• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] Changing Color on Folders!

Lawrey

Funny User
Reaction score
Hello!

I found a video on how to change colors on folders for win7-vista, haven't tested others.
It is kinda easy so let's get started.
zUbTTwm.png

What you wanna do is make a folder inside C:\Windows, named "Icons"- or whatever you want.
It should look something like this:
1tjG69K.jpg

zUbTTwm.png

After that all you wanna do is go to: http://drawder.deviantart.com/art/Black-Windows-7-Folders-156446001
- Download a color that you want, theres alot of ones you can choose between.
zUbTTwm.png

Then you extract it to the "Icons" folder that you made, like this:
KP0oUUP.jpg

zUbTTwm.png

Now go to a folder that you want to change right click it and press "Properties" - then press "Customize" -
and press, "Change Icon" now find the "Icons" folder that you created a while ago, which is located in C:\Windows.
And click on "Transparent Marble Windows" then "ICO + Live" and choose a picture of you're choosing. Then it should come up this little window:
N1BNvOW.jpg

Just press "OK" and then "Apply" - and you are done, just refresh ur desktop and it should look as the pic u choose. :)
Cheers! - Hope this works it does for me atleast! - NOTE: This will only change the color of one folder! ALSO You cannot change color of files as "Program (x86), Program, Windows" as, Xaeradox said.

Last edited:
Simple yet detailed tutorial. I think you should note you can't customize folders such as Program Files (x86), Program Files or Windows. Thanks for the tutorial! :)

Back