• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

To all Custom Map Lovers and NoN Botters!

Nowadays, few people will start custom server even if they do, they wont stay for long. Today's Tibia is much different back when as you call "old generation" was used to. Most of the people who actually play the game, they dont do it manually, of course there is small amount of people that enjoy some exploration but they will get bored quite easily as it is not fun to explore empty map(small amout of people). That's why most of the hosters do start real map, as it is known and people dont have to put anything into game just start botting and thats it. I wouldnt call them retards as you did but I would definitely say that they lost meaning of the game. What I am trying to say is, if you want to have great custom server and have good outcome, you have to give it a time. It might be that within 3 months you will have 10 people playing, but you need to think how can you attract people, not by asking who will play, I can tell you now that I am going to play your custom map server, are you going to believe it?
Enough of my nonsense speech :d, I think that people definitely will appreciate minimized real-map. What do I mean? Custom map with parts similar to real tibia. Your cities should be close enough(not like big ass gaps between cities) on the map and roads to it should be mixed up with large spawns and those unexpected monsters. Also, for the starters if you die below level 50 for example, you will not lose anything from you inventory as I think thats what scares people if they choose custom server, they dont know map and are scared that their time will be wasted if they go some places and meet some monster that is too strong and lose all.
I remember back in 7.7-7.9 times there was 3 servers that were made like I said before. They had minimized tibia real-map(for example if you went to some of the places it was similar to tibia map that you knew what u could expect but it wasnt like ripped off real tibia map) they had level protection stuff and you could easily explore things.
Dunno if you gonna read everything but just what I thought about that as OTS were great back at the start, when you hosted them at home and waited for those 15 people to play for few weeks and when you achieved that you were da man! :D.
Anyway good luck and if you want to have outcome you gotta put much much time(nowadays money too) into server!

Also, when adding custom items, monsters spells, etc.. Make it through out all levels. Many servers I see the "custom" parts they have are always later on at a higher level. If you want to attract people you need to make lots of custom stuff in lower levels too. Now, what Qlimatt said is some what true. This generation has a very low percentile of people who actually appreciate a true "CUSTOM" server. As for me, I love it when I can just go explore, find many hidden secrets, when everything is all new it's exciting. When servers have their library's filled with information about quests, or secrets, many just some random story's all of that makes it really fun to play. Just stuff like is what I love in servers. One thing I truly find disappointing is that there are those people out there who take their time, make their own maps, spend months and months customizing stuff and when the server goes up the player rate is really low, since the player rate is low even more people quit/don't play and the server shuts down. Honestly I don't see how people have fun playing real maps or teleport servers...there's so many of them and it's not even fun. Then again, this is just my opinion but what I would very much like to see is a very custom server. But this is how it will go, if you make some kind of real map or teleport server you'll have a decent amount of players if the server is decent, but if you have a custom server your player rate will most likely be quite low. The choice is your, I hope whatever you do it turns out great, good luck!

So what If I removed all rö tibia spells and did only custom ones ?
Just an idea ? ;)

Thats good idea only when you would have everything custom, and I mean everything, like whole new game based on Tibia engine - items, vocations, map, spells etc. Otherwise, it wont attract many people.
You need to understand that percentage of people playing it solo (alone) is really low on OTS, most of them come from such forums and probability that they would meet all together on your server is really really low. Why people play real tibia map servers? They know it and teams play there. Most of people only appreciate PvP in tibia now(on OTS, global tibia pvp is dead) they want to join into some good team with a lot people with ventrillo/ts3 server to meet new people and enjoy the game. RPG side of the game has died. I do not want to discourage you but I just want to warn you as I had same inspirations few years ago when it all has started, death of RPG and start of PvP on a large scale. Like Zasranets said, either real map server or tp custom/evo map, if you want to have large number of people playing, but if you want to have fun and learn something, feel some kind of achievment then go for custom server. Good luck to you! Great that some people still has some inspiration to do such things!

Back