• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Trying to portforward

gunmetal

Reaction score
Ok, so im running into a little problem, i followed some tutorials but i stil cant connect to my server through the outside. I tried portforwarding but the thing is i get this error if i use my routers lan ip

"Server IP address cannot be router's LAN IP address."

i want to add that im using a Netgear wnd3400 router and im trying to portforward from my laptop which is not wired. My desktop is wired but thats not where my server is located atm. would this cause an issue?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

edit: also want to add i portforwarded 7171 and 7172 but i used a different value in the box . i put a 2 instead of a 1 which is my laptops ip

i dont think my question was clear, im trying to portforward to allow players to play on my server, currently you cannot log in as i get a disconnect from server message when trying to log in. entering my publi ip takes me to the website i created using znote acc and that works fine, but connecting to my server doesnt

EDIT: Ok i found what was wrong, somehow my cleint updated to the new version and i didnt even realize it, all works fine

Back