• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

To oldskool, from competition

Worr

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
I have been a member for a long time (first pm from this account was a complaint about how expensive a name change would be). I was also a member on otfans, even though I haven't used it much, mostly to keep contact with certain members and access some "community files".

Have rivalries helped the community?
I can name several closely related companies that were in fact competitors, but still helped each other grow. It's perhaps even nessesary to have competition, to even grow in the the first place. Why was open Tibia even created?

Is oldskool more successful than ever?
The majority of servers were always replicas of the original Tibia, in its different versions. That's quite normal — the learning process usually starts with copying. Next comes the customized servers that still copy a majority of its content. When is it no longer open Tibia, but another game?

The history of oldskool
If I were to summarize my ("the") history, it would go something like this:
  • RealOTs
  • Oldera
  • Classicalia
  • Classictibia
  • Tibianic
I'm not sure who owned RealOTs, I think his name was Dennis. I've heard it's the first open tibia server to use the hacked CIPsoft files of version 7. Many players also liked to have fun, on less serious servers.

Oldera was not only run by infamous Ryan West, but also a Swede. It might have been Remere, since they worked together later. All I remember is what became the Oldera Era used to be Apocalypse-War. I remember an old video from that server with great players of that time, maybe even forgotten by most at this point in time. I won't drop names unless someone wants that.

Classicalia was created by Remere and Ryan. They later cancelled the project, probably because of disagreement. Remere went on to open Classictibia, which as far as the players knew — was self sustaining for over 1 year. Ryan was meanwhile involved in many projects, for example Original Tibia (involved, as in previous owner of the files, at least that's how the story goes).

Tibianic started as a 7.1 replica, but was just an unfinished project for a long time. I don't know Iryont's name, but I'm pretty sure there is another admin involved. Perhaps Remere? Classictibia and Tibianic were always similar in many ways, more so than Oldera.

RealOTs had many revivals, Valhalla for example, which as far as I know is the first server to be hosted with a proxy for players across the Atlantic. It could have been just smart server and network planning from Dennis side (assuming that's his name).

To the point, if there is one. History is usually interesting because we can learn from it, but it's also easy to get lost in it. However my story, the history I'm telling is not compete in any way.

Feel free to leave a comment, filling in the blanks or a side story that I missed.

Sincerely,
Alex

tbh tibianic deserves a bigger part in this history, looks like you just named it shortly and go on with the other servers. Iryont deserves more then that for this oldschool community.
for as far I know remere is not involved.
And not sure if classicalia deserves to be named (imo!)?

"Next comes the customized servers that still copy a majority of its content. When is it no longer open Tibia, but another game? "

And to go further on this part you mentioned. You might forget one ot then or did you do that on purpose. Cause tibianic doesn't exist anymore nowadays it is known as medivia. And we can say he did create a whole "new game".

I'm also asking myself, is this medivia still open tibia? At this point i would say yes, but who knows in couple months/years I might come back on my word and have to say no, cause of more new updates.
All the updates he lately did, really changed the gameplay

tbh tibianic deserves a bigger part in this history, looks like you just named it shortly and go on with the other servers. Iryont deserves more then that for this oldschool community.
for as far I know remere is not involved.
And not sure if classicalia deserves to be named (imo!)?

Classicalia was later Classictibia, Remere decided to work on his own project. Probably same engine.

Did you know that "Iryont" and "Remere" are in fact the same guy.
Haha, I had myself a lill laugh, I am sorry to announce that you are wrong
Remere = Ha**** =SWEDISH GUY
Iryont =Kon*** = Polish guy

Last edited:
Haha, I had myself a lill laugh, I am sorry to announce that you are wrong
Remere = Ha**** =SWEDISH GUY
Iryont =Kon*** = Polish guy

ye exactlyxd i think he hides for privacy but iryont doesn't care about it. so he means konrad;p

Why you used **** to hide their names?

* is often used to replace something else. Due to its nature, a word m*sked with *sterix will not show up in search engines. It would cause any computer to crash.

"Next comes the customized servers that still copy a majority of its content. When is it no longer open Tibia, but another game? "

And to go further on this part you mentioned. You might forget one ot then or did you do that on purpose. Cause tibianic doesn't exist anymore nowadays it is known as medivia. And we can say he did create a whole "new game".

I'm also asking myself, is this medivia still open tibia? At this point i would say yes, but who knows in couple months/years I might come back on my word and have to say no, cause of more new updates.
All the updates he lately did, really changed the gameplay

Tibia in version 6 was still using graphics from Ultima Online, probably in version 7 too. CIPsoft became a legal company when releasing Edron, as far as I know. That should also mark when all graphics were owned and copyrighted by themselves.

Ps. I'm indeed missing many parts of the story. I haven't played actively for longer periods, since around highschool.

Back