• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tutorial for making vocation?

DedicatedOT

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone know of a good tutorial for making new vocations? I have deep trouble with the XML file -.-

REP++ if you help me.

Thank u!

Hey guys. So I have 8 custom vocations. I am using 8.6 and TFS. But after editing vocations.xml when i logon to Account Manager you cant select the new vocations. Its just blank where he asks you what vocation you want to be. SQLite is what im using.

Help please? THanks.

I let refresh to myself.

I've got very weird issue. I created a "Warlock" class, with promo edition "Shadow Warlock".
Code:
    <vocation id="12" name="Warlock" description="a warlock" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="35" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="35" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="800" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="5"> 
        <formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0"/>
        <skill id="0" multiplier="1.1"/>
        <skill id="1" multiplier="1.1"/>
        <skill id="2" multiplier="1.1"/>
        <skill id="3" multiplier="1.1"/>
        <skill id="4" multiplier="1.4"/>
        <skill id="5" multiplier="1.1"/>
        <skill id="6" multiplier="1.1"/>
    </vocation>
    <vocation id="13" name="Shadow Warlock" description="a shadow warlock" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="35" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="35" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="800" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="5"> 
    </vocation>
</vocations>
Everything is 1:1 from this post:
Add this under Elite Knight:

Code:
    <vocation id="12" name="NEW VOCATION" description="a NEW VOCATION" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="35" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="35" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="800" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="5"> 
    </vocation>

And my Warlock appears to be a Sorcerer. Yes. I can use sorcerer spells, but I can't use spells belongs to knight, druid and paladin as well. In spells.xml, ONLY ONE spell has a line with warlock,
Code:
    </instant>
    <instant group="attack" spellid="88" name="Energy Strike" words="exori vis" lvl="12" mana="20" prem="1" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" exhaustion="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/energy strike.lua">
        <vocation name="Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Druid"/>
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>
        <vocation name="Elder Druid"/>
        <vocation name="Shadow Warlock"/>
    </instant>
The only one.

How to fix this thing?

I let refresh to myself.

I've got very weird issue. I created a "Warlock" class, with promo edition "Shadow Warlock".
Code:
    <vocation id="12" name="Warlock" description="a warlock" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="35" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="35" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="800" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="5">
    </vocation>
    <vocation id="13" name="Shadow Warlock" description="a shadow warlock" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="3" gainhpamount="35" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="35" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="800" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="5">
    </vocation>
</vocations>

And my Warlock appears to be a Sorcerer. Yes. I can use sorcerer spells, but I can't use spells belongs to knight, druid and paladin as well. In spells.xml, ONLY ONE spell has a line with warlock,
Code:
    </instant>
    <instant group="attack" spellid="88" name="Energy Strike" words="exori vis" lvl="12" mana="20" prem="1" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" exhaustion="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/energy strike.lua">
        <vocation name="Druid"/>
    </instant>
The only one.

How to fix this thing?
Change
Code:
fromvoc="5">
to
Code:
fromvoc="12">

I let refresh to myself.

Code:
    </vocation>
    </vocation>
</vocations>

Code:
    </instant>
        <vocation name="Druid"/>
    </instant>
The only one.

How to fix this thing?

what TFS version are you using?

TFS 1.1

I tried with fromvoc 12 and still not work

I can see that my version has a additional atribute "clientid" in vocations. This is missing in my 5th class.

@Edit:
Nevermind. For first time, I changed names of rest of vocations (sorc -> mage, paladin -> hunter etc.), and then console screamed about errors like "wrong vocation name". So i return to default names, added warlock again and seems to work.

But still, what is that "clientid"? Example:
Code:
<vocation id="8" clientid="1" name="Elite Knight" description="an elite knight" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="2" gainhpamount="10" gainmanaticks="4" gainmanaamount="10" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="2000" basespeed="220" soulmax="200" gainsoulticks="15" fromvoc="4">

And... So what I need to do to change names of default vocs? Where else yet have to change names?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back