• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC Troubles configuring the acc

Ovnyx

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently I got some extra time and I wanted to spend this free time on the TFS, I saw that it is on version 1.4.2, so I cloned the repo and built the project, created the database using the schema provided on the tfs folder, but I'm having this issue with Gesior, and MyAcc where none of them is able to find the config.lua file on my tfs folder, I'm using linux (arch linux) and as far as I understand I'm using the correct path: /home/legion/Documents/OT/forgottenserver-1.4.2/

I also tried, using a different name without -, or any strange character without success, also tried to move the server to the home to see if maybe it was caused by permissions or something like that: /home/legion/tfsserver/ but I'm having the same issue on both of them and I'm sure the config file is there and I'm guessing is allright, otherwise the server should not start, unless that database manager error could be causing that issue with the web page.
1666368342545.png
1666368746550.png
Reading different topics on the forum, I found someone saying that I required to remove the comments from the file which I did, but didn't work. Also, I tried including or not the / at the end and at the beginning of the path without success.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or is there something that I missed? or can anyone suggest me another acc compatible with tfs 1.4.2 in case that could be the issue or how to use an account manager to create an admin account and be able to log into the OT and start scripting.

Thanks in advance!!! 🙏

Attachments

Solution
Hmm.. looks like your OTS files are YOURS
and web server - running as www-data user on Linux - is not allowed to access it.
Easiest way should be:
chmod -R 777 /home/legion/tfsserver/
or:
chmod -R 777/home/legion/Documents/OT
It will give access to OTS files to everyone who has access to your PC.
You can also learn about Linux access rights :)
Hmm.. looks like your OTS files are YOURS
and web server - running as www-data user on Linux - is not allowed to access it.
Easiest way should be:
chmod -R 777 /home/legion/tfsserver/
or:
chmod -R 777/home/legion/Documents/OT
It will give access to OTS files to everyone who has access to your PC.
You can also learn about Linux access rights :)

Solution
Thanks for replying :), I already tried that, sorry I forget to mention, but that didn't solve the issue, I'm still getting this error in
Gesior
1666385992011.png
and in MyAcc
1666386032936.png

IDK, maybe I have a wrong php version?
1666386126937.png

Every folder in front of config.lua needs to have execute bit.

So, do following:

chmod +x /home/
chmod +x /home/legion/
chmod +x /home/legion/tfsserver/

And give the file itself, 777 like Gesior wrote.

Thanks for your replay, yeah by following your instructions and the ones from gesior solved the issue, I decided to do a configuration with docker compose to easily replicate it in other hosts, I'm facing another issue right now, but I think it's out of the scope of this post.
Thanks for the help! 🙏

Back