• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibian - An OTServ List for 2020

zippoxer

Reaction score
Dear OTLanders,

I want to present the case for a new OTServ List for 2020.

A Short & Long History

Otservlist.org has been stuck in place for 12 years already. It's ugly, boring and isn't likely to change improve soon.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words

otservlist(1).png

12 years have passed, and we got a new advertisement! Yay!

I love the Open Tibia community, and I think we deserve better.

Small Beginnings

Honestly, I'm not planning to develop an OTServ list from scratch.
Server owners will not magically appear and post a thousand servers.

Otservlist.org is still king, and I will take from it.
Tibian will show servers from otservlist.org but servers owners will be able to advertise their server in ways they couldn't on otservlist.org.

For Server Owners
  • Post screenshots.
  • Say which map you're running (Real / Evo / YurOts / Custom / ...)
  • Share the download link for your custom client.
For Players
  • Discuss & Review: An admin is abusive? The server is pay-to-win? You can leave a Tibian review to encourage others not to play.
    (Login with Google/Facebook required to protect against fake reviews)

• One-click Registration: Register to servers with your Tibian account, like login with Google!
    (Only for servers that integrated the Tibian account script)

• Advanced Search: Search by map type, server rating from reviews, experience, mode and age (how many months or years it's running).

I would LOVE to hear any ideas from you guys to help server owners as well as to players deciding which server to play.

A First Step

Here's a screenshot of what I've done in ~3 hours:

1586355045439.png

What I like about this design

Feels 2020. Country flags are big and beautiful, text is comfy to read, clients are one-click to download, ratings and other features coming soon.

----------------------------------

What do you guys think? Are you excited to switch from otservlist.org to something fresh for 2020, or maybe you don't even care?

Love,
Zippo

Attachments

• 1586354517536.png
    1586354517536.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 151 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
If the review system is not abused and unified accounts for server/list works and gets popular it will be a big step forward.

Otservlist don't have to change anything its basically just a page to find an open tibia server to play on.

If the review system is not abused and unified accounts for server/list works and gets popular it will be a big step forward.

Thanks for bringing this up!

I'd most likely require you to login with Google/Facebook before leaving a review, as well as solving a CAPTCHA if you seem suspicious. This would make it extremely hard to fake reviews at scale.

One-click registration would only require server owners to drop a single PHP file into their website. The script will be open-source and as secure as we can make it. Tibian will take care of the rest.

@zippoxer Is there a website currently?

Yes, but I haven't released yet. It's basically what you see in the screenshot. You can see the servers and sort them, but you can't rate them yet.

Would it make sense to release now and add features later?

Last edited:
😁 Add a new column called "Real Players" and divide the "Players" value by 15 and it will be a nice list

ok now seriously:
  • add filters, for example filter out all 8.6 servers
  • add a new country flag, to set where the server is hosted
  • add a new option "botting allowed" yes/no
  • a minimap preview with ajax would be nice too

Yeyeye :p, one question..

The icon on the end display detail? i think is better way to show a description or some stuff ... whatever

42ae49ee74886c57855d860b828efe3e.gif

There are few other lists still running but maybe this time it will become more popular? Good luck :)
The only things I could advise:
  • Put option to choose "OTClient" or "Custom" instead of specific RL Tibia version.
  • Next option should be "Bots allowed/Bots not allowed" and you can simply display it as a tiny column "Bots" with "Y/N".
  • About EXP, sometimes servers have it custom, like one that I'm working on, so of course we can put it like 1x but it won't be true, because we don't have same exp like RL monsters. So there should be "custom" rate.
  • Display more servers per page, don't need to be like otservlist.org or otslist.eu but definitely more than you showed us.

seems nice, like my server is 120%, like premium and green stamina. Happy hour if you will. Constanty, though premium is not needed.
Country flag is a must, right, but maybe hosts can upload a second picture, like a small logo?

What I would really like to see is a sort by ping in ms option, so you directly see to which server you have the best connection.

What I would really like to see is a sort by ping in ms option, so you directly see to which server you have the best connection.
But how it would work? Your computer will ping every server on the list to get the result? Is it legal and non problematic for user and server owner?

I actually don't know if OpenTibia industry is dead or there's no good otserv list on the market :p

OTServlist it's clean, simple and compact. Try that.
Dont make the height too high, no one want to see 10 servers per page.

Looks good but the rows are way to big (height wise).
Cant easily see lots of servers at once. I honestly think otservlist is better as of now.

I really like the idea of having an OTS list based on otservlist and building things on top of that, but as the others have mentioned, this "modern look" isn't very practical. There should definitely be a compact mode where a row would take around 3 times less space.

@Wirox @Tony32 @Deatthraz

Agreed. I want to compact it, but I also want servers to look attractive. Some private server lists feature a banner, but that's way too much in my honest opinion.

That's why I'm allowing server owners to feature an icon, on top of which Tibian will stick the flag. Here's what it looks like:

1586608664254.png

The flag will always stick in the same place so you can smoothly scan it with your eyes.

What do you think?

--------------------

Compact with Icons & Flags

I reduced the spaces between the servers. Still not as dense as otservlist.org because of the icons, the tags (which can occupy two lines) and the server's age (below uptime). Here what it looks like now:

1586608595717.png

Client selection

Works beautifully. You select your preferred version(s) and the servers show up immediately (no refresh).

1586608893209.png

Even more compact

If it's not compact enough, just reply and maybe we'll remove the icons completely, or at least add a compact mode which will reduce spaces further.

---

Please let me know what you think!

@Wirox @Tony32 @Deatthraz

Agreed. I want to compact it, but I also want servers to look attractive. Some private server lists feature a banner, but that's way too much in my honest opinion.

That's why I'm allowing server owners to feature an icon, on top of which Tibian will stick the flag. Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 44109

The flag will always stick in the same place so you can smoothly scan it with your eyes.

What do you think?

--------------------

Compact with Icons & Flags

I reduced the spaces between the servers. Still not as dense as otservlist.org because of the icons, the tags (which can occupy two lines) and the server's age (below uptime). Here what it looks like now:

View attachment 44107

Client selection

Works beautifully. You select your preferred version(s) and the servers show up immediately (no refresh).

View attachment 44110

Even more compact

If it's not compact enough, just reply and maybe we'll remove the icons completely, or at least add a compact mode which will reduce spaces further.

---

Please let me know what you think!

Please don't give in too much. The reason you are doing this whole thing is to bring something new and refreshing.
I think it's compact enough now. People are just used to having something how they're used to it.

OTServlist has actually had pretty sick updates the past years. Around 1.5 years ago the default sorting option became points, which is a combination of players online, how stable the server is, and how long the server has been on the list and probably some more things. As a result, long term servers will remain high up on the list, and gets much more players daily - resulting in the server being alive for longer, which is a good thing for both players and server owners.

Charts were also added recently, which is a really good addition - which you should also have on your own site, you could probably improve them by having better charts, with info that lasts more than just a month.

And I think the main point of otservlist, I know people like to talk shit about that, but after so many years of uptime, he's still doing a great job at banning cheaters and that's a really important part for such a website.

Back