• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] How to setup OTServBR-Global (Based on The forgotten server) - Windows

I fixed this error . I installed a virtual box and win10 on it. I downloaded to VirtualBox a visual studio and did everything like in tutorial.
Probably the mistake was by downloading too many libraries.

I fixed this error . I installed a virtual box and win10 on it. I downloaded to VirtualBox a visual studio and did everything like in tutorial.
Probably the mistake was by downloading too many libraries.
I'll give this a shot now that I know not to translate the page. Maybe I installed one too many things and messed up the host machine a bit.

I'll give this a shot now that I know not to translate the page. Maybe I installed one too many things and messed up the host machine a bit.
Try unistalling everything, I mean everything.
Control panel / delete remaining files from the unistalled programs.
Recommending using IObit unistaller for a clean unistall (every single file removed)

To uninstall everything and delete folders with libraries is too much work. That's why I installed win10 on the wirtualbox and the compilation came out the first time.

To uninstall everything and delete folders with libraries is too much work. That's why I installed win10 on the wirtualbox and the compilation came out the first time.
Woudn't take longer to unistall it then installing a viritualbox.

Depends how much of it all installed 😂 In my case, it was better to install everything on virtualbox😆😆😆

I think I know the step I missed.
In the OTServ Brasil tutorial step one says to download 3 things. The directions only say to install two of them, so I think I did not install the third thing that you download, Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable.
Also in the directions for what to install with Visual Studio 2017 it mentions the Windows Universal CRT SDK, and it was already checked in the Individual components list. This time I clicked it anyways and instead of that options becoming un-checked it actually added it to the "summary" windows on the right side. A bit odd, but I have hope that this will all help.

Finally compiled successfully!

Last edited:
I had the same problem when building TFS 1.3 x64 and OTServBR-Global x64. Reinstalling everything have solved nothing.
My solution was to rebuild cryptopp lib.
In case if someone need some help with that.

Steps I followed to fix the problem (Using Visual Studio 2017, not tested on 2019 but probably should work):
  1. Clone cryptopp from weidai11/cryptopp (https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp)
  2. Open cryptest.vcxproj
  3. In Solution Explorer on "cryptest": RMB > Properties

Configuration: Release, Platform: x64
    Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation
    Runtime Library has to be set to: Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

Configuration: Debug, Platform: x64
    Runtime Library has to be set to: Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)

4. Build "cryptest" Debug x64 and Release x64
  5. Go to "cryptopp\x64\Output\Release" and "cryptopp\x64\Output\Debug" change filenames from cryptlib.lib to "cryptopp-static.lib"
  6. Go to "vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\lib" and replace the existing "cryptopp-static.lib" with the new built one from "cryptopp\x64\Output\Release"
  7. Go to "vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\debug\lib" and replace the existing "cryptopp-static.lib" with the new built one from "cryptopp\x64\Output\Debug".
  8. Rebuild "theforgottenserver". :)
I'm not sure if debug version of cryptopp is really needed but anyway it brings no harm to build it. :p
Followed by these step in VS 2019. Ofc I'm still using compiler 421 and Win10 SDK 10.0.17xxx downloaded via 2019's installer and TFS vsxproj isn't updated to 2019 but using native version.

========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

:)
To compile it in 2019 you have to follow steps I quoted but you have to change compiler and sdk for each four cryptopp projects and set each of them to x64 release.

Last edited:
Anyone want a tutorial on how to host this on Linux?

I did all and i have this errors:

Code:
1>wildcardtree.cpp
1>cryptopp-static.lib(ec2n.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(ecp.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hex.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rng.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(modes.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(gfpcrypt.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hmac.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(gf2n.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(oaep.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(mqueue.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rijndael.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hrtimer.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(dll.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(nbtheory.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(pubkey.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(iterhash.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(base64.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(randpool.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(osrng.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(algparam.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(misc.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(cryptlib.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(filters.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(basecode.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(integer.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(queue.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(asn.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rsa.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(ecp.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hex.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rng.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(gfpcrypt.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hmac.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(gf2n.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(ec2n.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(mqueue.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rijndael.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(hrtimer.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(modes.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(dll.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(nbtheory.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(pubkey.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(iterhash.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(base64.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(randpool.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(osrng.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(algparam.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(misc.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(cryptlib.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(filters.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(basecode.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(integer.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(queue.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(asn.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>cryptopp-static.lib(rsa.cpp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
1>C:\Users\Bartek\vcpkg\OTServBR-Global-develop\vc14\x64\Release\theforgottenserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
I have exactly the same errors, i tried to reinstall but it no success.
Also tried :

I had the same problem when building TFS 1.3 x64 and OTServBR-Global x64. Reinstalling everything have solved nothing.
My solution was to rebuild cryptopp lib.
In case if someone need some help with that.

Steps I followed to fix the problem (Using Visual Studio 2017, not tested on 2019 but probably should work):
  1. Clone cryptopp from weidai11/cryptopp (https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp)
  2. Open cryptest.vcxproj
  3. In Solution Explorer on "cryptest": RMB > Properties

Configuration: Release, Platform: x64
    Runtime Library has to be set to: Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)

Configuration: Debug, Platform: x64
    Runtime Library has to be set to: Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)

4. Build "cryptest" Debug x64 and Release x64
  5. Go to "cryptopp\x64\Output\Release" and "cryptopp\x64\Output\Debug" change filenames from cryptlib.lib to "cryptopp-static.lib"
  6. Go to "vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\lib" and replace the existing "cryptopp-static.lib" with the new built one from "cryptopp\x64\Output\Release"
  7. Go to "vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\debug\lib" and replace the existing "cryptopp-static.lib" with the new built one from "cryptopp\x64\Output\Debug".
  8. Rebuild "theforgottenserver". :)
I'm not sure if debug version of cryptopp is really needed but anyway it brings no harm to build it. :p

But if i try this, it will bring a lot more errors in that solution/project

I'm running the server!, however i don't have a client to log in, where can i get one?

I have exactly the same errors, i tried to reinstall but it no success.
Also tried :

But if i try this, it will bring a lot more errors in that solution/project
I suppose you either installed the Studio wrong/missing req. Build files and/or connected it wrongly
I'm running the server!, however i don't have a client to log in, where can i get one?
Check the text document in "Tibia Client 12"

Back