• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Sound Project

Mike "riff"

Reaction score
I formally announce the start of the Tibia Sound Project for OTClient and Tibia Client.

This will be a 3 year project to bring complete sound immersion to tibia, if CIP doesn't beat me to it. All creature will have independent sounds and a data base for storing updating and saving these files will be created. I have 3 years to devote to this project and motivation to see it through. I will accept limited assistance but I am looking into this field as a potential occupation so will have to do most of the work myself. This will incorporate a new Smart Pthread Manager that will free resources back to main thread. This is the one area where assistance would be accepted.

Stage one) Add a simple singular creature sound and trigger and test it.

Stage two) Decide if the old sound library needs to be changed. I am looking to simplify the existing sound engine and I am presently leaning toward SFML and MS Direct Sound for simplicity . I want to limit my commands and let the libraries do most of the work and improve my knowledge of a library for future growth.

Stage three) Build and create an open catalog with the community for updating. I know the daunting task this is 60,000 + sound for creatures, actions, effects, and music to be sampled and made. I am musician and will use already written but unpublished work.

Stage four) Build a smart pthread manager that will keep the main thread hopefully free and clear. I have to do this because adding additional work load will stress the existing system.

Stage five) Publish the project offering it it free to CIP and OT.

It is always been on my mind to hear Tibia sounds from the first time I played Tibia to now and I am shocked it hasn't been done. This is opportunity to do something useful and give back what joy the game has given.
peace

Back