• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Time for Cyko to retire!

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Well as the title says, time for me to retire the open-tibia and tibia, it has been 3 wonderful years at otland and 2 years at otfans :)
I wanna thank everyone which has been there for me and supported me!

Reason why i leave?
Well i start to getting tired, since my future isn't programming and creating games, why do i even try?

Do i leave forever?
Maybe, ill have to clear my mind from now, since its to much pressure. That i want to launch a new server, but bugs keep appearing which require c++ knowlegde and tryed to reach out without any answers, if i got answers they didnt work.

I dont know, if i can get convinced to stay but lets the comments roll on and i will see when i took a good night sleep!

Regrads,
Cyko!

Last edited:
Hard for me to say, but there's no reason to stay. There's really no point staying further, more and more people are leaving, they have obligations in real life. The community is falling apart. People are growing up, getting over the game.. You need to leave the game (even if it was a great part of your childhood) once. Nothing lasts forever. You should focus on real life things, doing what you like.

bye, gl in rl.

My face when I thought it was "Cykotitan" ... close one Otland! Yet it's still sad to see another talented individual retire! Hope to see you around sooooon
Supernatural-Winchester-Brothers.gif

Thanks guys, but i dont want open-tibia die.
Since ive learned alot these past years but the sad thing is that i still waiting on ot-wiki, but there is no updates.
Staff members & talanted people isnt active as before.

Sucks to see ya go, even though I don't know you personally.
I've seen you around often though, & I always liked the whole "if Cyko then print("LUA")".

Good luck with your new life style. We gonna miss you.

That i want to launch a new server, but bugs keep appearing which require c++ knowlegde and tryed to reach out without any answers, if i got answers they didnt work.

So basically, you're leaving because you can't launch a server because you lack in c++ knowledge? Why don't you learn c++ just like you learnt lua? Running away because you lack the knowledge isn't a good reason. You're not born with the knowledge, you know stuff with experience and time. Everything in life is trial and error, the question is, are you going to give up before gaining the knowledge? Or will you survive and fail a couple of times until you learn?

Last edited:
So basically, you're leaving because you can't launch a server because you lack in c++ knowledge? Why don't you learn c++ just like you learnt lua? Running away because you lack the knowledge isn't a good reason. You're not born with the knowledge, you know stuff with experience and time.

As i said, my future isn't programming :( Im study to become computer support. I took intresst on lua since always had problem with scripts and not c++ releated things.
Well, the c++ issue got fixed thanks to Wangsta, i feel much better.

Cyko, I'ma miss you meng... ;-;
Never give up your dreams and ambitions, I fail at making music, but I still fucking try!

Well, i can say the same dont give up. I failed on alot of things server, scripting and etc... But i learn from my misstakes and correct them :)

Well, i can say the same dont give up. I failed on alot of things server, scripting and etc... But i learn from my misstakes and correct them :)

Bro, not being able to script never stopped me with making a server, either I left it for someone else to do (the scripting) or I took a script that acted like what I wanted and edited it. It all takes time, tutorials, friends with knowledge and support, so just hang in there buddy.

Well, as i noticed there is alot of members in otland active but to low activity. I remeber the old days, you request for something it took like 5min you got a answer.

So i can't leave otland until i ensure someone has replaced me :S I tried replace Cykotitan, but never succed since he know very very much about open-tibia and i know a bit :/

Back