• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia ot server 8.54 Error starting up server.

mackan0113

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Getting these issues when starting up my otserv in 2020. Any1 out there that can help me out with this?

Attachments

I see. Do you have src folder in your datapack?

There are two ways of fixing the problem.
1. redirecting the server to localhost through hex editor and hosting empty xml files there
2. removing the check for these files and compiling again

I see. Do you have src folder in your datapack?

There are two ways of fixing the problem.
1. redirecting the server to localhost through hex editor and hosting empty xml files there
2. removing the check for these files and compiling again
Thanks! I think no.1 might be the easiest approach given I never compiled the application from source in the first place. Btw, do you know what the xml files it is trying to reach contains? Blacklist? Version? Would it accept an empty xml file or will I need to write something to it?
Post automatically merged:

This tfs is very old my friend, I suggested that use a more current one ... Did you press Y and press enter?
I did press "Y" but it crashed

Some script might be crashing it. You would have to comment scripts in actions.xml, movements.xml, etc. with <!-- --> and slowly reenabling them until you find the one that crashes your server.

Some script might be crashing it. You would have to comment scripts in actions.xml, movements.xml, etc. with <!-- --> and slowly reenabling them until you find the one that crashes your server.
Thank you, will check them out, its pretty strange becuase havent changed any files there.
Post automatically merged:

C++:
// load item data
    std::cout << ">> Loading items" << std::endl;
    if (!Item::items.loadFromOtb("data/items/items.otb")) {
        startupErrorMessage("Unable to load items (OTB)!");
        return;
    }

if (!Item::items.loadFromXml()) {
        startupErrorMessage("Unable to load items (XML)!");
        return;
    }

std::cout << ">> Loading script systems" << std::endl;
    if (!ScriptingManager::getInstance().loadScriptSystems()) {
        startupErrorMessage("Failed to load script systems");
        return;
    }

std::cout << ">> Loading lua scripts" << std::endl;
    if (!g_scripts->loadScripts("scripts", false, false)) {
        startupErrorMessage("Failed to load lua scripts");
        return;
    }

This is the source code. Since i do not get the message "Failed to load script systems" its seems like it crashes during !ScriptingManager::getInstance().loadScriptSystems()

Hmm... why?

// mackan0113

Last edited:
idk man. I'm a scripter, not a clairvoyant. As I wrote - try disabling all scripts through commenting them in xml files, then enabling them again to find out which one is crashing your server.

Back