• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to make a spider

Yep peonso. I had a 3d artist do it this way. If you have never used blender, gl using that method. Its aids.

I use unity. waaaaay easier to pull it off. I have 1 issue as I have to mirror my images before im done but not more than a click to do.

Ok so here are some earlier works we did when trying to create a character model from 3d to 2d. These were made using blender. So the shading wasnt as nice as it could have been in unity.
oWpYO7u.gif
BoTLA9R.gif
zlNgYew.gif
N4MIWVh.gif
Xt6OB55.gif
NYE7xTQ.gif
vKWF5Kn.gif
aqhCPf9.gif
mAdinXc.gif

Last edited:
I think these gifs when split are useful for some new spriters as it shows the perfect perspective and lighting concept for each frame :) Hopefully when I get time I can make other stuff. The unity addon works better but its very picky in terms of what kind of 3d model to work with. Not all things convert nicely

gendY6x.png

Took a free 3d model, press 2 buttons and done
Look cool, could you try this method with some tree?
In this case shading could be problematic, because of lot a leaves etc.
I wonder if it looks good like traditional sprites of trees.

I will give it a shot tonight. I've been busy in rl and also with my game :)

Back