• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ TibiaCAM - how?

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
A while ago I played an otserver (I don't remember the name).it had a "tibiacam" system, every time you logged in, it recorded everything you did, until you logged out again.The 5 last logins you made would always be saved and then the videos would overlap.what system is this? Does it exist here in Otland?

Whenever you typed acc/password, the 05 last recordings appeared (which were your 05 last logins).
and you could select what you wanted to watch

Print:

The name of this otserver is Retrocores. I think Realesta has this system too.

Both is the cam system which was developed by Kondra, and as far I know it is not available anymore.

If someone is interested on it, you may have similar results by merging the Server side CAM system by @Gesior.pl and the Server side cam system by @Lyu

The Gesior's one saves the packets on server side disk, the Lyu's one store and play the packets on server memory. The changes necessary would be to change the Lyu's code to read from the disk files from the Gesior's system, which would stream to client.
Of course you would need to adapt and code more stuff, but in a very general way, this is it.

Both is the cam system which was developed by Kondra
My cam system only records cams on server. To play them, you got to download file from server and type some commands in OTCv8 terminal.
These cams are mostly to analyse bots and check why someone had 'debug' in client.

Kondra's cam system also records cams on server side, but it also includes Python application 'server side cam player', which allow people to 'login into cams' and it send packets from .cam file, so you do not have to download .cam files.

Kondra's cam system includes fast-forward feature. It adds 'login packet' to .cam every 30 seconds, so it's possible to skip XX minutes of cam and send only last 30 seconds of packets.

To forward movie in my cam system, you have to send all packets from X minute to Y minute, often few MB at once - not a big problem, when you play it as local .cam file in OTCv8, it just have to copy packets in RAM of OTCv8.
If you try to run my .cam file on server side with some app that 'allow players to login into cams' (it was around 300 lines in Python, easy to create), sending X MB of data will make it freez for few seconds.

Kondra's cam system records .cams on HDD, not into RAM, but Python application 'server side cam player' loads .cam file into RAM to play it. It can easily consume GBs of RAM. That's why most servers keep 'server side cam player' on separate VPS.

Back