• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

turning off the engine after loading map

andree

Reaction score
when I add something in the source is okay, compiles without problems, but sometimes the engine will compile it after loading map engine is shut off. what I add is fine, just sometimes it happens, whether the fault of the compiler?

I have no fucking idea what's up with that! I spent on this shit 3 hours and nothing made ... I only know that I will add something like the engine works without problems, and on another compilation soon go off the engine without any errors

Last edited:
Probbly out of ram. How much ram does your computer have? Check via the toolbar thingi and see how much ram the server uses before it crashed. Could also be some loops that aren't programmed correctly or a simple script that dosen't check for the player or smth.

ram is probably right, because when I turn the engine which "compilation was successful" it works normally, even those downloaded from the internet;) or the fault of the compiler? can you recommend some efficient?
"broken" CONSOLE takes the same amount of RAM as a good CONSOLE

Then thats why.
32 bit uses MAXIMUM 2 gb ram, you only got 1 gb ram. Once your memory is full your computer forces a shutdown. We can't help you with this. You can either:
- Buy a dedicated server (MAKE SURE ITS 4 GB+ RAM 64 bit)
- Buy a new computer
Cause 32 bit can't be used as a server computer

still dont understand why one compilation succeeds, the other no longer works. surely engines are the same but differ in the time when they have been compiled, but one works and the other no longer!

Then thats why.
32 bit uses MAXIMUM 2 gb ram, you only got 1 gb ram. Once your memory is full your computer forces a shutdown. We can't help you with this. You can either:
- Buy a dedicated server (MAKE SURE ITS 4 GB+ RAM 64 bit)
- Buy a new computer
Cause 32 bit can't be used as a server computer

1. x32 computers can address up to 4GBs of memory, windows occasionally limits this to make space for vram.
2. Once the computer is out of memory it will start to page it.
3. He can just upgrade his ram and he'll be fine
4. 32 bit computers can be used as OT servers if you use a small map and are not using a resource intensive OS like windows.

1. x32 computers can address up to 4GBs of memory, windows occasionally limits this to make space for vram.
2. Once the computer is out of memory it will start to page it.
3. He can just upgrade his ram and he'll be fine
4. 32 bit computers can be used as OT servers if you use a small map and are not using a resource intensive OS like windows.

"Upgrade" funny, if his computer has 1gb he will probbly need to replace ALOT more to get more then the max you can get within a decent price(256mb * 4).
Either buy a new computer or buy a dedicated is what id say.

Or be prepared to buy:
motherboard
cpu
ram
hdd (maybe)
cd rom (maybe)

Thats pretty much all the parts your computer has, the only thing you will keep is pretty much the scale.
If you have tried to upgrade an old computer @dominique120 you will know what im talking about.
Most older computers diden't have more then 256mb ram up to 2gb for those "extreme" computers at that time.

"Upgrade" funny, if his computer has 1gb he will probbly need to replace ALOT more to get more then the max you can get within a decent price(256mb * 4).
Either buy a new computer or buy a dedicated is what id say.

Or be prepared to buy:
motherboard
cpu
ram
hdd (maybe)
cd rom (maybe)

Thats pretty much all the parts your computer has, the only thing you will keep is pretty much the scale.
If you have tried to upgrade an old computer @dominique120 you will know what im talking about.
Most older computers diden't have more then 256mb ram up to 2gb for those "extreme" computers at that time.

How about 1024*2 or 512*4? Thats 2GBs. and if his MB does not support more he can get a new one without necessarily changing the CPU or ram sticks/type

How about 1024*2 or 512*4? Thats 2GBs. and if his MB does not support more he can get a new one without necessarily changing the CPU or ram sticks/type
2gb isen't that much atleast not today. And most older computer dosen't support more then 2gb. Remember when I worked at an internet cafe had to build 30 new computers to match up to the new games, so not its not just about replacing the ram memory on older computers. The only thing we kept at that point was the chassi.

what you say about the RAM since I have 2 engines that take the same amount of memory with this one works and the other does not?

Back