• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TibiaLife - Cops vs Robbers vs Civilians. 40+ New Features! Drugs,Robbery,Jail,Bounties,Mining,etc.

Candlejack

Don't hug me I'm scared
Reaction score
tiblife.png

Alpha 1.0 Teaser
This video doesn't do much justice for showing off the cool features of this OT - But it's better than nothing :)
What is TibiaLife?
TibiaLife is a Role Play game where the fun comes from player interaction. As you enter into the game world your first goal is to generate income. You start with a "Pay Check" that generates 500 Gold every 30 minutes. But, it'll take more than that to survive in the big city. The game is what you make it to be. You can become a cop and stop bad guys, you can be an adventurer and hunt big game for gold and glory, you can be a thief, a drug dealer, harvest human organs, you can be a bounty hunter, an honest diamond miner or you can even run for Governor of the whole island! There is so much to do in this OT! Check out the Features List!

Features
These are the features already done in the alpha :)

*Governor - Players can elect a governor of the island. Players will be the governor until they die or are assassinated.
*Laws - Governor can set and change any of the laws!
*Large island - We've made a large island for players to explore. We will continue to expand and build the map as new features come available.
*Fully Custom Bounty System - Doing criminal activities gives you a bounty. Cops can see your criminal charges.
*Players can be cops - Cops can fine players and sell them to jail. They can also tase and handcuff players.
*Bounty Hunters - Players can be bounty hunters and capture wanted players for money.
*Rebel Base - Players can be rebels and buy items and get services that help in various criminal activities.
*Robbery - Players can rob other players.
*Bank Robbery - Players can rob banks and receive items to sell to the black market for huge profits.
*Organ Harvesting - Players can harvest organs from dead players and sell to the black market for huge profits
*Black Market - Use the black market to sell and buy items you can't sell or buy anywhere else such as livers and bank notes.
*Adventurers Guild - Players can join the adventurers guild and hunt big game for profits.
*Hunting - Players can hunt for profits
*Jail System - Players can be sent to jail by cops if they are wanted for crimes.
*Fines - Players can be fined by cops and must pay off their fines in court.
*Jail Break! - Players can buy a C4 charge and break other players out of jail.
*Cops can search you - Cops can search players with the players consent to see if he has illegal items.
*Check Points - Cops can set up check points at areas on the main roads to search players as they pass.
*Mining - Players can mine, process and sell Gold, Iron and Diamonds for a living.
*Drugs - Players can Gather, Process and Sell drugs like Weed, Heroin and Cocaine.
*Lumberjack - Players can become a lumberjack and harvest and sell lumber for a living.
*Licenses - Players must buy licenses to use certain weapons.
*Books and Training Services - You can use gold to buy books to gain experience and levels. You can use Skill Trainers to train your weapon skills
*Restraining - Players can use special items to restrain other players. Handcuffs, Ropes, etc...
*Hunger and Thirst - You HAVE to eat in this OT to survive. If your hunger or thirst bar gets to 0 you will die of either hunger or dehydration.
*Marriage - Get married! :D

Features Coming Soon
*Arena
*Baking
*Business Owning
*Cannibal ~ Harvest human meat and eat it D:

What is the GamePlay like?
You decide to make an honest living harvest oranges and selling them to the local farmer. After you've saved up 5,000 gold from this you decide it's time to make more money. You decide mining iron is the way to go. You purchase a pick and begin to mine iron. Now that you've mined some ore you need to process it to Iron Ingots to sell to the Metal Trader. On your way to the processing plant a cop noticed you were carrying a pick (Cops can see your inventory). He asks you to stop and asks to see your Iron Processing License. The Governor (also a player) has set a law so that without a license you can not legally mine, process or sell iron. You weren't aware of the new laws! The police fines you and confiscates your iron ore.

You head back to the city to buy a license. But, oh no! It's 15k for a license! You don't have that money. Desperate for some quick cash you see a drug dealer in the slums. To pull yourself out of your current financial lack you decide to sell weed. Before you know it you're rolling on cash! You start selling harder drugs like cocaine and heroin. You're raking it money by the thousands and your name starts to get known through the island.Soon, however, you have a bounty on your head. You goto the Rebel Base to check your bounty. Word has it that you're wanted and the cop or bounty hunter who catches you will receive a reward of 45,000 gold! You have two options, hide or pay the NPC Shady Swashbuckler to get your bounty removed. Unfortunately you're not known enough in the Rebels Guild to receive such a service from Shady Swashbuckler. So you decide to lay low. Things are going good until you encounter 3 bounty hunters. One tases you and knocks you to the ground. Another runs up and ties you up so you can't escape.

Your life of crime is over. You're going to jail and all your criminal items, licenses and gold is confiscated. While in jail you meet another player who was thrown in jail for harvesting livers from dead players. He said once he gets out he's joining the Adventurers Guild to make legal income by hunting big game. He invites you to come with him. Tougher monsters are hard to fight alone but yield greater profits.

As you're talking. BOOM! An explosion! Alarms are going off! A notorious criminal was in jail with you, and his friends are breaking him out of jail! You have a decision to make now. Escape with him and run or serve your time and join the adventurers guild. What will you choose?

About the Project?

My fondest memories of Tibia are not the monsters I've killed but the interaction I've had with other players. This OT is an attempt to bring Role Play and Player Interaction back. This project is something I've been working on along side another OT called TibiaZ which is a zombie survival OT. I was working out features in TibiaZ and this Project was birthed out of it. I haven't given up on TibiaZ or killed the Project. If anything the features in this OT will enhance it.

I plan to host both of them at the same time. I'm very inspired to make Tibia into something it's never been before while not making it too complicated to just jump in and play!. These OT's are my attempt at doing this. I hope you all enjoy it and leave your feedback :)

Last edited:
I am - This is mainly because this was a hobby. I was going to just release scripts to the public instead of my own OT. Things have changed since then. I will probably spend a few days converting this whole project to a new version. Either way, I wanted the communities opinion about this project. Would it be something you'd be interested in playing from what you've seen in the thread? :p

I had to LOL at the liver selling bit and the stash of cocain in the video. Creative stuff, put a smile on my face.

Looks creative, but perhaps trying it would be way better so I can comment about it.

Greetings, Liro.

Lol! Thank you for the feedback! Just added a feature today that allows players to *hide* 1 item so cops can't see it when they search them. So if a cop stops you and you have a few drugs on you you can quickly hide it on your body. It also isn't removed when they are sent to jail. This way players can sneak shivs into jail if they feel like they need protection while behind bars. :)
Don't ask *where* you hide it. LOL

This looks amazing!

I 100% will test this when it comes out. I love new ideas and this is a completely new game. Not many people are willing to do the work to make a completely new game like this.

Hahaha seems nice, but you should make another video... Why in hell your client in the video is "shaking"? :confused:

Most of the jobs work in 3 steps.

First off, you buy a license for most jobs. Let's say you want to mine diamonds. You'd need to get a license to mine, process and sell diamonds. Then it's simple.

1. Get a pick and mine the rough diamonds.
2. Goto a diamond processor and process rough diamonds into flawless diamonds (it takes 10 seconds per rough diamonds. If you have a lot it will take awhile, you can always go back later to pick your diamonds up)
3. Sell flawless diamonds for profit!

You technically CAN mine diamonds without a license but if a cop catches you you will get a fine and your tools confiscated. That being said, you can't go to a diamond processor and process your diamond without a license. The NPC will refuse you.

This method works with mining iron and gold as well as drugs. Let's say you want to make money selling weed. First you'd goto a Drug Lord and buy a license to be allowed to harvest, process and sell weed. Then,
1. Get a scythe and gather cannabis.
2. Goto weed processor and process the cannabis to weed (again this takes time)
3. Sell weed to a drug dealer and make a profit!

Jobs like this are the basic way to make money. Some jobs do not require a license, and there are many other ways to make money. You can be a bounty hunter and catch criminal players and receive their bounty. You can be a criminal and harvest organs or rob stores/banks. You can steal from players. You can hijack diamond miners before they sell their load. You can own a business and generate money that way.

:) This map will be pretty useful for people who are going to play.
mcq685.jpg

And don't feel overwhelmed by all the features. You don't have to master them all to be good at the game. Find something you like to do and make money doing that. This is an RP server! :) Part of the fun of this server is discovering new things and interacting with other players.

Last edited:
Couldn't the cops just camp outside of the drug lords place and arrest everyone that they find there?

Not just 'anyone' can be a cop immediately. That would ruin the game completely.
I have a small team of people who will be our first cops. After that players can apply and then get trained.
But the main requirement is to be a good role player.
Cops have to 'pretend' they don't know where the criminal areas are (drug processors, drug dealers, etc)
They can go into these areas if they're chasing a bandit. But they're not allowed to camp these areas. They'll lose their badge.

A cop also can't see if you even have a bounty unless he has you detained. And to detain you he has to have a good reason (you have to have committed a crime, or the cop has a witness that you've committed a crime, or he has good reason to believe you've committed one).
Also if a cop abuses his powers just to make money by sending you to jail without following procedure he will get deported (banned).

IF the cop camps a criminal area, stops you and detains you for no reason, searches you without your permission, or sends you to jail without initiating role play and telling you 'why' you're going to jail. You can contact the Governor or Police Chief if you want too. (Jail isn't always a big deal really, there's stuff to do in there) He can teleport you to his Manor or Police HQ with the cop and judge the matter. If the cop was out of line you can get your charges dropped.

17sdxk.jpg

There are also other ways to report an abusive cop and get reimbursed if you were wronged.

Playing as a 'cop' is really for more advanced players. That's why I've given people the option to be a Bounty Hunter (Sort of like a cop but not as strict). Once someone is a bounty hunter they can get the name of a bounty that's only and track him down and arrest him for their bounty money. Bounty Hunters can only capture the person assigned to them, not just any bounty.

Hey, IMO it looks good and fun, but there are two major flaws, the first one is you have no judges and no way to know what actually happened when in a conflict (e.g between a cop and a thief). The other one is the governor, if he is a player then he shouldn't be allowed to do just whatever, there should be some rules he cannot disobey (sth like a constitution). This is of course if you want it to be somehow "clearer", else anarchy ftw.
Also, maybe you should hide more of those "illegal" NPCs, make some other routes to reach illegal areas of the map and of course keep a strict eye on cops.
Plus, money should be way more important than it is on Tibia, and levels are obtained via ...?
You should really think through before releasing it, try to make it as flawless as possible, or else it will be a total disaster at last.

I agree, I am doing a lot of thinking. I don't want the release to be a disaster - I do have a good bit of cash to put into the release for advertising. The game sounds deep, but it's really as deep as you want it to be. The average player won't care who's governor or who's cop unless it's interfering with his own goals.

Governors
Governors can be good or corrupt. If they're good the Rebels will want to assassinate him (a governor that doesnt have a bounty and isn't corrupt drops an item that can be sold on the black market for a lot of cash). It's normally good that a governor who wins an election has friends who can protect him. If they're bad the cops will want to take him out and arrest him (a corrupt governor begins to collect a bounty, once he is arrested the cops will get a load of cash). Governors can change the some of the 'laws' of the server (they can make weed legal, for example), but if they do not help enforce pre-existing laws (the ones that will be posted on the website) or begin to break laws they will be corrupt.

Players can see the governor laws by just typing !laws. But governors can not change the server rules. There are God Laws (Server Rules) and Island Laws (Laws the Police Enforce). Governors can not change God Laws. Anyone guilty of breaking God Laws will be dealt with by the Gods (Game Masters)

That being said there is a lot to do on this server. The average player won't have to worry about most of this stuff unless they want too. They will spend their time making money, leveling, getting gear, getting outfits and making their own experiences through role play. People can be an average citizen and deal a little weed and dip their feet in crime without being a full fledged outlaw. Advanced players can move on to be police, governors, etc..

Adventurers Guild & Leveling
Levels can be gained by clearing dungeons for the Adventurers Guild or buying books that give you xp when you use them. Adventurers Guild is a totally optional way of leveling and getting gear. You join for a small fee, then buy passes to run different dungeons. Each dungeon rewards you with special armor for completing it. You can only complete it once. Through the dungeon you collect Adventurers Tokens. These can be sold for cash, or saved to purchase the Adventurers Guild Outfit.

There are other ways to gain levels. Joining the Hunters Guild to hunt Big Game is another great way to get XP and Cash. There are a few spawns in the game world that you can just go hunt for some levels if you're totally bored.

Adventurers Guild is located in the city of Kavala.
11174980_951044008260775_5385404315820017528_n.jpg

You should make the NPCs able to fight.

Give the "Drug Lord" his own Henchmen that protect him.

There can be a few NPC Police running around and a few NPC Criminals running around in case no one is online.

(You could even make the NPCs have monsters guarding them, if you don't want to go through the trouble of making NPCs with Combat AI)

Back