• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibian - An OTServ List for 2020

@zippoxer
Registration link is optional, but is it possible to paste info like "Registration in client" instead of link?

I'll post up my upcomming project on this one, btw.. I remember Darkot for some weird reason.. 2008, I we're 8 years old..

Great idea!

Really like the modern design and the features you have talked about. I agree that option 1 is a good default with the ability to switch on option 4.

I hope you keep up with this project because I think is awesome and will keep interest in the OTS community. I am working on an OTS and would like to one day put it on your website :)

is it online? or I missed some link idk
Looks clean and thats so good, I really hate otservlist design lol but w/e

Thanks for bringing this up!

I'd most likely require you to login with Google/Facebook before leaving a review, as well as solving a CAPTCHA if you seem suspicious. This would make it extremely hard to fake reviews at scale.

One-click registration would only require server owners to drop a single PHP file into their website. The script will be open-source and as secure as we can make it. Tibian will take care of the rest.
and still can be abused easily

Well, there's OTServers.eu (https://otservers.eu/) with all the features that were discussed in this topic.
However, it is not popular - probably the matter of Google positioning.

#Down:
For me as a server administrator, it's better to have a choice on what sites my game should appear on. Of course, I also understand the site of players who want to have a wide range of options presented.

Last edited:
Probably abandonded. Otservlist does the job. There is no demand for this and it would be hard to make people switch.

Dear OTLanders,

I want to present the case for a new OTServ List for 2020.

A Short & Long History

Otservlist.org has been stuck in place for 12 years already. It's ugly, boring and isn't likely to change improve soon.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words

View attachment 43935

12 years have passed, and we got a new advertisement! Yay!

I love the Open Tibia community, and I think we deserve better.

Small Beginnings

Honestly, I'm not planning to develop an OTServ list from scratch.
Server owners will not magically appear and post a thousand servers.

Otservlist.org is still king, and I will take from it.
Tibian will show servers from otservlist.org but servers owners will be able to advertise their server in ways they couldn't on otservlist.org.

For Server Owners
  • Post screenshots.
  • Say which map you're running (Real / Evo / YurOts / Custom / ...)
  • Share the download link for your custom client.
For Players
  • Discuss & Review: An admin is abusive? The server is pay-to-win? You can leave a Tibian review to encourage others not to play.
    (Login with Google/Facebook required to protect against fake reviews)

• One-click Registration: Register to servers with your Tibian account, like login with Google!
    (Only for servers that integrated the Tibian account script)

• Advanced Search: Search by map type, server rating from reviews, experience, mode and age (how many months or years it's running).

I would LOVE to hear any ideas from you guys to help server owners as well as to players deciding which server to play.

A First Step

Here's a screenshot of what I've done in ~3 hours:

View attachment 43931

What I like about this design

Feels 2020. Country flags are big and beautiful, text is comfy to read, clients are one-click to download, ratings and other features coming soon.

----------------------------------

What do you guys think? Are you excited to switch from otservlist.org to something fresh for 2020, or maybe you don't even care?

Love,
Zippo

I fully agree with everything you said, I think the Open Tibia community deserves a better list and without corruption. unfortunately otservlist.org is pay to win.

Good Idea. I almost click next on one of the picture to see more rows lol. good stuff

Back