• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to get Healing Helmet to work

Big M O O K

Reaction score
This is what it looks like it items.xml (going to be best helm in game xD)

It doesnt heal like a ROH would, well.. It doesnt heal at all lol.

I used mavericks Cursed helmet script so its already in movements.xml, it possible to make it heal to?

<item id="5741" article="a" name="Cursed Helmet">
<attribute key="weight" value="4200"/>
<attribute key="armor" value="15"/>
<attribute key="slotType" value="head"/>
<attribute key="absorbPercentAll" value="20"/>
<attribute key="absorbPercentLifeDrain" value="30"/>
<attribute key="healthGain" value="100"/>
<attribute key="healthTicks" value="1000"/>
<attribute key="manaGain" value="100"/>
<attribute key="manaTicks" value="1000"/>
</item>

I'm not sure, but I'd suggest you get hold of a .DAT editor to see if there's something blocking the possibility. Good luck, mate!

Well I'm not sure as I've never used the .dat editor myself, but the .dat file contains all the data required for the items etc. So I'd recommend you compare Ring of the Healing with your helmet, to see if something is different.

Alright, so we ruled something out of the way, could you show me the entire RotH script (including the movements part), and same thing with the helmet.

There is no lua for ring of healing, manaticks, healthicks, managain and healthgain are in the source i think :p
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="2214" slot="ring" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="2216" slot="ring" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="2214" slot="ring" function="onDeEquipItem" />

also for some odd reason, i cant get absorbPercentAll to work on the helm, like it does on a might ring :(

heres helm

<movevent event="Equip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onEquipItem" script="cursed helmet EQ.lua" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onDeEquipItem" script="cursed helmet DQ.lua" />

the cursed helm scripts turn your char into a skeleton when u equip :p

Hmm, I can't seem to find the issue - so it's not much more I can do for you pal, sorry. :/ Good luck though!

well, maybe you still can :p I took this out and it works perfect! xD but i still want it to turn into a skeleton.
I want it to use absorbPercentAll and RoH health and managain commands :p
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onEquipItem" script="cursed helmet EQ.lua" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onDeEquipItem" script="cursed helmet DQ.lua" />

Heres the 2 scripts that u see in my movements.
local outfit =
{
lookType = 33,
lookHead = 0,
lookBody = 0,
lookLegs = 0,
lookFeet = 0,
lookAddons = 0
}

function onEquip(cid, item, slot)
doSetCreatureOutfit(cid, outfit, -1)

local pos = getPlayerPosition(cid)
doSendMagicEffect(pos, 17)

end

and

local outfit =
{
lookType = 33,
lookHead = 0,
lookBody = 0,
lookLegs = 0,
lookFeet = 0,
lookAddons = 0
}

function onDeEquip(cid, item, slot)
doSetCreatureOutfit(cid, outfit, 1)

local pos = getPlayerPosition(cid)
doSendMagicEffect(pos, 3)

end

Can u work with this?

I only removed the movements peice that turns you into a skeleton, added this, same ID see? :p
but i still want it to turn you into a skeleton And act as a RoH/mightring

<movevent event="Equip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="5741" slot="head" function="onDeEquipItem" />

@up didnt work lol, was only skeleton and no gains or absorb

the script needs to make the helmet heal and up mana gain + absorb 20% of all dmg

Hmm, if there's any rune (possibly Chameleon) which edits your outfit temporarly - try getting the same values as that one. Otherwise, i do not know, sorry mate.

Yah, i know. My helmet turns your character sprite into a skeleton, and also has ring of healing attributes. When the script is on for skeleton look, the ring of healing attributes dont work, and vise versa.

Back