not much time to spare o such side projects, development is slow so there is no expected release date at all. Also I'm not gonna bother with mobile client.

What is TnT? Well... its not Tibia as you know. There are no items, no monsters, no map to explore, no quests to do and no NPCs to talk to. What there is however are bunch of games that you can play. As of now, there is 1 game that is finished and 2nd is in development. You can also play multiple games at once.

This one is pretty simple. You create your character, select specialization (bonus perks) and start playing. There are multiple locations that you can travel to, each location having unique list of monsters that you can encounter. Battle is automatic, you character moves on its own and occasionally encounters monster(s) (up to 3), basic attack is used automatically and spells can be cast by hand or set to auto cast. Killing monsters gives you gold, exp and sometimes diamonds (universal currency across all games). There are tasks to complete, there is crafting, merging items to for better ones, upgrading stats, hatching mounts and more.
hrRMvEB.gif
uczNbfq.gif
6utkcKM.gif
sWDEXYk.gif

2. Tibia Dungeon Crawler, TDC (in development)
This one is way more complex and supports party (co-op) play. You enter dungeons that have randomly generated road with various events: monsters encounter (1-3, boss), wandering merchant (sells and buys items), statue of power (different statues, different effects) and random event (won't know what's there until approached). Currently 6 classes are available, each having own unique bonus and different starting attributes. There is a Forge available that can be used to unlock more items that you can find on your adventures (and in merchants stock). Battle is turn based so its a more active gameplay compared to TIA.
d1Xaj7j.gif
uvzNCbI.gif
vWyF4N0.gif

3. Tibia Cards Game, TCG (todo)
4. Tibia Auto Chess, TAC (todo)
5. Tibia NPC Simulator, TNS (todo)
... and more
Amazing work bro, I have played a lot of games in this style on mobile and I believe it makes a lot of sense within this context or as a minigame within a complete server, I imagine how cool it would be to be able to send my familiar on mission...

Btw there is some broken images in your post.

Awesome!!
I would see myself playing this while working on other stuff.

Loving the Dungeon Crawler Character Creation!

This is super cool and inspiring that you do this based on OTS! One day you can even change sprites and launch as your own idle game cause why not! Keep us up to date with your updates! Best wishes to finish it properly on what you have in mind! Also, do you use like regular OT server and this is legit multiplayer or all the damages and stuff is inclient?

Also, do you use like regular OT server and this is legit multiplayer or all the damages and stuff is inclient?
Its all server sided. TDC is even designed to be a co-op game where you play with other players. Some games are singleplayer (still sever handles stuff), some have both, some are only multiplayer and some will be PvP only.

This runs like a normal Tibia, its just that there are no Tibia related thing other than graphics. Players will spawn in a closed space (like a temple), pick a spot to sit in and enjoy the games.

When you say this is normal Tibia you mean it is Open Tibia client and Open Tibia server behind the scenes in the end or its something other than that?

When you say this is normal Tibia you mean it is Open Tibia client and Open Tibia server behind the scenes in the end or its something other than that?
Yesh. TFS 1.4.2 stripped of unnecessary features to make it as lightweight as possible and OTC as the client.
1709666519378.png

you finally doing what I asked you to do thousand times nice.

[...] There are no items, no monsters, no map to explore, no quests to do and no NPCs to talk to. [...]

[...] There are multiple locations that you can travel to, each location having unique list of monsters that you can encounter. [...] Killing monsters gives you gold, exp and sometimes diamonds (universal currency across all games). There are tasks to complete, there is crafting, merging items to for better ones, upgrading stats, hatching mounts and more. [...]
Ok bro 😅

But seriously looks nice, for me most interesting is that dungeon crawler and auto chess. I would like to see some custom ot server running auto chess, would be a great fun (with some bots available if there are not enough real players). Btw, in a dungeon crawler is there any sense of progressing? Is there any other goal than cleaning all dungeons?

Hahaha :D Yeah, I should have stated that I meant that these are not present in a normal, Tibia way 🤣

Btw, in a dungeon crawler is there any sense of progressing? Is there any other goal than cleaning all dungeons?
Yeah, depending on where you end up, you might be fighting Rats or Demons, so grinding level and better items and upgrading them will be necessary. Rats don't have spells so the fight is easy, but something like a Demon will require more thought into what you should do. I have ideas for a bunch of cool spell mechanics that you will have to learn to counter (as well as use properly).

Back