• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Turn Those Guests into Active Members

Leftwing

Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I was looking at the other thread suggesting the idea of removing guests which is somewhat of a good idea, however I think another addition to that suggestion should be made.

My ideas are the following:

• Allow guests to remain, but in order to see any pictures, any links or any videos and whatnot they have to register as a member.

• Only allow them to view 5 threads before being forced to create an account.

• Members must then post 5 times per 10 views in the download section.

• After a member gets over a certain number of posts, requirement decreases (ie. 5 posts for 100 views after 75 posts).

• If a member has not posted in 24 hours redirect the member to a message that encourages them to get involved with the forum

This will encourage members to become regular members of our forum without placing too much strain or requirements on them. It is so easy to get involved and all it takes is a sentence or two per post commenting on a photo in the mapping section or helping in the support section, even in other sections like RL Tibia and Graphics. By doing so we are exposing them to our forum and encouraging them to post, and to be honest I think we need to see more active members.

Another thing we need to start doing is more staff-hosted events where members can win prizes such as premium subscriptions and whatnot for contests. By having official contests we can also encourage these members to participate.

Feel free to add more ideas or to modify the ones posted here, I'm all for supporting this forum so don't be afraid to leave feedback and discuss!

Sincerely,
Leftwing

the first 2 ideas are good the rest will just make spam

To be honest I don't believe the amount of spam will increase simply because the quality of posts on this forum has already degraded so much you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

will just encourage spam,

why do u care if there are guests anyway? let them participate however much they like.

99% of the guests have nothing important to contribute i imagine.

How are we to expect forum browsers to contribute immediately upon becoming a member? By making their opinions heard. Very few members contribute to the forum as it is, so why complain? Also don't you think that the new members will be encouraged to get more involved instead of simply having an account to access the download section anyways?

I have a question to everyone, would you rather see spam, or see nothing at all?

How about a decent amount of posts without to many spammers... >_< If a member were to have "viewing" distriction it should be at least 5 posts per 24 hours to view what ever the fudge you wanna view... (Aka a fair amount of posts every day and nobody needs to spam to be able to see something real quick)

How about a decent amount of posts without to many spammers... >_< If a member were to have "viewing" distriction it should be at least 5 posts per 24 hours to view what ever the fudge you wanna view... (Aka a fair amount of posts every day and nobody needs to spam to be able to see something real quick)

That's what I have proposed, except instead of a certain amount of views per 5 posts its a 24 time period. I think this actually might be a better idea.

Back