• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

To all Custom Map Lovers and NoN Botters!

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otland!
Some may know me, some don't. I am Damon, and I have been around here sometime. I had some ots running and I guess I behaved very polite and can Say I made some friends. I am 16 years old and I guess that is the age of the "new generation" which is kinda hated . I agree back in Time ots were more fun and acctually all my OTS have been Custom map ones :)
(Exept 2 times a rlmap and one time an evo). I tried several times to quit this forum and the community, but It didnt work out. My friend and me didnt discover OTS just to see it dieing like this. Its a shame seeing such good servers like Lordaeron having less than 100 ppl online and all those real maps 300+ players!
But well yeah some ppl want to bot and dont want to compete with others. Also they don't want to explore new things. Those people are known as retards :)
Anyway I almost fixed my custom map RPG server and I must say I would love to host it but I doubt that after 2 weeks there are any players left. So I ask you, the "Old" generation and those from the new generation, who aint retards:

Would you play this custom rpg map server if it was hosted longterm and updated if new content is needed?
If you do please like this thread(so I can see how many acctually would play) and post a comment how you think its best to get donations for me without overpowering someone. Because a server costs money, its a fact! And I cant afford payong it from my pocket im 16 remember?

Regards,
//Damon

You should post a link, or picture's if you want us "Old timers" to decide :).

DO IT, i will play it as soon as my exams are over :p , in like a month or so.
so wait till then and release it xD

Custom server - Yes

One hosted by a 16 years old kid - No

Definitely won't be longterm.

You are too immature to host a serious otserver.

Besides that, in your post you are saying that people who play real maps are retards. Well, I've seen you playing several rl map ots, so yeah.. I have bad news for you

Last edited:
Custom server - Yes

One hosted by a 16 years old kid - No

Definitely won't be longterm.

You are too immature to host a serious otserver.

Besides that, in your post you are saying that people who play real maps are retards. Well, I've seen you playing several rl map ots, so yeah.. I have bad news for you

Well I acctually was talking about people botting on rlmaps and dont wanna explore smth new are retards.
Well I cant change my age, but those who know me know, that if my Damonia Server back in time had more players ,I would have hosted it longterm. I even would have hosted server without donations^^
Regards,
//Damon

I'm actually looking for a mapper, an thought you'd be interested in a fully custom server.. :) Thus why asking for examples.

Im sorry, but it's funny when a kid puts a post and thinks its actually intelligent. The reason your generation is "looked down" on, is because when you think something, and believe its true. That's it.

Anyway, im not here to rant, im just going to say. You wont get players by asking if they will play, you'll get them by posting a decent outlook on your server in the correct forum section.

All you say is RPG server, long term, might update if needed. Do you even have anything started? Anyway, if your planning on actually attempting the OT process again. Right on, just get on with it already.

Im open for a team if you need help with it.

I would play it, yes. I didnt read enough to see what version it was going to be, but I am also doing the same thing. I recently downloaded a 7.6 and i've been editing the map + random shit on the OT. Its a YurOT Custom RPG map, and the OT will be a midrate-low exp. I plan on hosting the OT in roughly a month maybe 2, when I get my brand new gaming PC. For now I have all the maps being edited and everything being worked on. So its the same as what you're doing basically. So I would play, thumbs up. :)

From what I learnt the basic city is biggest part of success. If players know at least part of your server where they hold their items, live and trade they're going to stay longer. It's all about learning map. If the game starts from Enigma City(evo) or city from YurOTS players are more familiar to the city and they know their way around. Nothing about exp teleports, but some kind of ingame guide where to exp for tl;dl'ers would be nice.

I will soon start a lifethread on my server, checking some things out and making some screens ;)

You aren't a retard because you like to explore?
well, people are different. And you can't call someone "a retard" just because he likes different style of gameplay.
This just proves how narrowminded and immature you are.
Definitely you can't host an otserver.

You aren't a retard because you like to explore?
well, people are different. And you can't call someone "a retard" just because he likes different style of gameplay.
This just proves how narrowminded and immature you are.
Definitely you can't host an otserver.
I did Several times host one, Sir. If I insulted you in any way, here my dearest apologies, but I was acctually talking about people being retards, who are just botting . Well you may be right that likeing to explore new things(or not) doesnt make you a retard(or not), but botting does I guess^^
OTS are meant to be played! If u bot in rltibia, okay...
But an OTS I play should be too exiting to make me such bored to bot on it.
Regards,
//Damon

I've actually played your server before, if not twice. It was pretty good but lacked players. What I'm interested in is not just a plain old custom map, but lots of custom spells, items, monsters etc...I've been playing tibia for years and years and I know what each monsters can do, what it can drop and so on...which is completely boring. I only enjoy custom servers, yet most people don't they all love super high exp servers, or real maps.. However it turns out, I wish you luck Damon!

I've actually played your server before, if not twice. It was pretty good but lacked players. What I'm interested in is not just a plain old custom map, but lots of custom spells, items, monsters etc...I've been playing tibia for years and years and I know what each monsters can do, what it can drop and so on...which is completely boring. I only enjoy custom servers, yet most people don't they all love super high exp servers, or real maps.. However it turns out, I wish you luck Damon!
I hope you are glad to hear that about 20 custom spells and many new monsters exist!

I think it would be nice to have a custom server, I've been looking for a good, stable popular one too play, since I don't play RL's lol.
But like Zasranets said, if you want a successful custom OT, Make custom spells, custom monsters, custom drop rates.
A custom map, in most cases just won't cut it.

How long do ya think it would take for your project to go online?

Well I soon will start a lifethread showing some map screens and testing my stuff .
Then some scripts, all in all:

Map fixes: 80% done
Scripts(new spells) : 60% done
Config lua: 90% done
Stages unkown :)
Soon starting Damonia Developement thread ;)

Back