• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tips for getting map working with TFS-1.5-Downgrades (7.72)

machinehum

Reaction score
Hello,

First off thanks to nekiro for this downgrade, it's been working quite well. Here is the source here.

My main issue is running the server with my map. I've started from the map in repo, which works fine on its own. I then used rme to import my map (which is a 7.6 map) into nekiro's starting map (which is an 8.4 map). Everything seems to import fine but then when I save and run the server I'm getting this error...

Lua:
[ots@localhost TFS-1.5-Downgrades]$ ./tfs
The Forgotten Server - Version 1.5 (Nekiro's 7.72 downgrade)

Compiled with GNU C++ version 11.1.0
Compiled on Jan 25 2022 23:36:57 for platform x64
Linked with LuaJIT 2.0.5 for Lua support

A server developed by Mark Samman
A server downgraded by Nekiro
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: https://otland.net/.

>> Loading config
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 3.2.5
>> Running database manager
>> Loading vocations
>> Loading items... OTB v3.3.49
>> Loading script systems
>> Using LuaJIT 2.0.5
>> Loading lua libs
[Warning - Event::checkScript] Can not load script: scripts/other/changegold.lua
cannot open data/actions/scripts/other/changegold.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::checkScript] Can not load script: scripts/other/changegold.lua
cannot open data/actions/scripts/other/changegold.lua: No such file or directory
>> Loading lua scripts
>> Loading monsters
>> Loading lua monsters
>> Loading outfits
>> Checking world type... PVP
>> Loading map
> Map size: 34451x33176.
[Fatal - Map::loadMap] [x:32640, y:31846, z:13] Failed to create item.
> ERROR: Failed to load map
>> No services running. The server is NOT online.
[ots@localhost TFS-1.5-Downgrades]$

Things I have tried:
  1. Running the map 7.6 map with the server.
  2. Changing the items.otb and items.xml inside rme/data/840/ to the files that shipped with the server and exporting
  3. Changing the items.otb and items.xml inside rme/data/760/ to the files that shipped with the server and exporting.
  4. Moving items.otb/items.xml from RME to server.

Any guidance would be majorly appreciated. If anyone is very skilled with getting things like this to work, I am willing to pay for your services :).

[Fatal - Map::loadMap] [x:32640, y:31846, z:13] Failed to create item. usually means there is an item on the map that the server doesn't know about. It is likely that it's an item ID higher than the highest ID of your items.xml/items.otb. Right click that position in RME and select "browse field" to see which items are there, then see if you can find the culprit.

But after looking at the reading code, it seems like the map just saved in an incorrect format.

Check at "Map -> Properties" in RME and see what Map Version/Client Version it's set to

[Fatal - Map::loadMap] [x:32640, y:31846, z:13] Failed to create item. usually means there is an item on the map that the server doesn't know about. It is likely that it's an item ID higher than the highest ID of your items.xml/items.otb. Right click that position in RME and select "browse field" to see which items are there, then see if you can find the culprit.

But after looking at the reading code, it seems like the map just saved in an incorrect format.

Check at "Map -> Properties" in RME and see what Map Version/Client Version it's set to
Thanks for the reply, the working map that shipped with the code is 8.4. When you open it, you get this message to start.
1643405435253.png
When I click Yes
1643405455495.png
The map seems to open up fine
1643405488126.png

However this is the sample map and is working with the server. I am trying to import my own map, this is where I am having issues.
Post automatically merged:

I have an update.

If I change the items.otb and items.xml inside rme/data/760/ to the files otb/xml that shipped with the server I can open the map that came with the server, open it (with no errors), edit it, save it and run the server with no issues. However, I am still having the same issues getting my 7.6 map running with this server.
Post automatically merged:

Update number two.

The error is coming from an item having this attriube (I debugged and set a breakpoint). It looks like some legacy stuff, perhaps I can edit the code to work with this attribute. Or pull in some older code, this is a downgrade after all.

Last edited:
@machinehum I recently made a PR with some changes. It would be great if you can test it and check if this solves your problem (by reading yuor post, I think it should solve)