• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia on a Netbook

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently obtained a Netbook so I can keep in-touch without having to lug around a large laptop. I already took out the 160GB hdd and gave it a nice 32GB OCZ SSD. I also plan on upgrading the RAM from 1gb to 2gb soon.

My netbook is an Asus EEE pc 1101HA. I've also installed Windows XP professional x32 fresh.

My current issue is, Tibia (and OTClient) aren't reaching more than 5-6 FPS and it feels like I'm watching a slideshow when I walk.

F8MDNRk.jpg

I've installed all of the drivers from the Asustek website. And can't think of anything else.

Anyone have any ideas? Does anybody have Tibia/OTClient running decently on a Netbook? I understand it's not a performance PC and nothing even close to a formidable gaming PC. But I imagine it should be able to run Tibia/OTClient, unless I'm sadly mistaken.

Thank you for reading,
Red

I can't run Tibia with more than 10 fps on my netbook either. I think it's because of the crappy graphics card that doesn't support something vital. When i go to graphic options on tibia i can only choose directx5 open gl and directx9 are gray and can't be pressed.

Check if your graphic card supports directx9.
Try running Tibia client with high priority.
Close as many background applications as you can and run Tibia on full screen and you can max out to 10 fps

From what I can read you'r graphic card suck! It can't handle more then just video from what I can understand. Tried any other game?

To ensure the best possible playing experience we recommend that your computer should have a CPU of 500 MHz or better as well as a 3D accelerated video graphics adapter (e.g. cards with ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce chipsets).

Your graphics card:
The graphics core is based on a licensed PowerVR SGX core (Power VR SGX535 as in the Apple A4) and is clocked with 100 (UL11L) or 200 MHz

Check if your graphic card supports directx9.
Try running Tibia client with high priority.
Close as many background applications as you can and run Tibia on full screen and you can max out to 10 fps

Tried all of those. FPS didn't raise at all :(

From what I can read you'r graphic card suck! It can't handle more then just video from what I can understand. Tried any other game?

Haha well I knew that. :p And I haven't tried any other game. I don't care much for other games, I just want to be able to explore a world.

To ensure the best possible playing experience we recommend that your computer should have a CPU of 500 MHz or better as well as a 3D accelerated video graphics adapter (e.g. cards with ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce chipsets).

Your graphics card:
The graphics core is based on a licensed PowerVR SGX core (Power VR SGX535 as in the Apple A4) and is clocked with 100 (UL11L) or 200 MHz

Where did you find the information about what's recommended? I'm just hesitant to think the Netbook can't get at least 20 FPS. I had a 15" laptop from 2004 that used to get 20-25 FPS.

Edit: Gz on second bar :D

Red

Where did you find the information about what's recommended? I'm just hesitant to think the Netbook can't get at least 20 FPS. I had a 15" laptop from 2004 that used to get 20-25 FPS.

Edit: Gz on second bar :D

Red

Thank you :)

Well i did some research when i wanted to play Tibia on my netbook. I can run many games but not tibia :p
Tibia system requirements are under F.A.Q section. Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Support

Have you tried to overclock the video chip by a few MHz?

Overclocked the processor to 30%. There was a slight increase in FPS, but the Netbook became really unstable.

Thanks,
Red

To be honest, Red, Netbooks aren't designed for gaming of any kind. The lowest specifications I would recommend for any form of gaming would be the following:

Intel Core i7-3630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

You're looking at about $1,200 system with these specs. And if you have good credit you can use the Dell Preferred Account and pay as little as $20 a month with free financing for a year. That's what I did! ;)

Good luck brother,
J.Dre

P.S. I know someone selling a 14" gaming laptop with great specs for about $1,300 shipped via PayPal. It is new, hasn't been used. PM me if you want more information.

@ J.Dre

Intel I7 for playing tibia? Even an I3 will run Tibia fine. You will need an I7 for running bigger games, not for Tibia.
You can play tibia with a more crappy video card aswell, but the 600 series of Nvidea will do fine indeed.
And you wont need 8gb of ram for Tibia, 4gb will do fine aswell.

@ J.Dre

Intel I7 for playing tibia? Even an I3 will run Tibia fine. You will need an I7 for running bigger games, not for Tibia.
You can play tibia with a more crappy video card aswell, but the 600 series of Nvidea will do fine indeed.
And you wont need 8gb of ram for Tibia, 4gb will do fine aswell.

I3 for tibia?
I run tibia on a pentium 4.

Back