• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tibia Questions] Custom OTServer - Equipments

magoale1

Reaction score
Im making a OTServer but something concern me.. Why all Tibia default armors have soo low status? I got a jumpscare when i saw that Firesoul Tabard only got 18 armor, 4 distant fighting and 8 fire protection need LEVEL 200 TO WEAR... is that too much things? because im making some armors that got 40-60 armor points.

In TFS, armor formula is working like subtracting damage dealt by monsters.
Here is default formula from sources:
C++:
double armorFormula = armorValue * 0.475;
so if you put higher values for example: 60 (in one piece, for example: armor) , every monster physical damage is reduced by 60*0.475 = 28.5 ~ 28.
And.. this is only armor (left are: helmet, legs, boots)
Maybe in RL Tibia armor formula is different that's why they got low values in armor, etc.

Think about the game design, if tibia armors where much better no one would ever die, it's bad enough as it is, toughness increases much more then offensive power in tibia, think how easy it is for 2 level 20 to kill 1 level 20, and how insufferable easy it is for a level 100 to escape 2 level 100.The importance of armor is more related to economics, it wont make much difference for max combo potential, but it can mean the difference between farming freely or having to invest resources like runes or potions in a given hunting spot. The armors you wanna implement would make a lot of content plain trivial, and make low-level ganking groups just useless.
I'm not saying it can not be done or that it is a stupid idea but be aware of all the moving parts before you implement something so drastic.

Im making a OTServer but something concern me.. Why all Tibia default armors have soo low status? I got a jumpscare when i saw that Firesoul Tabard only got 18 armor, 4 distant fighting and 8 fire protection need LEVEL 200 TO WEAR... is that too much things? because im making some armors that got 40-60 armor points.
redo as you see fit, cipsoft's system is already crap, it's not balanced

Back