• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tutorial Running Cipsoft Server Files

lordkill

OldTibia RPG Server Owner
Reaction score
First of all, sorry for my bad english, i am brazilian.

This tutorial is for run in local game world.

Lets go, i dont go release images for this, is necessary any knowledge in linux.

First download VmWare workstation or virtual box and install.

Now download CentOS 3.1 here: http://archive.kernel.org/centos-vault/3.1/isos/ download 3 disks and install in vmware, I will not go into details about the Linux installation, you yourself must learn.

Install VMware tools in centos or install one ftpserver, is recomended vmware tools, (more fast).

Now unpack gameserver (released by BoneZ or Toor) you choose, BoneZ have binary 3x exp and Toor 1x.
Copy folder game to /home/, you cannot have permission to put directly to this folder, unpack in /home/yourusername, now use this comand in terminal:su mv /home/yourusername/game /home and click enter, now your game folder is in /home.

One tip, if you are run ./game in user root make this in terminal: cp /home/game/.tibia /root. If you run in another user make this: cp /home/game/.tibia /home/yourusername/

Now is necessary run another linux in another virtual machine, i recomend ubuntu 14.04.
Copy and paste database otserv_schema_data.sql to /home/yourusername (you can make this because vmware tools already installed in ubuntu 14).
after install make this in terminal: sudo apt-get updated. after make this: sudo apt-get install g++ libmysqlclient-dev mysql-server

mysqlserver will question about pass of root user, choose one and install.

In terminal make this: mysql -u root -p and click enter, will be asked for your root password.
CREATE USER 'otserv'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; (password can be Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL or another of your choise).
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'otserv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwordofyourchoise' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
USE otserv;
source /home/yourusername/otserv_schema_data.sql;
make this in terminal: nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf
and edit this line: bind-address = 127.0.0.1 to bind-address = 0.0.0.0

now database is ok.

Now copy querymanager folder to /home/yourusername. open Main.cpp in text editor.
if you create one pass different you have to change password in all lines like this:
Database db("localhost", "otserv", "Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL", "otserv");
if your choose Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL you can pass to next.

std::string q_world = "otserver" change to "RealOTS"

hton1(INADDR_LOOPBACK); change to inet_addr("yourmachineip"); is used to connect querymanager to gameserver.

go in your centos and make this in terminal: ifconfig, you can see your machine ip. get this ip

writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

put your ip in order, example your ip is 192.168.20.10

change
writeMsg.adByte(192);
writeMsg.adByte(168);
writeMsg.adByte(20);
writeMsg.adByte(10);

this is determines which gameserver ip will listen.

save this and close.

in your terminal make this; cd /home/yourusername/querymanager
and make this: make
wait to compile new querymanager
after end make this: ./querymanager
now your querymanager is ok and listening in your machine ip and por 17778.

Go to centos machine and make this: nano /root/.tibia if you using root user or nano /home/youusername/.tibia

change 127.0.0.1 to your ubuntu ip where is it querymanager running:

QueryManager = {("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`")}

CTRL + o to save and CTRL + x to close.
make this in terminal (as root) credit to @Jopirop
cd /lib/tls/
mv libc.so.6 libc.backup.so.6
mv libpthread.so.0 libpthread.backup.so.0

Now make this in terminal: cd /home/game/bin
./game

wait to connection to querymanager, if it successfull you can see gameserver loading map files and monsters. Ok server online.

download realotserloginserver posted by Yamaken and compile (I will not teach this), after compiled edit config.lua:
this part is like opentibia

ip = "yourloginservermachineip"
clientVersionMin = 770
clientVersionMax = 770
clientVersionStr = "7.70"

mysqlhost = "ipofyourmysqlserver"
mysqluser = "otserv"
mysqlpass = "Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL" (or you have chosen)
mysqldatabase = "otserv"

Save and close.

edit gameservers.xml

<server id="0" name="RealOTS" ip="yourgameserverip" port="7172" />

save and close, now run loginserver.
Open client 7.70 in xvi32 and edit ips in tibia.exe, I will not teach this, look how to do.

DONT USE IPCHANGER, ITS CHANGE RSA KEYS.

now choose one account in database to login, enter and play.

Tutorial very simple but if you then how is there you able to enter in game.

Credits:
Tutorial: Myself (@lordkill)
Jopirop to helpme

Regards.

Lets go, i dont go release images for this, is necessary any knowledge in linux.

Now download CentOS 3.1 here: http://archive.kernel.org/centos-vault/3.1/isos/ download 3 disks and install in vmware, I will not go into details about the Linux installation, you yourself must learn.

Install VMware tools in centos or install one ftpserver, is recomended vmware tools, (more fast).

Now unpack gameserver (released by BoneZ or Toor) you choose, BoneZ have binary 3x exp and Toor 1x.
Copy folder game to /home/, you cannot have permission to put directly to this folder, unpack in /home/yourusername, now use this comand in terminal:su mv /home/yourusername/game /home and click enter, now your game folder is in /home.

One tip, if you are run ./game in user root make this in terminal: cp /home/game/.tibia /root. If you run in another user make this: cp /home/game/.tibia /home/yourusername/

Now is necessary run another linux in another virtual machine, i recomend ubuntu 14.04.
Copy and paste database otserv_schema_data.sql to /home/yourusername (you can make this because vmware tools already installed in ubuntu 14).
after install make this in terminal: sudo apt-get updated. after make this: sudo apt-get install g++ libmysqlclient-dev mysql-server

In terminal make this: mysql -u root -p and click enter, will be asked for your root password.
CREATE USER 'otserv'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; (password can be Cz7u89dmyPzHDNEL or another of your choise).
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'otserv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwordofyourchoise' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
USE otserv;

now database is ok.

Now copy querymanager folder to /home/yourusername. open Main.cpp in text editor.
if you create one pass different you have to change password in all lines like this:

hton1(INADDR_LOOPBACK); change to inet_addr("yourmachineip"); is used to connect querymanager to gameserver.

go in your centos and make this in terminal: ifconfig, you can see your machine ip. get this ip

writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

change
writeMsg.adByte(192);
writeMsg.adByte(168);
writeMsg.adByte(20);
writeMsg.adByte(10);

save this and close.

Go to centos machine and make this: nano /root/.tibia if you using root user or nano /home/youusername/.tibia

QueryManager = {("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`"),("127.0.0.1",17778,"nXE?/>j`")}

cd /lib/tls/

./game

wait to connection to querymanager, if it successfull you can see gameserver loading map files and monsters. Ok server online.

download realotserloginserver posted by Yamaken and compile (I will not teach this), after compiled edit config.lua:

clientVersionMin = 770
clientVersionMax = 770

mysqluser = "otserv"
mysqldatabase = "otserv"

Save and close.

edit gameservers.xml

Open client 7.70 in xvi32 and edit ips in tibia.exe, I will not teach this, look how to do.

Credits:
Jopirop to helpme

Regards.
I will try this!

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
USE otserv;

now database is ok.

writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

change
writeMsg.adByte(192);
writeMsg.adByte(168);
writeMsg.adByte(20);
writeMsg.adByte(10);

save this and close.

cd /lib/tls/

./game

clientVersionMin = 770
clientVersionMax = 770

mysqluser = "otserv"
mysqldatabase = "otserv"

Save and close.

edit gameservers.xml

Credits:
Jopirop to helpme

Regards.
can maybe record a video and upload on youtube?

Lol, it's as easy as setting up an OTServ, only difference is that you'd need to setup old Linux threads.
Really easy, but who has no knowledge of Linux can be very difficult

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
USE otserv;

now database is ok.

writeMsg.adByte(213);
writeMsg.adByte(163);
writeMsg.adByte(67);
writeMsg.adByte(173);

change
writeMsg.adByte(192);
writeMsg.adByte(168);
writeMsg.adByte(20);
writeMsg.adByte(10);

save this and close.

cd /lib/tls/

./game

clientVersionMin = 770
clientVersionMax = 770

mysqluser = "otserv"
mysqldatabase = "otserv"

Save and close.

edit gameservers.xml

Credits:
Jopirop to helpme

Regards.
Pls video...

Nice could you maybe upload the Querymanager and the database scheme?
download here: http://***************/download/dXB...VyeS5yYXI=/h/2927d95c460d5fefd8c71a94354dbecf
and here: http://***************/download/dXB...FsLnJhcg==/h/2f2e6841e56a510008b2308258f1955e

is necessary create one account to download

download here: http://***************/download/dXB...VyeS5yYXI=/h/2927d95c460d5fefd8c71a94354dbecf
and here: http://***************/download/dXB...FsLnJhcg==/h/2f2e6841e56a510008b2308258f1955e

is necessary create one account to download
I created an account but when I try to download a file its failing.
Its says failed - no file

I got a problem guys.
After I install the Centos 3.1 in VmWare they ask me for a username/password and i try to use the same login as i created in the beginning before installing CentOS but this user/pass is not working to make the login, can someone tell me what i've missed. :/

Thanks

When I try to run the querymanager I get Unable to create server socket (2)!

update: nevermind, figured it out. =]

Another problem now though, I cant figure out how to compile the login server, never used cmake. Help me out please. =p

Last edited:
Back